BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This the Sheffield Wednesday who we are supposed to be using as an example of how not to operate these days yet are doing decent business as we speak.

I find it amazing that we are not raiding Wigan for a couple of their assets. They are desperate for cash and to reduce wages. 

100%. They would barely have to move house. It seems so logical. 

• Like 1

Two weeks before the season starts , Mowbray will bleat , ' many offers in for players but, wage demands to high'

Two days before season starts Rovers sell Armstrong and or Lenihan ...

Two hours before transfer window closes , Walton resigns on loan and a reserve Centre Half from Middlesbrough also signs on loan...

That's all folks !!!!!

18 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Agree with you on the text I've highlighted. I'm curious why you don't expect Wharton to come in and start. He knows the club. he knows Lenihan. He knows the standard he has to reach and he thinks he has.

I think its a big ask for him to come into our side as a first team regular at his age and after experience 2 leagues down and plug a problem position replacing a player who had a positive impact.

We need to bring in someone to fill the void that Adarabioyo left externally, someone who we can be confident can come straight in and really make a difference.

Wharton by all means can be part of the squad and hopefully if he can show himself as up to it at this level, it would be a huge bonus as even if we get a good quality CB, the chances of him and Lenihan playing 46 games are unlikely and we lack depth there.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-transfer-harry-souttar-4423158

Stoke want to loan out Souttar anyway it seems, which certainly isnt remotely appealing, although it is second hand info from Alan Nixon so expect either a permanent move somewhere this week or for him to be made Stoke captain!

52 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

LT reporting other day that Keith Curle said Rovers rate Wharton highly. 

if mowbray rated him that much why has he spent the last 3 seasons elsewhere,the way we do business these days,it`s likely northampton will buy him for peanuts,get the very best out of him and sell him for big money,the alternative of course is mowbray tells the press that scott is going nowhere,then starts him at full back where he`s shown up badly,tony then says he`s not ready for the division and he`s never picked again,i can`t think of any young player that has progressed under mowbray,bar travis and he only got started because tony was short on numbers for a few weeks,if injuries and suspensions had`nt kicked in travis would still be banished to  the u23`s after his red card debacle at portsmouth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

This the Sheffield Wednesday who we are supposed to be using as an example of how not to operate these days yet are doing decent business as we speak.

I find it amazing that we are not raiding Wigan for a couple of their assets. They are desperate for cash and to reduce wages. 

Yup, a good keeper and CB there as well as a LB (though he is courted by all and sundry such as AC Milan). Promise to help them in out in return by loaning them some of our kids such as Wharton ans Hilton.

5 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

@Sparks Rover is Ben Whiteman about to sign? Apparently Doncaster posted a tweet saying Ben Whiteman departs for Blackburn Rovers and then quickly took it down. 

Probably not true, but thought I'd ask. 

Screenshot_20200813-213134.png

Since nobody on Twitter is talking about that deleted tweet, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a photoshop from Facebook.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Two weeks before the season starts , Mowbray will bleat , ' many offers in for players but, wage demands to high'

Two days before season starts Rovers sell Armstrong and or Lenihan ...

Two hours before transfer window closes , Walton resigns on loan and a reserve Centre Half from Middlesbrough also signs on loan...

That's all folks !!!!!

If we sign Walton or Joe Hart at any point and in the unlikely event I've purchased a season ticket by then, it's going back!

(Not that we'll have got round to formulating any sort of ST package by then but the point still stands)

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I appreciate his motive of wanting to play football.

My question is, he is a player with minimal first team experience, well out of the picture (at the moment) at a club that conceded more than we did, one has only played in League 1 and briefly in Scotland, who is only 21, is he going to come in for Adarabioyo and make a significant difference in getting that goals against column down? Which is what we need.

You presumably have seen him play more than me, I did see him make a mistake in the play offs, so maybe he is a ready made and unknown gem ready to step up, but forgive my scepticism.

All being said, the rumour has come from a terrible source therefore there isnt any truth in it.

I have seen a few games of his. 

I think your are right to be scepticism when he can come right in and be 1st team regular. Would prefer him and someone like Clarke on loan from Brighton. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think of all of the names mentioned, its the likes of Van Der Hoorn, Ayala, Kipre, Balogun, Dunkley and maybe at a push Chester (the latter 3 have already gone elsewhere) that are what we need. Players we know that could come into the side now and there wouldnt be a doubt that they can perform. 4 of them are/were frees and the other 2 will be sold cut price, they are off the top of my head. Get a Souttar aswell if budget allows after fixing all positions by all means. 

Do you know what Ayala or Van Der Hoorn wages were before leaving their clubs this summer? 

How much would Kipre cost? 

1 minute ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

@Sparks Rover is Ben Whiteman about to sign? Apparently Doncaster posted a tweet saying Ben Whiteman departs for Blackburn Rovers and then quickly took it down. 

Probably not true, but thought I'd ask. 

Screenshot_20200813-213134.png

was that from the official Doncaster Rovers twitter page? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I have seen a few games of his. 

I think your are right to be scepticism when he can come right in and be 1st team regular. Would prefer him and someone like Clarke on loan from Brighton. 

Do you know what Ayala or Van Der Hoorn wages were before leaving their clubs this summer? 

was that from the official Doncaster Rovers twitter page? 

Apparently so. Just something I heard about. Probably not real. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

It really is silly season if people have the time and the motivation to find old articles about League 1 midfielders and modify the picture to make out as if we are signing them. 

Never understood the reason behind people doing stuff like that or setting up fake twitter accounts and posting transfer "news"

Might try it and see what the kick is all about.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A salary site I look at had Ayala on 25kpw and Hoorn on 15kpw. Kipre might be secured for a million, but that's just speculation. He's the same age as Wharton, whom I really want to start this year at CB for Blackburn Rovers.

7 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

A salary site I look at had Ayala on 25kpw and Hoorn on 15kpw. Kipre might be secured for a million, but that's just speculation. He's the same age as Wharton, whom I really want to start this year at CB for Blackburn Rovers.

Why? What warrants Wharton starting immediately from next season? If we'd signed someone who wasn't one of our youth players from a League Two team to be a starter I imagine there'd be uproar... He's shown nothing to suggest he is capable at this level

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Why? What warrants Wharton starting immediately from next season? If we'd signed someone who wasn't one of our youth players from a League Two team to be a starter I imagine there'd be uproar... He's shown nothing to suggest he is capable at this level

not sure how you know he`s not capable,unless your a regular at northampton