BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

I see. Then that that would be a 'no'

The EFL were determined to remover Cellino and did so.

Cellino had criminal convictions and was facing more serious charges so that the EFL could hold that he failed the owners' test; in contrast Venkys are holding back on putting in the money to buy a new goalkeeper. I think most of us will be able to appreciate the distinction.

I repeat my original question : what grounds are there for throwing Venkys out of football ?

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Cellino had criminal convictions and was facing more serious charges so that the EFL could hold that he failed the owners' test; in contrast Venkys are holding back on putting in the money to buy a new goalkeeper. I think most of us will be able to appreciate the distinction.

I repeat my original question : what grounds are there for throwing Venkys out of football ?

First you're making a link that I have not.

Second are you qualified to discuss grounds?

Edited by Richard Oakley

My opinion of the links with Stoke are, that it is all conjecture.

A journalist will have heard of a connection but doesn't know what.

The link is made with Michael O'Neil and Corry Evans, but nothing develops. 

Rovers need a centre back, Harry Souter is available so this is the next name.

Due to Stokes bloated squad they are getting rid of players so Liam Lyndsay's name crops up. Even though they want their £2 million back and Rovers don't have any cash.

I am surprised  that Rovers haven't been linked with Adam Davies, the goalkeeper. He went to Stoke and hasn't had any game time due to Jack Butland not being sold.

All guesswork.....In my opinion.

1 hour ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Kamy on the latest podcast is convinced the noises coming out of Pune financial wise is......we must first sell to buy.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/news-cm/venky-s-india-standalone-net-profit-declines-24-03-in-the-june-2020-quarter-120081300528_1.html

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I may be old fashioned here Joe but I'd like some wingers to be where the wingers would normally be. It seemed to work Ok when we'd Ripley and Wilcox or Duff and Gillespie or even Emerton and Pedersen out there.

I... agree? I’m saying what something actually is, not what I want that something to be.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Just had a quick look and it seems that the common consensus was that Pinnock was very much the asset in his partnership with Lindsay and indeed Lindsay has made numerous mistakes for Stoke hence falling down the pecking order. Also a slow defender so wouldnt suit us playing a higher line.

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/liam-lindsay.284603/

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1186727088373583873?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1186727088373583873|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1186727088373583873

A mistake he made last season.

Mm, that's what you can get with lots of left footed players, the right foot is just for standing on. In my book that's a right footed clearance down field and you need to go for it like you mean it. He wasn't exactly quick at sensing the danger either. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, that's what you can get with lots of left footed players, the right foot is just for standing on. In my book that's a right footed clearance down field and you need to go for it like you mean it.

It is a strange situation we are in because our first choice CB is right footed and the 2 back up options with senior experience are Wharton and Williams. If we was to get another left footer then it would potentially add balance alongside Lenihan but it would mean that should he get injured as he often does, we need to play 2 left footers which Mowbray doesnt like.

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Aren't we funded by the personal wealth of the Rao family rather than company funds? Aren't they billionaires?

If so why does a temporary decline in company performance result in an inability to make funds available for Rovers?

The Raos income comes from their business.
BRFC & VLL (Rovers immediate parent) are part of the Venky’s group. 

5637A2FC-A13A-435E-B2DB-388103ACD298.jpeg

Common consensus from what ive seen is that Pinnock was very much the better player in that partnership.

If we do anything about this supposed interest, I hope it is at least a permanent deal and we try and make a partnership with Lenihan. And play full backs both so high up leaving him isolated. Although I think we will need a right footed CB either way.

Soo we need 2 goalies and a centre half to even function next season.  We should go for someone experienced and a younger back up and then a defender who can defend.  Basic stuff but Big Tone will no doubt bring in a couple of strikers who can play wide before thinking about the defence.  

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Aren't we funded by the personal wealth of the Rao family rather than company funds? Aren't they billionaires?

If so why does a temporary decline in company performance result in an inability to make funds available for Rovers?

Always looked to me like the VH group pays the bills out of it's monthly turnover that's why i'm convinced it helps with their tax bill or something.

Also been told by a few on here better placed that there have been whats looked like personal funds injected once or twice.

Personally my hunch is the parent company guarantees the running costs and occasionally person funds might be injected to buy the odd 'investment' type player. That's why there aren't many of them and they have to fit certain critera so the 'investors' have a chance of getting it back with a cherry on top.

Hardly the ideal market to sell players so if they are thinking of doing so, they are going to lose out a lot on their investment. Clubs in this division are not going to be splashing the cash as before due to the current climate.  In fact, a few shrewd signings and we could be in a position to take advantage over clubs that do have to tighten up or sell. Hold tight with your supposed billions Venkies and you never know, we might just cause an upset. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In the 7 games that he was here and played, we picked up 13 points and only conceded 7 goals. I thought aside from a mistake at West Brom, he was excellent.

Agreed. We looked a completely different prospect in defence with him there rather than Bell. Would have him back in a heartbeat

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I seem to be in the minority, but I didn't thng that much of Cunningham when he was here. If the bar is 'are they better then Bell and Del' then it's a pretty low standard.

he`s a proper left back,superior to bell,who is in a league above his ability and williams,who is not very good wherever you put him,however im`e not sure about signing him for this season,30 years old and now with added dodgy knee,i`de be examing other options tbh

• Like 3