BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's a solid defensive partnership. Offers nothing going forward though. 

We collect a very healthy level of points with those 2. Plus we concede plenty of goals so the more protection and stability that we can give back there, the better. Its the same when we play 2 "attacking" full backs who not only provide very little creativity but leave big holes.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not going keep over the same points every day about the type of player Mowbray wants cos you don't accept that what we want. So no point debate with yourself if you wont accept this.  

I Haven't endorsed any player firstly. I just giving my opinion on players we being linked. Something you seem to think is endorsing them. 

Funny enough you mention I was very dismissive when people said that they'd have liked Lindsay here cos I was one of those supporters who wanted him here. So another false claim of yours Roversfan99. Here is the link to my comment saying I would like Lindsay here, https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33765-summer-transfer-window-2019/&do=findComment&comment=1930632

on the European Scouting Network, we have been linked to players from Europe. I'm sure we will sign players from this in the summer but the time to judge is after the transfer window is close and not in week 4 of transfer window. Plus you also need to factor the coronavirus and Quarantine rules in place in the UK could be a problem at the minute. 

who is Lawrence

But after the window had closed, you was quick to mock those who had suggested that Stoke had done some good business.

Lindsay didnt impress for Stoke, I had a quick look and their fans dont seem too fond of him. 

If our European scouting network can not find anything better than a player we were linked with last year and who has struggled to perform at Championship level, currently 5th or 6th choice at a team who conceder more goals and finished lower than us. Surely you understand the scepticism?

It would be impossible to muster up any enthusiasm if we loaned him too. That being said, it seems we havent even bid for him.

That being said, we need more than just a couple of new signings back there, especially when any CB is unlikely to be as good as Adarabioyo. We need to become more well organised and solid as a team. As I said above, having 2 attacking full backs is no use when we are conceding so many goals and especially as we rarely if ever have goals created from those areas.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Stoke must have the biggest squad in the Championship, they just stockpile players (usually ones we speak of on here!)

Speaking of Lindsay "not being rated etc"... im sure fans of Bournemouth and Brentford could have said similarly with Josh King (barely played - even when fit) and David Raya (slated by too many + dropped for Leutwiler).

Imagine what other fans would say if they signed Nyambe who regularly plays 2nd fiddle to Bennett who may be the worst RB in the league. Yet we know the truth.

Lindsay (loan - option) and Cunningham (loan - free transfer) would theoretically upgrade our back four considerably.

Broadly agree with that, but equally if you're stockpiling 6 or 7 central defenders, you start to ask why this is the lad they've chosen to get rid of.

The examples you mention are all fair and there are countless others; O'Connell and Judge not getting a fair chance here, Rudy & Conway arriving for peanuts etc. I'd definitely still take him but being frozen out of Stoke's team does worry me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Broadly agree with that, but equally if you're stockpiling 6 or 7 central defenders, you start to ask why this is the lad they've chosen to get rid of.

The examples you mention are all fair and there are countless others; O'Connell and Judge not getting a fair chance here, Rudy & Conway arriving for peanuts etc. I'd definitely still take him but being frozen out of Stoke's team does worry me.

We'd have to pay a fee for Lindsay. There's better available on a free - gut feeling. League 1 is Lindsay's level.

Edited by Richard Oakley

40 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Stoke fans don't rate Lindsay. Our fans, in the main, rate Nyambe, King and Raya. Stoke want to sell, not loan.Loans cost money, too. Cunningham would need to be available on a free,which I don't see as likely.

Cunningham is a massive upgrade on bell and Williams. We should definitely be looking at this one imo.

Just now, tugayislegend said:

Cunningham is a massive upgrade on bell and Williams. We should definitely be looking at this one imo.

Agree with you, if he's available on a free. That's one simple phone call or email to find out. Could we afford to pay him 20k a week? Does he represent an upgrade on JRC playing there as temporary cover?

2 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Lindsay would cost too much, if Stoke want back what they paid for him. I'd go for Phillips as our No 1, raid Wigan for Marshall, Robinson and Kipre. I'd go for Joe Williams, too, but I doubt the budget would be there for that. Heck, even thinking we'd have a budget is a bit of a stretch, right now. Nabi Sarr, too, is available on a free, if we wanted to bring 2 CBs in.

We should be raiding wigan, they are selling club and have some decent players

• Like 1

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Agree with you, if he's available on a free. That's one simple phone call or email to find out. Could we afford to pay him 20k a week? Does he represent an upgrade on JRC playing there as temporary cover?

I reckon Upto million for Cunningham would represent good value for money

• Like 2

Just had a quick look and it seems that the common consensus was that Pinnock was very much the asset in his partnership with Lindsay and indeed Lindsay has made numerous mistakes for Stoke hence falling down the pecking order. Also a slow defender so wouldnt suit us playing a higher line.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/liam-lindsay.284603/

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1186727088373583873?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1186727088373583873|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1186727088373583873

A mistake he made last season.

1 minute ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Kamy on the latest podcast is convinced the noises coming out of Pune financial wise is......we must first sell to buy.

Yeah that's what they told Lambert. He sold and couldn't re-invest. Football league should be doing to Venkys what they did to Cellino and tell them to get out of English football.

I just don't get why there'd be any surprise or shock at sell to buy if we want anything over a few hundred grand.

The covid hole needs plugging as does the continuing zero income so if they aren't selling to cover that lets consider it a bonus for now.

Never likely to be much spare for signings. One ray of light is Mowbray has done some of his best business when the constraints are on. When there's been big transfer money and the budget was increased to Championship level from league 1 looked what happened. Extra contracts for the whole squad virtually and the license to keep carrying other rubbish he was fond of. Then of course Brereton.

Take that away from him and he'll have to pull his finger out.

28 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Kamy on the latest podcast is convinced the noises coming out of Pune financial wise is......we must first sell to buy.

All conjecture at the moment. We've heard people say there's an alright budget and people say there's nothing and we can't make a single signing.

Too many people wanting to be seen to be 'in the know'. Just take it with a pinch of salt until either we make some signings or we start the season with Mowbray mucking in at centre half. Then react.

Edited by Theaxe15
  • Like 5

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Are you qualified to say it is ridiculous?

I would say pretty much everybody who posts here would be. What you seemed to be saying was that because the owners required the club to sell players before buying any the EFL could make up a reason for "throwing the owners out " (which begs the questions of what happens when they demand repayment of the debt owed to them and who succeeds them)

34 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

In his shoes, as a Blackburn Rovers fan, I'd still go to West Brom, Sheffield It's or Fulham.

Okay. that's your choice. As a player you face the prospect of another relegation or being converted from the position you're so good at.To my mind there are factors that don't make the choice so clear cut.

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I would say pretty much everybody who posts here would be. What you seemed to be saying was that because the owners required the club to sell players before buying any the EFL could make up a reason for "throwing the owners out " (which begs the questions of what happens when they demand repayment of the debt owed to them and who succeeds them)

I see. Then that that would be a 'no'

The EFL were determined to remove Cellino and did so.

Edited by Richard Oakley