BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Agreed. But I think this constantly perpetuated notion that we don't have a budget is silly, we have the same budget we had last season pre-cash injection, and if that cash injection still doesn't come, there's still funds to play with. I agree than not all three of those positions can be filled with permanent deals if the budget is purely based off money created from players we let go in July, but I don't think Mowbray intends to find permanent answers to all three positions anyway.

Had Mowbray had any sort of budget, he'd have used it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Smallwood, 10k?
Leutwiler, 5k?
Hart, 5k?
Samuel, 7.5k?
Graham, 15k?

These are probably conservative guesses but those wages alone being gone is over £2.2m taken off the bill. Take Mulgrew off if we manage to get shift of him we're talking nearer to £3m off the wage bill from last year. Surely we can manage a goalkeeper and a centre-back from a £3m budget? Surely we can afford Dillon Phillips at £800,000 to £1,500,000?

Venkys never say no to a cheque so nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Come off it J*B who is reading that apart from perhaps when they join?

If someone asks a question of a mod mid thread, surely you just answer without start quoting obscure site regs? 

Anyway, it’s your baby, feel free to respond to constructive feedback as you please, but just remember it’s the likes of Bruce that actually ARE brfcs.com

Edited by Mattyblue

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If someone asks a question of a mod mid thread, surely you just answer without start quoting obscure site regs? 

Anyway, it’s your baby, feel free to respond to constructive feedback as you please, but just remember it’s the likes of Bruce that actually ARE brfcs.com

To be fair mate, I’ve regularly seen K-Hod ask people to report stuff via the button.

It’s rare I do because I think the forums should mod themselves to an extent.

It’s funny you say that posters are a big part of the site. I’ve said it many times. We are the bulk of the content creators - good or bad - but we are only part of “brfcs.com / forums”. The site has other content and site hits do include other parts of the site.

Anywho, you can tell what time if the year it is just by the way the conversation goes from football to transfer (hope) to frustrations! Seems to be happening a lot more under Mowbray.

• Like 2

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As much as I appreciate the feedback as a Mod, you are pretty much asking us to double our workload as volunteers and members.

It'd be nice to have the time, but of the mods I know one (probably all, in reality during this pandemic) is swamped at work, one recently had a house move, and I'm prepping my house for a new Rover on top of working overtime (recently worked 20 days out of a 22-day stretch).

Reporting posts helps us, and we can just click our response to them rather than go looking for them. There are times when Mods can only be members for the sake of our lives away from here.

Hiding a series of posts CAN take up to 30 mins due to post collateral, and messaging the members involved. That's 30mins I could be painting the ceiling in Baby E's room so that Mrs E gets off my back.

Edited by Mike E

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

To be fair mate, I’ve regularly seen K-Hod ask people to report stuff via the button.

It’s rare I do because I think the forums should mod themselves to an extent.

It’s funny you say that posters are a big part of the site. I’ve said it many times. We are the bulk of the content creators - good or bad - but we are only part of “brfcs.com / forums”. The site has other content and site hits do include other parts of the site.

Anywho, you can tell what time if the year it is just by the way the conversation goes from football to transfer (hope) to frustrations! Seems to be happening a lot more under Mowbray.

The transfer thread always brings out the worst in people, that’s just how it always seems to be on here. 
Reporting posts notifies all the mods directly, so it’s a good system. It beats replying to someone being a whopper, which then takes the thread off topic and ends up being a full on row about what one person has said, instead of the subject matter before we know it. This is frustrating for everyone and we want to reduce the frustration everyone experiences. It shouldn’t annoy anyone to come on here, it should be something we all enjoy. With the amount of time I spend on here personally, you’d think it was my favourite hobby!

Ultimately, the take away from this should be- if something needs to be reported, report it and just keep scrolling....

Maybe it’s just the way I’ve imagined the site works, I.e a mod can spot a row and cleans up accordingly. I didn’t realise that the hidden posts are usually down to a report, I’ve never reported a post in all my time here, nobody likes a grass!

Not knocking the likes of you K-HoD, you do a good job, I just thought it was a patronising way to talk to a poster like Bruce.

Anyway back to ‘transfers’.

52 minutes ago, J*B said:

It depends entirely on FFP. Let’s say for argument sake we have saved 3m from the yearly budget — I say ‘yearly’ because a wage budget and a transfer budget doesn’t exist in football, they’re amalgamated into the same thing. If Dillon Phillips is available at 800K, that would be split at 200K/year based on a 4 year deal. Add wages of 12K a week (guessing), plus a 10% signing on fee at 80K, plus pension and NI, that would bring the yearly cost in at 1M quid. We could really bring three players in this year based on those figures. If the LB/CB plan is going to cost more than the Phillips deal we need to make a decision on who’s most important. 

The keeper, build from the back now.  He's tried building from the front and it hasn't worked out how it should yet but that's 2 pronged. Wrong players for what he's trying to do but undermined by still being weak at the back. A lot of the defensive howlers have actually been ironed out even if it's not perfect. However that's spoiled by having keepers who pull complete clangers out of nowhere.

Time to concentrate on the back over the next 2 or 3 windows if there is any money get it 'invested' there. He'll carry on trying mix and match at the front whoever he signs because that's what he does. The back needs to be settled in front of a solid keeper.

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Maybe it’s just the way I’ve imagined the site works, I.e a mod can spot a row and cleans up accordingly. I didn’t realise that the hidden posts are usually down to a report, I’ve never reported a post in all my time here, nobody likes a grass!

Not knocking the likes of you K-HoD, you do a good job, I just thought it was a patronising way to talk to a poster like Bruce.

Anyway back to ‘transfers’.

I think i have a clean slate on reporting as well, live and let live i prefer to scroll past or respond in kind.

Live by the sword, die by it, a shame some don't have the minerals for that.  Reporting posts that aren't racist, homophobic etc is pathetic really.

Also i wish we had a manager who was more cavalier !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stinny1 said:

Big Tony still on hoilday back in on Monday his secretary  back in today. From what ive  been told  no players will be sold unless its a silly offer . keeper to come in next week and than a couple of defenders and a utility  midfielder before  start of season . This is what ive been told from a friend who's well in  down ewood . He's  been right before but i don't  post stuff  on here because  it gets silly. But us fans need a bit of hope so i thought why not fingers crossed

Sounds perfectly acceptable to me as long as the keeper is decent and at least one of the defenders has a bit of quality suitable to decent championship level.

George Friend off to Birmingham on a free transfer.

I'm so glad we've been sensible and stuck to FFP rules. Never mind we've no defence or keeper and aren't doing any business at least we haven't ended up like Derby or Birmingham in dire straits after breaking the rules.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, geedog13 said:

No bid for phillips made by rovers 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18652352.no-rovers-bid-charlton-goalkeeper-dillon-phillips/

Interesting, city loan it is then! 

Don't know much about those 2 lads (City lad and Boro one) but based off comments on here, it would be disappointing.

Edited by davulsukur

Just now, JHRover said:

George Friend off to Birmingham on a free transfer.

I'm so glad we've been sensible and stuck to FFP rules. Never mind we've no defence or keeper and aren't doing any business at least we haven't ended up like Derby or Birmingham in dire straits after breaking the rules.

Typical he was one player from the north east that I was hoping we might be after, a very solid and experienced player at this level in a position we need to strengthen. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

No bid for phillips made by rovers 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18652352.no-rovers-bid-charlton-goalkeeper-dillon-phillips/

Interesting, city loan it is then! 

Disgraceful how the Telegraph are implying that the market for a goalkeeper is a congested one suggesting that loads of clubs are after these players.

We've had a head start on everyone knowing both Walton and Leutwiler were away months ago.

Everyone else has at least one senior keeper on their books, none in as urgent need as we are.

Predictably the focus is on young inexperienced loans. Essentially ring City or Liverpool up and ask them to do us a favour and send someone here for next to nothing and avoid the commitment to a contract.

Never get promoted with such an approach.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Everyone else has at least one senior keeper on their books, none in as urgent need as we are.

Swansea, Birmingham, Rotherham dont. 

Rovers, Swansea, Birmingham, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Derby all looking for number 1 keeper at least. None have sign one so far

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Swansea have the young German lad who was on loan at Swindon last season and got rave reviews. Rotherham have Price who has 150 career league appearances. Which leaves us in the same boat a Birmingham, is that really who you want to be on the same level as? 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

The bit of transfer news that we do know is supposedly happening which has gone quiet is Downings contract. It would be crazy if he signed but missed any of pre season due to any dithering.

It will be interesting to see how many if any of our signings are made from abroad to justify this "European scouting network."

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers, Swansea, Birmingham, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Derby all looking for number 1 keeper at least. None have sign one so far

So all those clubs have no senior keepers? We haven't known since January that we needed two?

It never ceases to amaze me the distance some will go to make excuses for Rovers failings.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 6

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Swansea have the young German lad who was on loan at Swindon last season and got rave reviews. Rotherham have Price who have 150 career league appearances. Which leaves us in the same boat a Birmingham, is that really who you want to be on the same level as? 

Agreed.

How long is it, since the famous Blackburn Rovers have had a proper, commanding, reliable keeper?

In the old days, it was an expectation and rightly so.

.So much so, that we can easily remember short interludes, when there was a goalkeeping deficit.

For nearly a decade, the goalkeeping deficit has been the norm.

FOV (just saying!)

• Like 2