BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Don't know enough about Souttar to have a reasoned opinion about whether or not we should go for him, but at 6"6 he has at least on advantage over the other young lads we have in that position. 

Not all guys 6' 6" tall can get off the ground. We've already got evidence of that playing up front.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Souttar is interesting, asked a mate of mine who supports Fleetwood, but follows Rovers on the side:

'6ft6, reasonable goal threat for a young defender, consistent experience at a higher level than Blackburn's academy lads.

Think a bit 'Chris Samba' in that he can be slow but once he's eventually accelerated he's fast. Can read the game well for his age, ready for a Championship run.'

Seems positive but begs the question why Stoke would sell.

Why would we sell O'Connell ? But we did.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Probably twice the size of most of the players in either team lol

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/match-preview-caltex-socceroos-v-chinese-taipei  Video of the Nepal match (Think TM might be interested in the Nepal keeper :) )

V Taiwan oops mean Chinese Taipei (sorry CCP)  https://www.socceroos.com.au/video/chinese-taipei-v-australia-match-highlights-2022-world-cup-qualifiers

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not all guys 6' 6" tall can get off the ground. We've already got evidence of that playing up front.

In fact the opposite can occur. Exhibit A: Scott Dann.

Am sure someone said we need a ball playing centre back who is fast. Sounds the opposite of this guy so will be interesting to see how spun if we sign him. 

He sounds a bit limited really - if not good enough for Stoke why are we looking at him? With other managers I would have more confidence that he is a hidden gem/diamond in the rough but hard to see that with TM. 

Mind you the whole thing is fanciful as it involves spending money on a defender which never happens. 

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Am sure someone said we need a ball playing centre back who is fast. Sounds the opposite of this guy so will be interesting to see how spun if we sign him. 

He sounds a bit limited really - if not good enough for Stoke why are we looking at him? With other managers I would have more confidence that he is a hidden gem/diamond in the rough but hard to see that with TM. 

Mind you the whole thing is fanciful as it involves spending money on a defender which never happens. 

Eh? Stoke were PL far more recently than us and have plenty of talented players.  

I will name 7 off the top of my head that would make our starting 11, 3 of whom are center halves ; Butland, Baath, Vokes, Afobe, Indi, Allen, Chester

EDIT- Looking at their team now, I could actually keep naming players, but I won't 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

20 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

On the video by Rovers Chat they discuss Harry Souttar and his ability including passing.

https://twitter.com/andywatsonsport/status/1293904803156828162?s=19

Stats below from Rovers chat show on Souttar

Screenshot_20200813-150840_YouTube.jpg

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, Jlee1984 said:

Got a few transfers right this past week or 2, one to keep an eye on 

Screenshot_20200813-122746_Twitter.jpg

No. This account isn’t “one to keep an eye on”. It’s one to block.

Three weeks ago they claimed Coventry were close to signing Lewis Travis, a player who’d cost more than it would for someone to buy their entire football club.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Souttar is interesting, asked a mate of mine who supports Fleetwood, but follows Rovers on the side:

'6ft6, reasonable goal threat for a young defender, consistent experience at a higher level than Blackburn's academy lads.

Think a bit 'Chris Samba' in that he can be slow but once he's eventually accelerated he's fast. Can read the game well for his age, ready for a Championship run.'

Seems positive but begs the question why Stoke would sell.

Stoke have 6 centre defenders already. Chester, Batth, Shawcross, Lindsay, Collins, Martins indi. 

So maybe Harry Souttar wants to leave to regular 1st team football at Championship club

If Stoke have 6 centre backs already yet conceded 5 more goals and are happy to let Souttar leave, and at 21 years old, is he going to be of the calibre and experience to be able to get us into the play offs? Not a question I can answer but seems a little bit of a jump.

That being said, its come from a really dodgy source so guessing that there is no truth in it.

• Like 5