BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just catching up. In the absense of a transfer links thread, has anyone actually reported us being interested in Muric and Iverson? Or is it just fan gossip which the tubby tabloid peddler has picked up on?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Just catching up. In the absense of a transfer links thread, has anyone actually reported us being interested in Muric and Iverson? Or is it just fan gossip which the tubby tabloid peddler has picked up on?

Nixon linked us to Muric from Man City and Iversen from Leicester. On loan. 

Also says we are interested in Dillon Philips from Charlton. Would cost more than a Million. Only 12 months left on his deal there

What happened the last time we heard that about a Charlton player we were after ?

Either sign Philips and stump up the cash if they really want him otherwise move on. It's the dithering that ends up costing more in the long run.

• Like 5

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

Said it before two untested and inexperienced loan keepers is a recipe for disaster. We’ve had 12 months to plan for this and our much vaunted European scouting next work, comes up with two inexperienced kids. It’s almost like we’ve learnt nothing in 12 months it’s inexcusably bad if either sign as first choice 

It'll come down to which agents push the hardest as usual.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Said it before two untested and inexperienced loan keepers is a recipe for disaster. We’ve had 12 months to plan for this and our much vaunted European scouting next work, comes up with two inexperienced kids. It’s almost like we’ve learnt nothing in 12 months it’s inexcusably bad if either sign as first choice 

This supposed scouting network we have is a joke.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LDRover said:

Tolkien trail Merce? See you at The Shireburn later

Not today!

It's a lovely walk though and done many times.

Like the Shireburn very much.  Great ales, good grub and stunning views at the back! 

Just now, Mercer said:

Not today!

It's a lovely walk though and done many times.

Like the Shireburn very much.  Great ales, good grub and stunning views at the back! 

Was sat next to a bloke and his missus enjoying a bottle of red this afternoon there and wondered if it was you!!

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

But you failed to answer a very simple question. if he wasn't any good why would he been Man City? Plenty to research but if you dont want to fair enough. 

City want to loan him and after our work with Adarabioyo which City would have like I would think they would offer him on good terms similar terms to previous loan of Adarabioyo. 

Young keeper need to be loan out and playing 1st team football. Look at Fisher who is 22 years and barely played any club football at 1st team level even after a few loans. 

Christian Dailly, Ashley Ward, Kevin Davies. Nathan Blake....etc need I say any more!

Just now, LDRover said:

Was sat next to a bloke and his missus enjoying a bottle of red this afternoon there and wondered if it was you!!

Sadly, no.

If you think it's me next time then give the guy a nudge and if it is me, I'll buy you a pint!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would Rovers offer 35 years old anymore than one year deal? 

Marshall would be nothing short of 1 year possible 2 years stop gap. So basically the same as a loan in reality. 

Muric might have grow into the team and got better with times. Who knows. 

Yet again who got excited about him? no one. read what people posted instead of what you want to say or read. All people did was discuss the player and the prospect of signing him. No one got excited over him. 

Yes I suggested a few names including a keeper from Man Utd and Brighton if I remember correctly when a poster suggested we could be loaning a young Premier League keeper. crime of the century there. Yes I discussed the prospect of signing them both like I do with every link. Yes I said don't judge players of other clubs fans comments like you did last summer when Downing and Adarabioyo signed. complaining about both signings! 

Yes Rovers Chat did a YouTube video on possible keepers and I asked Andy Watson from the show did he have the stats for Muric and Iversen. I also asked for O'Hara stats. is that wrong thing to asked him to do?  He and the other person in that show discuss a number of keeper options. I quite like the look of Muller stats from Bundesliga 2 but without seeing him in a live game I couldn't give a proper opinion on him 

Stop talking sh1te.

Buffon is 40+ and still playing top class football.

So you are saying you would not have offered a 35 year old Buffon more than a one year contract...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

What happened the last time we heard that about a Charlton player we were after ?

Either sign Philips and stump up the cash if they really want him otherwise move on. It's the dithering that ends up costing more in the long run.

Exactly. Everybody involved with the club surely understand the critical nature of obtaining a quality keeper. This could be the season Rovers make a big push at playoffs, or possibly auto promotion, IF we hold onto key players, and improve ourselves at keeper, LB, and CB.

if not, we will be just another mid table club in the Championship. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Christian Dailly, Ashley Ward, Kevin Davies. Nathan Blake....etc need I say any more!

In our pomp, we released plenty of youngsters who trickled down to the lower and non-leagues.

Just because they're on a Premier League club's books means squat.

• Like 4

For the European Recruitment Network to work you need a manager who’s open to that ... No point having that when everything has to be run past him .... It just doesn’t work ...

On one side you have a whole department with lots of information and players piling up and then it has to be bottled necked for our man in charge .. theirs only so many videos a man can watch in a day .. 

A Man needs to be put in charge in hiring players ...We are miles behind other clubs 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, unleaded said:

For the European Recruitment Network to work you need a manager who’s open to that ... No point having that when everything has to be run past him .... It just doesn’t work ...

On one side you have a whole department with lots of information and players piling up and then it has to be bottled necked for our man in charge .. theirs only so many videos a man can watch in a day .. 

A Man needs to be put in charge in hiring players ...We are miles behind other clubs 

Our structure is like something from the 1960's or 70's. The manager runs the club, handles all football activity including organising fixtures, scouting, transfers, media and then coaching and matchday.

As you say it is decades behind what other clubs have put into place.

Football has moved on and you need a structure and backroom team in place that continues alongside and independently of the manager.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like Phillips was a load of tosh according to Sharpe......

No surprise there.

Think it tells you all you need to know about the state of Rovers and our manager.

A PERMANENT number one goalkeeper with some experience and proven ability should be our number one priority.  Instead, it seems we are p1ssing about with novices from PL clubs with neither experience nor proven ability at league level.  IMO, absolutely diabolical - full stop. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like Phillips was a load of tosh according to Sharpe......

He's the decent name chucked about whilst they wait to be offered something cheap from the c list.

Like the 'defenders are coming' scenario Mowbrays rep hangs on this.  A good one in or lucky loan or it's a very black mark Tony not the sign of building a team or a gaffer who knows what he's doing. Just more finger in the dyke hope for the best stuff.

• Like 2