BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Can just imagine the headlines now with a surname like PEAR !  

He communicates well and is the son of our managers pal ... If Warnock wants to get rid after watching him says it all really ..... Old Motor Mouth knows his Pears from his Apples .. he’s always had a strong Goalies.... 

23 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

So league one he got us promoted, his second season we survived and then his 3rd season top half finish. Is that not progress?

League 1 in which we should never have been. Mowbray brought in to save us. He had 15 games and failed, on goal difference to Forest. This season Forest missed out on the play offs on goal difference. Now that's progress, though Forest won't have regarded it as such, since they'd been in the playoff positions fora lot of the season.We're supposed to tout 11th, having been 10th as the season was halted. Mowbray decided to play a whole new scheme after the restart.He threw away a great chance to get us into the playoffs, something he'd declared to be the minimum requirement at the beginning of the season.

Judging Mowbray is something you resolutely do not do.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

So league one he got us promoted, his second season we survived and then his 3rd season top half finish. Is that not progress?

11 points 3 wins and 2 draws tremendous progress. Don’t forget Coyle in charge most of season also 

I think it’s a pretty simple scenario....

if we are looking to progress, all our signings have to supersede the players they are replacing! 

every signing has to improve us, it’s that simple. TM has to pull the rabbit out of the hat this summer because he simply can’t afford to replace Tosin, Graham and Walton! 

It’s a big issue with the Loan market, a player has a good season, goes back to his parent club and you are left looking for a permanent replacement that simply that simply doesn’t fit your budget! 

11 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Rasmus Falk looks some player .. Him & Wind look awesome players ... 

Suppose they don’t live anywhere near North East so no chance ...   Shame ... 

Falk and the keeper are pretty much guaranteeing big moves this summer with their performances tonight.

10 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Falk and the keeper are pretty much guaranteeing big moves this summer with their performances tonight.

Way, way out of our league.

IMO, if Iversen, Muric and Pears are our goalkeeping options then God help us.  Doubt Warnock would touch these with a sh1tty stick. Marshall at Wigan still seems to be the best option to me followed by the French lad we are said to have watched.

Let's be honest, the value lies in Europe, however, the evidence seems our new scouting set-up in Europe has turned up nothing.  You act decisively and make your moves whilst the rest still think about it.

IMO, shambolic planning for recruitment.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

League 1 in which we should never have been. Mowbray brought in to save us. He had 15 games and failed, on goal difference to Forest. This season Forest missed out on the play offs on goal difference. Now that's progress, though Forest won't have regarded it as such, since they'd been in the playoff positions fora lot of the season.We're supposed to tout 11th, having been 10th as the season was halted. Mowbray decided to play a whole new scheme after the restart.He threw away a great chance to get us into the playoffs, something he'd declared to be the minimum requirement at the beginning of the season.

Judging Mowbray is something you resolutely do not do.

Forest with the bigger budget than us? Come on lad, even if we got to the playoffs and ended up going up we’d of embarrassed ourselves in Prem. nowhere near good enough to be going up yet. 2 or 3 seasons yet atleast before we’ll even be challenging.

Look at Leeds and Sheff U how long did it take them to get out of league 1? Sunderland are struggling now as it is!! 

Wake up ?

Edited by OssyLad
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, if Iversen, Muric and Pears are our goalkeeping options then God help us.  Doubt Warnock would touch these with a sh1tty stick. Marshall at Wigan still seems to be the best option to me followed by the French lad we are said to have watched.

Let's be honest, the value lies in Europe, however, the evidence seems our new scouting set-up in Europe has turned up nothing.  You act decisively and make your moves whilst the rest still think about it.

Seems premature to be saying this before we’ve even signed a single player though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OssyLad said:

Forest with the bigger budget than us? Come on lad, even if we got to the playoffs and ended up going up we’d of embarrassed ourselves in Prem. nowhere near good enough to be going up yet. 2 or 3 seasons yet atleast before we’ll even be challenging.

Look at Leeds and Sheff U how long did it take them to get out of league 1? Sunderland are struggling now as it is!! 

Wake up ?

This isnt specifically anything to do with Mowbray but it is never too early to get promoted to the benefit of the club. And the quality towards the bottom of the Premier League means that with some calculated and wise spending, its not unfathomable to be competitive.

Also, the notion of it being 2 or 3 more seasons before we are challenging is totally flawed because it implies that the side sticks together and gradually improves. For various reasons that wont be possible and indeed it would be likely that the core of Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Dack and Armstrong will all be elsewhere in 3 seasons.

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Seems premature to be saying this before we’ve even signed a single player though. 

Really?

If you know what you are about then you have a plan and execute it.

Seems to me, we are still groping in the dark!

Think clueless would be a soft adjective.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

I think maybe the point is however that plugging the gaping holes in Summer 2019 with loan players is shambolic, because now we're back where we where then.

So really that is a shambolic long term recruitment plan.

Yes we await to see what happens this summer, but with the amount of money Walton, Tosin and Cunningham will have cost us on loan deals (not cheap), we may as well have signed a Phillips/Pears/Bass type last year instead... rather than spending a lot of money paying wages for a player who'll never belong to us permanently in three different positions.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

This isnt specifically anything to do with Mowbray but it is never too early to get promoted to the benefit of the club. And the quality towards the bottom of the Premier League means that with some calculated and wise spending, its not unfathomable to be competitive.

Also, the notion of it being 2 or 3 more seasons before we are challenging is totally flawed because it implies that the side sticks together and gradually improves. For various reasons that wont be possible and indeed it would be likely that the core of Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Dack and Armstrong will all be elsewhere in 3 seasons.

For the gullible!

Just now, JoeH said:

I think maybe the point is however that plugging the gaping holes in Summer 2019 with loan players is shambolic, because now we're back where we where then.

So really that is a shambolic long term recruitment plan.

Yes we await to see what happens this summer, but with the amount of money Walton, Tosin and Cunningham will have cost us on loan deals (not cheap), we may as well have signed a Phillips/Pears/Bass type last year instead... rather than spending a lot of money paying wages for a player who'll never belong to us permanently in three different positions.

You don’t know how much we paid. Plus I’m not arsed about owning players. I just want the best players we can afford.

Walton is split and more than likely was seen as poor. But we couldn’t have afforded to buy players of the quality of Tosin and Cunningham so I’m completely fine with those choices tbh.

2 hours ago, OssyLad said:

Jesus Christ reading through the comments anyone would think season starts tomorrow. Judge him when transfer window shuts ? don’t be so impatient ffs

Spot on OssyLad

46 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why are we obsess with Warnock? We see who Warnock gets. Maybe Paddy Kenny will come out of retirement now. 

What evidence Mercer? Same old attitude. Just wait and see. 

Yes you say act decisively but why you judge after the window shuts not now. 

27 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Exactly Paul. People panicking over the lack of signings when most clubs are in the same boat. 

50 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Wake up ?

Yes, Sunderland underline how just how important it was for us to come straight back up in automatic promotion. I'm aware that it took Leeds and Sheff Utd several seasons to get out of league 1. Sheff Utd got into the Premier league in two seasons.

There are a hundred million reasons to want to be in the premier league. Embarrassment hardly matters. The opportunity is there to strengthen the team.

Let's look at Mowbray's track record.His success stories. Dack and Armstrong. Smallwood for two seasons. Gallagher if not played out of position. He's brought Travis and JRC into the first team.Even if freebie Downing were to stay,it's not likely he'd be around in two to three years. There's no guarantee that Mowbray would be able to construct a promotion team that could stay in the premier league in 2-3 years.

I'm comparing finishes in the championship to illustrate progress, not who has more finance. One of the teams we played in that run of 15 games was  Wolves. Reports said we weren't even trying to win that match.Wolves now play in the premier league and tomorrow play in the Europa League quarter finals. An owner and a manager who both wanted to succeed. We have neither.

Edited by Richard Oakley
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So appeared to be trying to defend the position. well I didnt. I would pay 1 million pounds but I wouldn't want to be paying anyone than that for him. Move on to next target

I haven't have we should wait 12 months have I? another false claim by you.

Bloody hell chaddy calm down, no-one is accusing you of anything.

In your reply to JHRover you seemed to be suggesting contrary to his opinion that the reason we might not go in for Phillips was that we might CHOOSE not to pay in excess of a million for a player rather than us being simply unable to afford that.

You seemed content with that stance (if that's what the Club is doing) and also seemed quite content with the concept of the Boro lad coming in so before you clarified exactly where you stood it was unclear whether you were advocating the Boro lad as a number one choice.

I think you need to stop getting so aereated about subjective matters of opinion. For what it's worth I can't see any merit whatsoever in bringing the lad in as either a number one or number two. If Warnock doesn't  want him he's unlikely to be what we need as a first choice and if it was as a number two we already have three lads of a similar sort of age and I'd far rather they got the chance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Any other clubs you know that have no goalkeeper and one CB?

Huddersfield have no keepers. Rotherham have no 1st choice keeper. 

One CB? Lenihan, Williams and Wharton. Plus Carter and Maglorie who have 1st team league games under their belt. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

One CB? Lenihan, Williams and Wharton. Plus Carter and Maglorie who have 1st team league games under their belt. 

Thought it wouldn't be long before this started. 

Williams hasn't kicked a ball this year with injury unknown and isn't particularly good at the best of times. The other 3 have virtually no Championship experience and Mowbray has shown little serious desire to use any of them. Suspect he might be forced to though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bloody hell chaddy calm down, no-one is accusing you of anything.

In your reply to JHRover you seemed to be suggesting contrary to his opinion that the reason we might not go in for Phillips was that we might CHOOSE not to pay in excess of a million for a player rather than us being simply unable to afford that.

You seemed content with that stance (if that's what the Club is doing) and also seemed quite content with the concept of the Boro lad coming in so before you clarified exactly where you stood it was unclear whether you were advocating the Boro lad as a number one choice.

I think you need to stop getting so aereated about subjective matters of opinion. For what it's worth I can't see any merit whatsoever in bringing the lad in as either a number one or number two. If Warnock doesn't  want him he's unlikely to be what we need as a first choice and if it was as a number two we already have three lads of a similar sort of age and I'd far rather they got the chance. 

Fisher ain't good enough. Hilton needs a full season as 1st choice at league 2. Eastham can be number 3 for the coming season. 

If we don't think Philips is worth more than a million why pay more. If we only have x amount of money to spend why overpay for a player which could affect going for the centre back or left back we want.