BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I've never ever heard of a player running his contract down and then there being a sell on fee at his next club.  Sorry, doesn't stack up. I'm willing to bet there isn't a clause.

You might well be right, it did seem to come out of nowhere but equally I was under the impression that it was basically established that it was there. Suppose we'll find out in the coming weeks, can't see him staying there come the start of the new season.

I've never ever heard of a player running his contract down and then there being a sell on fee at his next club.  Sorry, doesn't stack up. I'm willing to bet there isn't a clause.

As he was under 24 a tribunal will more often than not insert future fees based on apps/caps/sell-on profit

• Like 2

Said it before but I would be fuming at bringing in another kid on loan.

There is absolutely no scope for what has unfolded to be defended. We had a young and talented goalkeeper who we sold for cheap, ie 2/3 of a poor striker, all thinking that we were going to sign a more experienced goalkeeper for the here and now.

We then got another kid on loan who was a disaster and made so many mistakes. If we are now entering a cycle of loaning kids to be our number 1 then I am dead against that idea.

It is so risky, if the goalkeeper isnt ready, then theres little scope for swapping him unless as Reading and Forest did, the latter with Muric, you realise before the window shuts and get someone else in. Goalkeeper is the riskiest place to have a kid but if you do, at least have it as your own young goalkeeper, not someone elses.

Obviously scope for them to prove me wrong, and at Championship level, be more of a Woodman than a Muric/Grabara/Walton/Virginia etc. But Mowbray has handled this horribly if there is any truth to it all.

If he was a youth product and he wasn't.   The clause isn't there

King's played161 league matches for Bournemouth and has many appearances for Norway.We should have been getting money based off that, were there a clause. There's been nothing in the local press about  any payments.

53 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Tbf mate, you kept it under your hat, thanks. It’s actually one of Iversen and Muric as No.1 and O’hara as no.2. (Don’t shoot the messenger)

Hope they get some cash quick and go for Marshall who would be keen too.

Where do you think Nicko heard it from? ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So to clarify chaddy, Paul Mani told you these 2 names last week, and ever since that is why you have been bigging them both up, because you had heard we were interested and wanted to make sure that you appeared to endorse them before if and when they actually happened :lol:

Didn't big any one up just simply look at their records, clips, and info from what is out there in public domain already. 

You just moan and complain at every link player. 

Do you have inside info? 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

There is absolutely no scope for what has unfolded to be defended. We had a young and talented goalkeeper who we sold for cheap, ie 2/3 of a poor striker, all thinking that we were going to sign a more experienced goalkeeper for the here and now.

We then got another kid on loan who was a disaster and made so many mistakes. If we are now entering a cycle of loaning kids to be our number 1 then I am dead against that idea.

It is so risky, if the goalkeeper isnt ready, then theres little scope for swapping him unless as Reading and Forest did, the latter with Muric, you realise before the window shuts and get someone else in. Goalkeeper is the riskiest place to have a kid but if you do, at least have it as your own young goalkeeper, not someone elses.

Obviously scope for them to prove me wrong, and at Championship level, be more of a Woodman than a Muric/Grabara/Walton/Virginia etc. But Mowbray has handled this horribly if there is any truth to it all.

I agree ?...I was massively deflated with the young PL loan focus too.

Apparently Iversen is very good. If it’s a young lad I hope it’s him

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Got an inside track on the keepers situation. The goalkeepers union in full flow and lots of chatter. Had Muric, Iversen, Ohara and possible Marshall a week ago. Told a couple of people privately in here.

You had all of them? You big stud you ;)

• Like 4

Out of interest Paul, fair enough if what you heard ie the 2 names has been endorsed by the always right Nixon. 

But why have you seemingly come on here wanting credit for something you never even put on here?

And why do you think hearing little bits of transfer gossip is such a big boast?

There’s no boast. I never broke the news.

How depressing this all is.

What a sad state of affairs our club now is.

IMO, if this is slow build and evolution then God help us.

Think Mowbray has really stuffed us with his player trading mismanagement for three and a half years. 

Hope the last person out the building remembers to turn off the lights.

A lovely Sunday afternoon river walk beckons followed by a pint or two and some decent grub.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't big any one up just simply look at their records, clips, and info from what is out there in public domain already. 

You just moan and complain at every link player. 

Do you have inside info? 

Is having inside info, even if it is not even shareable, a massive point to boast about in your life? :lol: 

No, I moan at the potential, ie its not happened, of loaning in kids on a temporary basis, having sold a more talented and permanent goalkeeper to part fund a poor striker we dont even play in his correct position! Hardly something to be happy about is it.

Whereas you have gone out of your way to repeatedly mention these names all week, because you knew we would be publically linked.

As others pointed out with you waiting and seeing on Downing, you wait to see what Mowbray has done before agreeing with whatever that is.

• Like 2

Just now, Spankus Munky said:

Wrong. The youth product will get you a little bit of money for training compensation and future fee with no value in the player as a whole, and is decided by the rules in EPPP regime.

Thats what i said.  If he was a youth produxt we would get compo...but he isnt

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesn't take much for you to be fuming does it? 

It's worked for Chris Wilder at Sheffield United with Dean Henderson didnt it? Could be number 1 at Man Utd in the coming season. Not bad for a keeper who was on loan at Shrewsbury 3 years ago and Rovers fans was winding up..

Is having inside info, even if it is not even shareable, a massive point to boast about in your life? :lol: 

No, I moan at the potential, ie its not happened, of loaning in kids on a temporary basis, having sold a more talented and permanent goalkeeper to part fund a poor striker we dont even play in his correct position! Hardly something to be happy about is it.

Whereas you have gone out of your way to repeatedly mention these names all week, because you knew we would be publically linked.

As others pointed out with you waiting and seeing on Downing, you wait to see what Mowbray has done before agreeing with whatever that is.

Yes, and then trashes people who actually have bona fide information because he didnt get in on it...Sad Chad

Edited by Sparks Rover

Just now, bluebruce said:

Can we please stop arguing over who is the most/real ITK? Got to be honest, it's a little sad.

As usual it gets 'broke' after it's broke ?

Means nothing unless it's actually concrete in as far as bids and talks but fills the pages i suppose.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thats what i said.  If he was a youth produxt we would get compo...but he isnt

It doesn't matter, he was under 24 and we offered him an extension therefore we get a tribunal to decide the players value (which 99.9% of time includes add ons like sell-on profits, hence why the fee you receive is usually low)

Edited by Spankus Munky
  • Like 1