BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I heard a story earlier in the season that he went from being all matey with the players to being quite disciplined and the players didn't like it. Stories about suddenly announcing an extra training session in the afternoon after the morning session. I know you're all thinking that an extra training session shouldn't be an issue for players on the wages they are on, but they still have families, childcare, school collections to consider etc.

I am friends with Jacob Murphy and he said when he was at Coventry with Mowbray, and they started to slip away from the Playoffs, Mowbray completely stopped talking to the players during training. When things were going well he was everyone's best mate but when they went on a really bad, Rovers style run he had no time for the lads. 

• Like 4

Just now, neophox said:

Think Rovers are after an better goalkeeper than those linked. A nr one and Fisher will get a chance as nr 2 this season. 

Any news Sparks? 

I think you're right about Fisher. As long as the new number one is of a high standard I am cool with that. Phillips or Vorm for me. Has Etheridge gone to Birmingham? 

Re: getting a gk as soon as you realize you need one:

We saw what happens last year when you get a loaner gk at the 11th hour, almost as an afterthought. Not pretty. It’s just not proper planning, or looking to the future. It’s just a patchwork job, that must be continually fixed or replaced. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Some rumblings Iv heard although the main one being we are very tight with money and nothing is remotely close

lindsay deal looking complicated- starting to look at alternatives. Elliot Moore and bailey wright mentioned- neither close.

goalkeepers- looking at the freebs foreign market but issues getting them over to look at- fancy mitryushkin but nowhere near front of the queue 

other freebs - timo letschert. We raided the Hamburg cast offs last season, probably nothing

mowbray wants an experienced striker to replace graham as he knows current mob are inexperienced- wants to talk to chris Martin to see if wages could be Negotiated. Too high currently.

rudy gestede has also been put in front of mowbray but seems unlikely 

believe Cunningham will end up back here. 
a few loans will also be coming from the usual sources- big clubs youngsters 

might just be one keeper coming with fisher promoted to back up 

Bailey Wright went to Sunderland a week or two ago.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/10-free-agents-canaries-could-target-this-summer-1-6780794

3 of the players you mention are on this list. On a list of suggestions for Norwich. Plus one or two others that may be of interest.

We shouldnt look at strikers until we have fixed the defence and goalkeeping area. With money no doubt tight and it not being a priority.

No doubt we will end up with a kid on loan in net.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Some rumblings Iv heard although the main one being we are very tight with money and nothing is remotely close

lindsay deal looking complicated- starting to look at alternatives. Elliot Moore and bailey wright mentioned- neither close.

goalkeepers- looking at the freebs foreign market but issues getting them over to look at- fancy mitryushkin but nowhere near front of the queue 

other freebs - timo letschert. We raided the Hamburg cast offs last season, probably nothing

mowbray wants an experienced striker to replace graham as he knows current mob are inexperienced- wants to talk to chris Martin to see if wages could be Negotiated. Too high currently.

Thanks for sharing, I mentioned Chris Martin as a possibility  a couple of weeks ago, I thought Mowbray might want a Graham alternative.

Overall, pretty depressing reading, as most of us suspected it sounds like we're completely brassic which will be particularly bad news on the keeper front if we have to make do and mend once again.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Letschert and Mitryushkin. Pinch me I'm dreaming.

Not interested in a Rudy return I'm afraid, although would prefer him to Chris Martin.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If Monaco are looking at that keeper, he can't be terrible surely? 

6 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Cheers pal! Glad to see you back :)

There's a few good names there, it is nice to hear us sniffing around some good players as opposed to the cast offs from everywhere else. Not sure if I fancy Bailey Wright though. I was excited about Lindsay because I think he's a good player, and did well when he was the main man at Barnsley. His career at Stoke may be just one of them wrong places wrong times kind of thing - they are a pretty toxic club at the moment.

Cunningham and Chris Martin would be welcome additions. 

• Like 2

@Dreams of 1995 You're too easily excited. Of the names of defenders on @Bbrovers2288's list - none of the above. Of the goalkeepers Timo Letschert looks worth a punt. Forwards, aren't a priority, but I would would prefer Rudy over Martin. 

The offer to Downing needs to be withdrawn. On all the players mentioned, the key thing that is missing is focus.

4 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@Dreams of 1995 You're too easily excited. Of the names of defenders on @Bbrovers2288's list - none of the above. Of the goalkeepers Timo Letschert looks worth a punt. Forwards, aren't a priority, but I would would prefer Rudy over Martin. 

The offer to Downing needs to be withdrawn. On all the players mentioned, the key thing that is missing is focus.

I hope not, seeing as Timo Letschert is a centre half. Probably still better than Walton though.

• Like 7