BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

messi not ready for the championship,not matured physically and ,he needs to learn how to play the midfield role from corry evans,he does a good job at left back though,will also struggle trying to fit in with such a tight knit squad,tony does`nt want a potential bad apple steering the side to the play offs?

This is gold.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Liam Lindsay linked....be interested to know where the LT got this one from. Don’t usually hang their hats on players like this...

Sharpe, in fairness, doesn't break many stories, but when Rovers aren't interested in someone he tends dismiss it quite quickly. Likewise, when he sticks his neck on the line like this the transfer normally happens - or at least there is genuine interest. For all the criticism he gets he obviously has someone giving him the nod from inside the club. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18652741.rovers-turn-stoke-defender-solve-defensive-issues/

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

All I need to know about him is that Neil Warnock made him his first signing this summer. That tells me he is either decent or a decent manager can rely on him.

Warnock is a far superior manager to Mowbray and I fully expect Hall to be a regular in a team pushing for the top 6. 

I despise Warnock as a person the only manager with less redeeming qualities is Keen! 

• Like 1

I’d personally be happy with Lindsay. I know he hasn’t had a great season at stoke but he was really highly rated at Barnsley, and the fact that’s he left footed does offer some defensive balance. He also wouldn’t be the only quality player to struggle at stoke so wouldn’t read to much into that. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sharpe, in fairness, doesn't break many stories, but when Rovers aren't interested in someone he tends dismiss it quite quickly. Likewise, when he sticks his neck on the line like this the transfer normally happens - or at least there is genuine interest. For all the criticism he gets he obviously has someone giving him the nod from inside the club. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18652741.rovers-turn-stoke-defender-solve-defensive-issues/

That was my thought exactly...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I just can't see the Lindsay link unless it's a loan.  We aren't paying £2 mil and he's likely to be on more at Stoke than our defenders.  

If this has legs, think you'll find there's a deal with Evans going the other way involved.

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

If this has legs, think you'll find there's a deal with Evans going the other way involved.

Could live with that tbh.

Hypothetically, a swap deal between the 2 would strengthen the defence whilst removing an injury prone player - possibly also opening the door for Ben Whiteman in CM - as no fee used on a cb.

That I'd take in a heart beat.  Although it's way to imaginative/clever for our club. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I just can't see the Lindsay link unless it's a loan.  We aren't paying £2 mil and he's likely to be on more at Stoke than our defenders.  

Stoke might want rid. They have a massive squad there. O'Neill has said squad is too big last season. Plus he just made 3 free signings so will need to sell players

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Possibly, but we'd miss Evans a lot more than people realise unless we get someone else in. Johnson is shite and Buckley isn't really a holding M/F. 

I would say Johnson is unmotivated rather than shite. When he first arrived he looked impressive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Possibly, but Johnson had a reputation at Derby as being the best player on the pitch once every 5 games and a waste of space in the other 4. 

He’s also refused to move from Derby which says everything you need to know. It’ll be another season of him being decent every 1 in 5 games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Possibly, but Johnson had a reputation at Derby as being the best player on the pitch once every 5 games and a waste of space in the other 4. 

To me that is inconsistency, not shite. That is something else a good manager may be able to affect.

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

With regards to Lindsey, if we get him I reckon we might end up loaning him with an obligation to buy. Like we did with BB.

I don't see the point of that when you are obligated to buy the player anyway. The reason it happened with Brereton was that there wasn't enough time to do a permanent deal on deadline day.