BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The fact he's played some games at this level doesn't necessarily make him any better than Fisher, if by chance we'd had injuries in that position  like Boro and been forced to play Fisher or had simply opted to give him a try out because Walton was so poor, would you still say this Boro lad was a much better option?

The fact he's played a few games doesn't mean he's the answer any more than the view that Fisher is not because he hasn't yet been handed his chance.

It's like saying a crap older keeper is the answer because they have "experience". It's nonsense.

Chaddy lives in a different world to the rest of us. Everything is perfect and the ruler of the kingdom is a bloke called Mowbray. Thought you would have learned that by now. He can't help but blow smoke up his arse 

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

From the article:

It is understood Warnock wants to bring in a new battle-hardened first choice keeper and that could push the rookie down the pecking order.

And therein lies our problem.  Warnock knows what the feck he's doing in stark contrast, IMO, to the hapless, bumbling Mowbray.

You get more depressed, Rovers wise, by the day.  At least Mowbray's band of happy clappers will remain happy.

Funny enough the Keeper Warnock has been linked is another 22 years keeper called Alex Bass from Portsmouth who has total appearances of 29 games. Yes 29 games. Hardly new battle hardened is he? 

here are link stories for Bass to Boro

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/crystal-palace-joined-middlesbrough-race-portsmouth-keeper-2928489

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-bids-middlesbrough-linked-keeper-18737546

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why non-starter? Or we don't want more than 1 million pounds for a player who is out of contract in less than 12 months

We can't afford to wait another 12 months for a decent keeper.

As far as this particular player is concerned, I haven't seen him play but he seems fairly highly rated and it may be that 1m is a bargain price for him entirely due to his contractual situation.

As always you're waiting to see which way the wind is blowing on any particular topic and backing the Club's apparent position. If we did an apparent  U turn and signed this lad for £1.5m tomorrow you'd be hailing it as a brilliant move!

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Dont you rate the young keepers we already have on the books? 

Fisher is 22 years old and has how many 1st games including loan spells? 6 EFL trophy games. Look at other keepers who go out on loan and play. Whether is Swansea Benda playing league 2 football, or Walton here or Sanchez at Rochdale. I would sell Fisher this summer. 

Hilton needs to be loan out and get some 1st team football? 

Eastham could be the under 23's keeper this coming season IMO

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fisher is 22 years old and has how many 1st games including loan spells? 6 EFL trophy games. Look at other keepers who go out on loan and play. Whether is Swansea Benda playing league 2 football, or Walton here or Sanchez at Rochdale. I would sell Fisher this summer. 

Just playing devil's advocate but why does Hilton need to be loaned out to get some first team football? If he's good enough to play elsewhere, why can't he play here?

I'd make the same argument for Wharton as well. I can't see the point in loaning out or selling our own  youngsters so we can pay more to bring in generally substandard players from elsewhere. (Tosin being an obvious exception)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Chaddy lives in a different world to the rest of us. Everything is perfect and the ruler of the kingdom is a bloke called Mowbray. Thought you would have learned that by now. He can't help but blow smoke up his arse 

where did I say everything is perfect? I didn't for the record. So lets stop the hysterical comments of false and untrue comments posters never posted in the 1st place!!!

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We can't afford to wait another 12 months for a decent keeper.

As far as this particular player is concerned, I haven't seen him play but he seems fairly highly rated and it may be that 1m is a bargain price for him entirely due to his contractual situation.

As always you're waiting to see which way the wind is blowing on any particular topic and backing the Club's apparent position. If we did an apparent  U turn and signed this lad for £1.5m tomorrow you'd be hailing it as a brilliant move!

And Rev, I haven't said we should wait another 12 months for decent keeper have I? Where did I say this Rev? why keep posting comments that the poster never said. 

We are interested in Philips but depending what are budget is we will be trying to get the best price thats suits us not them. 

Its funny you mention 1.5 million cos I mention that price yesterday that we should bid for Philips. I have already said Philips would be good signing for us regrading we don't blow our entire budget on him. I wouldn't be over paying for him. There is other keepers out there we should be looking at like Kevin Muller whop plays in the Bundesliga 2 for FC Heidenheim. Rovers chat mention him and his stats are very good. So he could be option. I could have named other potential names Rev but what's the point!

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't Hilton the exact same age as Fischer? 

And also has less apps than Fischer? 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Just playing devil's advocate but why does Hilton need to be loaned out to get some first team football? If he's good enough to play elsewhere, why can't he play here?

I'd make the same argument for Wharton as well. I can't see the point in loaning out or selling our own  youngsters so we can pay more to bring in generally substandard players from elsewhere. (Tosin being an obvious exception)

Hilton hasn't played any sort of league football so I would like him to go and play 1st team football at league 2 level. Lets see how he does at that level. 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Fisher is 22 years and had 2 loans last season and only played 3 EFL games. So another pointless loan. When we loaning players we need to make sure our players are playing 1st team regular 

Joe Hilton is 20 years so 2 years younger

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

According to the Lancashire Telegraph,Eastham was told he'd feature for the first team this season and Fisher's been told he can challenge for the starting keeper spot. That leaves Hilton as the U23 keeper.

Mowbray has said goalkeeper is his top priority, but he has yet to say the he now knows his budget. There's no sense of urgency. This summer, as last, the club is content to offer a player a new contract and wait for his response.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

You obviously missed the point I was trying to make before completely.

It doesn't matter whether X has made 20 appearances and Y is still waiting for his chance. It's ability that matters. The fact X has played 20 times doesn't make him a better player. Walton has plenty of experience but no talent and will always be a terrible keeper.

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

According to the Lancashire Telegraph,Eastham was told he'd feature for the first team this season and Fisher's been told he can challenge for the starting keeper spot. That leaves Hilton as the U23 keeper.

Mowbray has said goalkeeper is his top priority, but he has yet to say the he now knows his budget. There's no sense of urgency. This summer, as last, the club is content to offer a player a new contract and wait for his response.

is this LT article or a rovers fan posted it in the comments section as I seen the same comment on Rovers supporter group on facebook yesterday?

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

Can’t see an Under 18’s keeper being ahead of the two older players with more experience. Would be a very odd decision.

I think Fisher is ahead of Hilton within the clubs opinion, but I agree with some other posters sentiments that Hilton is the better keeper of the two.

No way the lad three years younger gets game time ahead of them though.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Can’t see an Under 18’s keeper being ahead of the two older players with more experience. Would be a very odd decision.

I think Fisher is ahead of Hilton within the clubs opinion, but I agree with some other posters sentiments that Hilton is the better keeper of the two.

No way the lad three years younger gets game time ahead of them though.

Eastham and Fisher would playing in the first team, not U23s.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And Rev, I haven't said we should wait another 12 months for decent keeper have I? Where did I say this Rev? why keep posting comments that the poster never said. 

We are interested in Philips but depending what are budget is we will be trying to get the best price thats suits us not them. 

You appeared to be trying to defend the position of not being willing to pay 1m ish for this lad because he is down to the last 12 months of his contract.

Unless you think we can afford to wait 12 months and will still be in pole position to secure him at that point I can't see the argument. If he's the man you really want, pay the money. If he isn't then you shouldn't really be in for him in the first place and should look elsewhere.

Of course, I and a few others don't think we have 1m to spend without sales. On the other hand there are claims the new budget is reasonable so we'll have to wait and see. 

The overall point remains that regardless of budget there must surely be better options in the wide world of football than falling back on Mowbray's default option of returning to Boro (and possibly HSH) .

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

Eastham and Fisher would playing in the first team, not U23s.

Baffling if that’s what we end up with given that Hilton is arguably the best keeper of the three ?

Chaddy, I have never heard you be even mildly critical of Mowbray or any of his signings(until the day TM himself decides they are shit after all and then you agree) , that's why I describe you as living in a world where everything is perfect. And as for hysterical, you are the only one hysterical with your last response to me. Not long ago you were saying Hilton should be no2 next season and we will get a foreign keeper as our no1 courtesy of our famed European scouting network. Now this boro reject is reported to be heading our way and already you are trying to justify the signing with stats. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Baffling if that’s what we end up with given that Hilton is arguably the best keeper of the three ?

I could see him being sent out as one of the players we send on loan to Barrow.

@1864roveriteWhen your manager publicly states that he hasn't clarity on his budget, it is reasonable to expect an equally public statement that he now knows his budget. I happen to think, Mowbray knows who he wants to bring in and how much they'll cost.What he hasn't got, is the money, as shown by his recent statement that he's not 'buying time' at Blackburn Rovers. Does that mean he's prepared to walk,if he isn't backed? I don't know. It is, however, the first time whilst he's been a Rovers that he's said anything like it.

16 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

A couple of LT articles @chaddyrovers

Well I can't find any articles on the LT saying Fisher and Eastham will be part of the 1st team squad. Ive seen an article saying that Eastham signed a 2 year professional contract. Thats it. 

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You appeared to be trying to defend the position of not being willing to pay 1m ish for this lad because he is down to the last 12 months of his contract.

Unless you think we can afford to wait 12 months and will still be in pole position to secure him at that point I can't see the argument. If he's the man you really want, pay the money. If he isn't then you shouldn't really be in for him in the first place and should look elsewhere.

Of course, I and a few others don't think we have 1m to spend without sales. On the other hand there are claims the new budget is reasonable so we'll have to wait and see. 

The overall point remains that regardless of budget there must surely be better options in the wide world of football than falling back on Mowbray's default option of returning to Boro (and possibly HSH) .

So appeared to be trying to defend the position. well I didnt. I would pay 1 million pounds but I wouldn't want to be paying anyone than that for him. Move on to next target

I haven't have we should wait 12 months have I? another false claim by you. 

If Pears is coming here as number 2 under a more experience keeper than fair enough. He not the worst keeper and the stats posted by roversfan99 shows his stats are similar to Raya. Philips is 2nd best on that list. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would think Pears would be coming here as number 2. would be cheap deal no doubt. At least He has played some championship football unlike our own Fisher who has no leagues games at this level. 

I'm not going to going OTT over simple link. I will judge when they signed here. 

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why don't you wait and see who we sign for the transfer positions we want players for until the window is done. You are very judgement and OTT alot of the time. 

Yes his stats are very similar to Raya which is interested. Philips's stats are good.  

Yes 33 days to go and not many signings at this level. 

Also what you have overlooked that the club staff are on furlough and Blackburn is on Covid restrictions meaning that the club has been less active with certain items

Exactly. I think Mikey Delap posted on twitter at the weekend that they only been 8 signings so far 

Can you please stop with this shite everytime I post an opinion on a link. Obviously my opinions and comments assume that he is signing, as is the point of discussing transfer targets. Do I think he, Iversen, Muric, Phillips, Marshall, any of them are likely to sign? Poissibly not, I know that being linked with a player rarely leads to a signing so at this stage it is hypothetical.

I commented on Mowbrays scouting network and how signing the son of a former teammate of Mowbray, an opinion you clearly agree with having liked Paul Mani's status saying as such.

I said that I think it could be a good move if he was underneath a more experienced keeper, a point again you agree with having liked Paul Mani's status saying as such. I mentioned Marshall specifically. 

I also shared some opinions from Middlesbrough fans because obviously with such few appearances, knowledge on him will be minimal on him. You are constantly vocal on not caring what other fans think, fair enough, scroll past it because I do and I would suspect that other fans would be interested in what fans at his current club think of him should there be anything to the rumour as its good to know what we are getting. Their opinion was again mixed, but suggests what you would expect from a 22 year old, that he is probably not ready made to be a number 1 for a team chasing promotion.

I shared a statistic which was somewhat favourable in regards to his shot stopping, so again thats not "judgemental," just adding some meat to the bones in terms of our limited knowledge on him.

If I had said that I am outraged that we are even linked with him, or if I said that if we sign him I wont go and watch us etc then you may have had a point.

In general, my opinions on the 5 goalkeepers that I have seen us linked with have been very varied, 2 (Phillips and Marshall) I have said that I am happy with, 2 loans that I have dismissed (mainly on the principle that I do not want a kid on loan which is a consistent opinion I have held) and on Pears, mixed, very skeptical if he comes as number 1, which I suspect he would (would we pay a fee for a sub keeper?) but I much prefer that if the goalkeeper is young, that he is ours. I dont think that I am being judgemental by having these opinions, nor negative. (or positive, there is a mix of opinions)

If you are genuine in your first sentence, surely you wont bother reading this thread until the end of the window? The pestering journalists and debating and suggesting potential signings will stop and you will wait and only comment once all of our business is done?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Chaddy, I have never heard you be even mildly critical of Mowbray or any of his signings(until the day TM himself decides they are shit after all and then you agree) , that's why I describe you as living in a world where everything is perfect. And as for hysterical, you are the only one hysterical with your last response to me. Not long ago you were saying Hilton should be no2 next season and we will get a foreign keeper as our no1 courtesy of our famed European scouting network. Now this boro reject is reported to be heading our way and already you are trying to justify the signing with stats. 

while I suggested you look further into your claim which will be false. 

I said Hilton could be number 2 here if we could only bring in a number 1 but Hilton need a full season of football and playing, developing his games otherwise we have a similar situation to Fisher again!

This Boro reject? 

I mention the stats that were posted by other posters but you attack me for trying to justify the signing which is hysterical cos all I mention was his stats being around Raya while mentioning Philips having the 2nd best which you failed to mention your post. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-pears-middlesbrough-transfers-18747156

Interview with someone from Teeside Live on Pears. Pretty much as expected. Young. Broke through. Has made mistakes especially on crosses. Might be willing to move for first team football. Raw talent but nowhere near the finished product.

15 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I could see him being sent out as one of the players we send on loan to Barrow.

@1864roveriteWhen your manager publicly states that he hasn't clarity on his budget, it is reasonable to expect an equally public statement that he now knows his budget. I happen to think, Mowbray knows who he wants to bring in and how much they'll cost.What he hasn't got, is the money, as shown by his recent statement that he's not 'buying time' at Blackburn Rovers. Does that mean he's prepared to walk,if he isn't backed? I don't know. It is, however, the first time whilst he's been a Rovers that he's said anything like it.

I think the stakes caused by the pandemic have changed the face of football outside of the Premiership forever. There are so many factors, cash flow issues, uncertainties of crowds, no season tickets and no shirts on sale. TM is never going to reveal his hand and the cards he holds. All managers in our league will have to earn their corn by wheeling and dealing. Money buys are not going to be standard procedure whereas loans and freebies are. Even the big 3 who come down will be hamstrung by finance issues.

i am pretty certain Rovers will have their plans I do think it will take time to execute those plans.

• Like 1