BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Which one? John or Harry?

Lancs Live suggested Harry Souttar as a CB we might be interested in. Stoke player who spent last season on loan at Fleetwood. Article said Stoke manager wanted to use pre-season to see how far he'd developed.

At 21, he'd be straight into the u23s.

Edited by Richard Oakley
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Would this guy be an upgrade on Wharton? Or any of the academy lads that are on the fringes?

Potentially not but he does have a couple of international caps and he's young enough that we could potentially sell him on for profit. So, fit's the Venky's model in every way except he doesn't play in midfield or attack. However, it does say on Wikipedia that he has 4 goals in 2 apps for Australia so maybe Tony is going to play him out wide?

Edited by Ruaney
  • Like 3

Souttar is a real FM name!

I had a defence with him and his brother in during a Pompy save the once.

We have been linked with quite a few FM 'names' in the past few weeks, one wonders whether in the absence of a real European scouting network, Waggot has bought a copy of Football Manager and loaded the 'extended' database.

Of course, the FM names mentioned are all from FM17 and before, but it's to be expected we don't buy the brand new copy as we are skint................

Sorry Davul didnt mean to quote you there

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

People lie, even Mowbray, he's almost certainly towing the party line and will continue to as he knows that he is as high as he will get in the football pyramid.

They've also got the chap over here running things - is it Pasha? Means they're removed from having a vested day to day interest. Annual budgets are probably about as much as they contribute.

I'm very much anti-Mowbray but you cannot ignore Venkys role in our transfer business. 

The Mowbray and honesty comment was tongue in cheek really, of course I know he would.

Regarding Venkys, I am their biggest critic. But implying that they put specific demands on our manager spending money on attacking players just seems a little elaborated, and more invested and interested than they clearly are. Even if its via their stooge. Especially when defensive woes with Mowbray are a regular problem.

47 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Bid in for souttar apparently!

Not sure about that, if theres any truth in it. A 21 year old whose experience has come from a handful of games in Scotland and a season and a half in League 1. Also notably he is apparently very slow.

Think we need someone for the here and now.

• Like 2

Judging from the Stoke forums, he is 6 foot 5 and an Australian international. Few clamoring to have him start instead of Liam Lindsay (remember that name?) as the latter has been a shite signing for them. One poster claims he is very slow though.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The Mowbray and honesty comment was tongue in cheek really, of course I know he would.

Regarding Venkys, I am their biggest critic. But implying that they put specific demands on our manager spending money on attacking players just seems a little elaborated, and more invested and interested than they clearly are. Even if its via their stooge. Especially when defensive woes with Mowbray are a regular problem.

It's far fetched I agree, but nothing makes sense with these people. The fact that they're prepared to lose £m's per season for no palpable benefit whatsoever is, for my mind, enough to convince me that it's not that much of a leap to believe they have a puppet within Ewood calling the shots on transfers. 

Regardless the conclusion is the same; promotion under the current setup is highly unlikely, and without the cash injection that brings were pretty much fucked. 

• Backroom

Souttar is interesting, asked a mate of mine who supports Fleetwood, but follows Rovers on the side:

'6ft6, reasonable goal threat for a young defender, consistent experience at a higher level than Blackburn's academy lads.

Think a bit 'Chris Samba' in that he can be slow but once he's eventually accelerated he's fast. Can read the game well for his age, ready for a Championship run.'

Seems positive but begs the question why Stoke would sell.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

Souttar is interesting, asked a mate of mine who supports Fleetwood, but follows Rovers on the side:

'6ft6, reasonable goal threat for a young defender, consistent experience at a higher level than Blackburn's academy lads.

Think a bit 'Chris Samba' in that he can be slow but once he's eventually accelerated he's fast. Can read the game well for his age, ready for a Championship run.'

I can believe this one. Got all the necessary Venky requirements ticked - British, young, not good enough for a similar standard team in our league etc 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

He has 4 goals in 2 games for Australia.

I dont know, as a backup or bench player he sounds okay but I would much prefer an experienced Championship CB. We have enough 'projects' at the club for now. 

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He has 4 goals in 2 games for Australia.

I dont know, as a backup or bench player he sounds okay but I would much prefer an experienced Championship CB. We have enough 'projects' at the club for now. 

Against Chinese Taipei (7-1) and Nepal (5-0)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

But can he defend ?