BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, islander200 said:

Rudy is only any good with crosses flying into the box, we don't play with any natural width, his hold up and link up play are very very poor.

Martin has way more intelligence,of the 2 Martin for me all day long altho preferably neither

He wasn't the sort of player to chase lost causes out on the pitch even when he was fully fit. I don't think he's probably got more in the tank than coming on for the last 1/2hr these days a la Danny Graham.

Just now, islander200 said:

Rudy is only any good with crosses flying into the box, we don't play with any natural width, his hold up and link up play are very very poor.

Martin has way more intelligence,of the 2 Martin for me all day long altho preferably neither

You've nailed that one.We all hope Armstrong is not on his way anywhere

Edited by Richard Oakley

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I guess it all depends on whether you class Bennett as a right-back, because really we only have one right-back and cover may be needed in the future.

I think given where we are in terms of finances and where we need to strengthen, a back up RB could wait until next season. We could do worse than Bennett as back up at RB, but I agree that he needs to be replaced in the squad. I doubt Liverpool would loan Williams as cover and he wouldn't be ours beyond this season anyway. 

Edited by RoverKyle

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why don't you ask Klopp who has taken Liverpool away or the multiple other Championship managers who have all done it? 

As ever, we're falling short.

and plenty of clubs haven't done it this short pre season. 

Also we have friendlies fixtures starting this Saturday so why have pre season training camp when we have the facilities at Brockhall needed and you said that we won a opening fixtures for a number of years, so maybe staying at Brockhall and training there might lead to opening day win

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I just randomly  looked Liverpool up as well and guess where they are....... Austria, where chaddy says you can't go now! He'd better get on to Kloppy and tell him we're right and they're wrong!

There must be a reason why Clubs have always used pre season training camps, it must be judged good for morale and we've all heard the old saying "a change is as good as a rest"

In the general scheme of things this doesn't even register on the scale of our list of problems but it's just indicative of the general feeling coming out of Ewood that there's nothing going on and we're closed for business.

So because Liverpool do it we should do it? really? 

Just imagine if Austria went on quarantine list this week and Liverpool players had to self isolated for 14 days? 

11 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I think you're right about Fisher. As long as the new number one is of a high standard I am cool with that. Phillips or Vorm for me. Has Etheridge gone to Birmingham? 

Can Birmingham afford Etheridge's wages?

9 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Some rumblings Iv heard although the main one being we are very tight with money and nothing is remotely close

lindsay deal looking complicated- starting to look at alternatives. Elliot Moore and bailey wright mentioned- neither close.

goalkeepers- looking at the freebs foreign market but issues getting them over to look at- fancy mitryushkin but nowhere near front of the queue 

other freebs - timo letschert. We raided the Hamburg cast offs last season, probably nothing

mowbray wants an experienced striker to replace graham as he knows current mob are inexperienced- wants to talk to chris Martin to see if wages could be Negotiated. Too high currently.

rudy gestede has also been put in front of mowbray but seems unlikely 

believe Cunningham will end up back here. 
a few loans will also be coming from the usual sources- big clubs youngsters 

might just be one keeper coming with fisher promoted to back up 

Thanks for sharing your info. 

Lindsay would be good signing for us. as would Cunningham would be good signing

Elliott Moore from Oxford United?

I have no idea how good Mitryushkin is. 

24 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I thought he operated on the left? If he's right sided then yes maybe leave that one. 

He's predominately right back but has covered for robertson at left back but that's more an insight into their lack of options. He looked considerably poorer on the left than on the right so probably wouldnt be tempted to take him at lb and there's no value in disrupting nyambe. 

Edited by RoverDom

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ridiculously aggressive post.

I'm not particularly impressed by that list of names either and you must also have missed the bit where the original poster said "nothing remotely close".

Would you think there were a "few even better names" on there if we had reported interest in Messi and Pope? It wouldn't mean they were any nearer to being over the line either.

The only thing I disagree with Richard Oakley on is that if we absolutely have to sign a striker I wouldn't go near Rudy with a barge pole due to his glass knees. His attitude isn't the best at times either.

The key thing for me is that money has to be spent bringing in the right keeper in on a permanent deal. I fear another Walton type disaster if we bring in another loanee or scrape the barrel with a permanent deal.

We can make do with loans and freebies elsewhere and personally I'd tell Mowbray he has to wee with the willy he's got on the striking front if no-one else leaves.

I don't even think I need to answer that question. Obviously I'd rather have Fisher in goal than the Pope.

Look, you might see it as ridiculously aggressive, but to the less snowflakey amongst us it was just a bit of a laugh. Oakley didn't take offence. No one has by the looks of it. 

I made a post that thanked the guy for the information, said there were a good few names and how it was nice to be seen to be sniffing around a better standard of player. What was wrong with that? Must every post be met with the exact same type of reaction?

I didn't even make comment on whether or not we'd sign them. Chill yo' beans.

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I guess it all depends on whether you class Bennett as a right-back, because really we only have one right-back and cover may be needed in the future.

I barely even class him as a footballer, never mind a right back!

• Like 9

I think it's best to take any links on here with an enormous pinch of salt. Too easy to pluck players names from thin air and then claim we didn't get it done if it doesn't happen, not that the link was just made up. 

Whats the betting our first signing is someone who hasn't been mentioned on here? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

He's predominately right back but has covered for robertson at left back but that's more an insight into their lack of options. He looked considerably poorer on the left than on the right so probably wouldnt be tempted to take him at lb and there's no value in disrupting nyambe. 

I see they've just signed the Greek lad to cover for Robertson.

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think it's best to take any links on here with an enormous pinch of salt. Too easy to pluck players names from thin air and then claim we didn't get it done if it doesn't happen, not that the link was just made up. 

Whats the betting our first signing is someone who hasn't been mentioned on here? 

Will that be before we get to 250 pages or 300 ?

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So because Liverpool do it we should do it? really? 

Just imagine if Austria went on quarantine list this week and Liverpool players had to self isolated for 14 days? 

Give over chaddy, please don't try and make out Klopp doesn't know what he is doing because it's different to what we're doing.

I assume they've researched the pros and cons of going to Austria thoroughly and found any risk of a potential quarantine is negligible.

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Non of the names seem better than what we have but all this will suit old Tone, go with what we have and a few nice cheap lads for back up.

Personally i'm seething we've ended up facing probably what might be the toughest time to sign anybody, even if you have a budget, with having no senior keepers.  As others have said they've known that would be the case for a full 12 months regardless of lockdown etc and we've only had short term back up even longer.

I'd sack the guy tomorrow IF i could get in a viable alternative, he's absolutely winging it, coasting it to be more frank.

Shite management no matter how some might try and sugar coat it.  Brentford or Sheff Utd we'll never be with this regime even if they stay for 10 years getting 5 million every window. 

Spot on.

Another thing that bugs me about our so called transfer "policy" is that there seems to be no element of planning whatsoever.

Most Clubs decide on the players they like, ascertain whether the fee and wage demands are within their budget, and go out and get them.

We seem to go in for players without establishing their likely demands then get surprised when they're more than we thought and then hang around all window hoping those demands will be reduced.

A large part of our business also seems to depend on Premier League Clubs making young players available for loan at the last minute. There's no way you can absolutely guarantee this, nor that players will be made available in the positions you want.

Like you say "winging it".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

So he is. I was trying to have a bit of fun. Kind of needed a ? to make the point.

@Dreams of 1995 Yep, you've got the reasons down pat.We all want something substantive out of Ewood Park on transfers I thought you'd rather be called excited than desperate. I can't see an affordable deal that would bring Cunningham back here.The only name I can get somewhat excited about is the possible return of Rudy.Not only would both Martin and Rudy expect more than we can probably afford to pay them, they'd also expect to start.

@Bigdoggsteel A 12 goal a season striker would go a long way to solving our goal scoring problem ?

I don’t think we have that much of a goal scoring problem. Our problem is keeping them out at the other end.

30 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Thanks for providing the link to Timo.

Are you endorsing these players?

why do I need to endorse any players? 

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Give over chaddy, please don't try and make out Klopp doesn't know what he is doing because it's different to what we're doing.

I assume they've researched the pros and cons of going to Austria thoroughly and found any risk of a potential quarantine is negligible.

wow. I'm sure plenty of footballers did they research on going on holiday to overseas until the Quarantine rules came in countries like Spain and France. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

why do I need to endorse any players? 

wow. I'm sure plenty of footballers did they research on going on holiday to overseas until the Quarantine rules came in countries like Spain and France. 

The thing is people are now more worried about having to go into quarantine, than actually catching the virus.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You're just being argumentative for the sake of it now. There's no comparison whatsoever between Countries with large Cities which also attract holidaymakers in massive numbers and Austria.

My last word on the subject as it's not the end of the world whether we go to a  pre season camp either way. I just thought it was bizarre how you were so keen to leap to praise the Club for NOTgoing on one!

29 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Simmer down BDS.

All of a sudden piping up.

Season 18/19 he scored 2 goals in 30 apps. 

So yes I stand by my point. 

Ah ,you just pick the season where he scored the least. When you looked at his career history, I'm sure you saw the seasons where he scored more, many more. 

So ya, wind ya neck in and admit when you're wrong

"He doesn't score goals" ya, except when he does. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel