BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I commented on Mowbrays scouting network and how signing the son of a former teammate of Mowbray, an opinion you clearly agree with having liked Paul Mani's status saying as such.

I said that I think it could be a good move if he was underneath a more experienced keeper, a point again you agree with having liked Paul Mani's status saying as such. I mentioned Marshall specifically. 

I do agree with Paul Mani's post 

I would want an experience keeper as number 1 with Pears as number 2. 

I also shared some opinions from Middlesbrough fans because obviously with such few appearances, knowledge on him will be minimal on him. You are constantly vocal on not caring what other fans think, fair enough, scroll past it

I did scroll past it cos for the reasons you already know

I shared a statistic which was somewhat favourable in regards to his shot stopping, so again thats not "judgemental," just adding some meat to the bones in terms of our limited knowledge on him.

Ive seen those stats but other stats like Clean sheets and how many goals he concended last season at Boro

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

my opinions on the 5 goalkeepers that I have seen us linked with have been very varied, 2 (Phillips and Marshall) I have said that I am happy with, 2 loans that I have dismissed (mainly on the principle that I do not want a kid on loan which is a consistent opinion I have held) and on Pears, mixed, very skeptical if he comes as number 1, which I suspect he would (would we pay a fee for a sub keeper?) but I much prefer that if the goalkeeper is young, that he is ours. I dont think that I am being judgemental by having these opinions, nor negative. (or positive, there is a mix of opinions)

If you are genuine in your first sentence, surely you wont bother reading this thread until the end of the window? The pestering journalists and debating and suggesting potential signings will stop and you will wait and only comment once all of our business is done?

What you view on Kieran O'Hara another keeper we have been linked with? 

Wait a second, I said wait to see who we sign 1st. Thats all. Pestering Journalists is something plenty of Rovers fans do by asking questions of the 4 journalists/news reporters who cover Rovers including yourself in past times. So are you going to complain at them also? I also enjoying watching the Rovers chat transfer videos as I think they have good suggestions. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-pears-middlesbrough-transfers-18747156

Interview with someone from Teeside Live on Pears. Pretty much as expected. Young. Broke through. Has made mistakes especially on crosses. Might be willing to move for first team football. Raw talent but nowhere near the finished product.

Sounds like our man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

why don't you wait and see who we sign for the transfer positions we want players for until the window is done. You are very judgement and OTT alot of the time. 

Yes his stats are very similar to Raya which is interested. Philips's stats are good.  

Yes 33 days to go and not many signings at this level. 

Also what you have overlooked that the club staff are on furlough and Blackburn is on Covid restrictions meaning that the club has been less active with certain items

Exactly. I think Mikey Delap posted on twitter at the weekend that they only been 8 signings so far 

No excuse.

IMO, small minded penny pinching.

Need a 'can do attitude', cut through the cr@p and excuses and get the feckin job done. 

• Like 2

Just now, 1864roverite said:

I think the stakes caused by the pandemic have changed the face of football outside of the Premiership forever. There are so many factors, cash flow issues, uncertainties of crowds, no season tickets and no shirts on sale. TM is never going to reveal his hand and the cards he holds. All managers in our league will have to earn their corn by wheeling and dealing. Money buys are not going to be standard procedure whereas loans and freebies are. Even the big 3 who come down will be hamstrung by finance issues.

i am pretty certain Rovers will have their plans I do think it will take time to execute those plans.

Nothing you've just written is an answer to what I wrote.To state that you now know your budget is not to state your hand nor reveal the cards held.

Contrary to what you assert, most managers have had to earn their corn by wheeling and dealing. Loans cost money, too.  If the league gets their way, loans will disappear from the game. Freebies have always been a part of the game.

We're one of only 3 teams in the top two divisions not to have sold any season tickets. Why trumpet our way as the way of the future? For the second season running our shirts will not be available for fans to purchase before the season begins. Neither decision strikes me as a proper way to run a business.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do agree with Paul Mani's post 

I would want an experience keeper as number 1 with Pears as number 2. 

I did scroll past it cos for the reasons you already know

Ive seen those stats but other stats like Clean sheets and how many goals he concended last season at Boro

What you view on Kieran O'Hara another keeper we have been linked with? 

Wait a second, I said wait to see who we sign 1st. Thats all. Pestering Journalists is something plenty of Rovers fans do by asking questions of the 4 journalists/news reporters who cover Rovers including yourself in past times. So are you going to complain at them also? I also enjoying watching the Rovers chat transfer videos as I think they have good suggestions. 

You said I was being very judgemental and over the top which was totally unwarranted considering that I had put together a few thoughts, half of which you yourself agree with, and some bits from his performances, things like

Nothing about Pears that I put was in my opinion very judgemental and over the top. I tried to take both sides into account and indeed even said that I would prefer him over loaning in a kid because at least we could develop him as our permanent player.

I have not assumed that we are even signing him, I am just passing comment as I have with others we have been linked with.

If you are only prepared to comment once all business is done then this thread isnt for you and neither is taking any interest in rumours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Funny enough the Keeper Warnock has been linked is another 22 years keeper called Alex Bass from Portsmouth who has total appearances of 29 games. Yes 29 games. Hardly new battle hardened is he? 

here are link stories for Bass to Boro

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/crystal-palace-joined-middlesbrough-race-portsmouth-keeper-2928489

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-bids-middlesbrough-linked-keeper-18737546

I'll bet a pound to every penny you want to wager that Warnock ends up with a keeper that 95% of this MB would approve of versus whoever Mowbray brings in.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-pears-middlesbrough-transfers-18747156

Interview with someone from Teeside Live on Pears. Pretty much as expected. Young. Broke through. Has made mistakes especially on crosses. Might be willing to move for first team football. Raw talent but nowhere near the finished product.

Thanks for sharing the link roversfan99. 

The link says he is good at communicating. One massive fault of Walton for me. Also says he has been poor with crossing and high balls, but at least he has been working on his game cos he has a weakness there. God knows what Walton was doing during the lockdown cos he came back and performed shocking poor. 

Just now, Mercer said:

I'll bet a pound to every penny you want to wager that Warnock ends up with a keeper that 95% of this MB would approve of versus whoever Mowbray brings in.

You saved your money for your French Red wine collection Mercer. Wouldn't want to deprive you of them :lol:

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why non-starter? Or we don't want more than 1 million pounds for a player who is out of contract in less than 12 months

why would he stay at Boro if he isn't even going to be on the bench there? 

Its a non starter because we haven't paid a fee for a goalkeeper in a very long time. Pretty sure even Steele was a freebie as Boro were desperate to get shut.

I would be very, very surprised if we paid a fee for a keeper this summer.

We are back in Bauer territory. Remember when he was supposedly demanding £40k a week to join. That was a load of baloney as is the suggestion now that Charlton want more than £1 million for this Phillips lad. 

They're in League One, skint and potentially won't even be allowed to start the season unless they find a new owner. The player himself has just had one failed Championship season and only has 12 months to run. They are in no position to make excessive demands and that deal is there to be done for a club in urgent need for a new number 1.

Just like Marshall at Wigan. Vast experience, Wigan need rid, lives down the road, ticks pretty much every box needed, deal there to be done. But it won't because we want projects.

Its all window dressing. Like Karl Darlow and Joe Hart were last year.

This Middlesbrough lad is exactly the sort of signing we will make, presumably because he will be free and his wages will be low and can be absorbed by the savings made on Smallwood etc. without the need for Indian approval.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Nothing you've just written is an answer to what I wrote.To state that you now know your budget is not to state your hand nor reveal the cards held.

Contrary to what you assert, most managers have had to earn their corn by wheeling and dealing. Loans cost money, too.  If the league gets their way, loans will disappear from the game. Freebies have always been a part of the game.

We're one of only 3 teams in the top two divisions not to have sold any season tickets. Why trumpet our way as the way of the future? For the second season running our shirts will not be available for fans to purchase before the season begins. Neither decision strikes me as a proper way to run a business.

Richard, at no point did I question your post or views. In fact I probably agree with it, well most of it anyway. I wouldn’t expect TM to come out and publicly announce he knows his budget I think it’s a bit of an odd suggestion to suggest or expect him to. On the commercial side BrfC have always been incompetent even when we had the glory days of Premiership football. It is something that just cannot be gotten a grip of which is sad. The point about wheeling and dealing is even more of a relevance in this era due to cash flow issues and warnock aside, in the Championship there are a lot of managers who have little or no experience of the kind of dealing that will be required for this season and probably next season as well.

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Richard, at no point did I question your post or views. In fact I probably agree with it, well most of it anyway. I wouldn’t expect TM to come out and publicly announce he knows his budget I think it’s a bit of an odd suggestion to suggest or expect him to. On the commercial side BrfC have always been incompetent even when we had the glory days of Premiership football. It is something that just cannot be gotten a grip of which is sad. The point about wheeling and dealing is even more of a relevance in this era due to cash flow issues and warnock aside, in the Championship there are a lot of managers who have little or no experience of the kind of dealing that will be required for this season and probably next season as well.

What makes it an odd suggestion to expect a manager who has publicly stated he doesn't know what his budget is to publicly state that he does know his budget? Why, if you're a selling club, would you deal with a club that doesn't know its budget? It's a waste of your time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OssyLad said:

Jesus Christ reading through the comments anyone would think season starts tomorrow. Judge him when transfer window shuts ? don’t be so impatient ffs

Arent people just commenting on players as and when they are linked with us, as per the whole point of this thread?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

most of us are nervous about who or what he`ll bring in,tony has had a nightmare in the last three transfer windows,lets be honest about that

So league one he got us promoted, his second season we survived and then his 3rd season top half finish. Is that not progress?

• Like 5