BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Firing people who are on fixed term contracts does not cut costs because the club will have to pay up what is due to them until the end of that term.

I think it's clear you have little experience in company reconstructions and negotiations.

There are ways and means............................................!!!

Please can we stop going on about FFP as though this is the issue here.

It isn't.

The issue here is a manager or club that saw fit to splurge what money we had on unnecessary signings that haven't delivered whilst repeatedly failing to address key areas.

The issue here is clueless, disinterested owners who aren't fit to run a professional football club yet because they keep the lights on we are supposed to be grateful.

All the FFP talk does is play right into their hands and provides a ready made excuse. There is no excuse for the situation we are in. 

FFP is almost certain to be frozen for the foreseeable. How can clubs comply with no income for 6 months?

FFP does not prevent the signings of defenders and a goalkeeper.

Our wage bill has already been slashed this summer to start with. 

The blame lies first in India for inadequate ownership and then with the manager and his cronyism for failing to do the bare minimum on recruitment in 3 years.

The clock is ticking. I'm frankly disgusted by it all and it is panning out exactly as I predicted last summer when certain people were hailing loans as a brilliant way of doing business.

• Like 9

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Did @arbitro say who the £10m bid was for? 

I didn't mate. In light of what Kamy said though I think it adds some credence to the story and cost cutting. My belief is that he will go and Mowbray will get a proportion of that to replace him. The rest will be 'hidden'.

Just now, arbitro said:

I didn't mate. In light of what Kamy said though I think it adds some credence to the story and cost cutting. My belief is that he will go and Mowbray will get a proportion of that to replace him. The rest will be 'hidden'.

Also the fact that Dack was going to be sold to WBA. Anyway the suspense is killing me!! It's Dack isn't it?!

What a feckin desperate mess I think we are in.

Bottom line.  We are here in this position because IMO, we have a very poor CEO and football manager who both must take full responsibility, particularly for the £millions, IMO, squandered on transfer fees and wages and senseless contracts.

As I posted earlier today, I think the picture is far darker than the one Kamy painted. 

• Like 6

Just now, Mercer said:

Bottom line.  We are here in this position because IMO, we have a very poor CEO and football manager who both must take full responsibility, particularly for the £millions, IMO, squandered on transfer fees and wages and senseless contracts.

As I posted earlier today, I think the picture is far darker than the one Kamy painted. 

I think it's a very dark time for a lot of clubs, especially if they can't get fans back soon. What's your prediction for this summer? I'll be amazed if we don't sell a big asset from the playing staff. 

Just now, Mercer said:

It will be far darker, as Kamy's contact will have given him as rosey picture as possible so as not to scare supporters.

The reality is they have said they can put their normal £5m-10m into the club this season and you need to fund the remaining £15-20m yourself through player sales and reduced spending.

It seems Venky's have a 2 season attention span and then the taps get turned off. Although the last time the taps were turned off for Bowyer, we were break even for the season and a £4m injection for the relegation season. So I am probably being very optimistic by saying they are injecting £5-10m in this season.

Just now, Jlee1984 said:

If what is being said is true then so be it, still feel we will be strong enough to keep ourselves in the division, yes it will be a nothing season competitive wise, But we could end up with a few youngsters in the shop window which we need to move forward

We are imo one player not adequately replaced in a number of positions away from being in real trouble imo. 

Lenihen goes leaving a back line of Nayambe, Mulgrew Williams and Bell - three of whom aren't good enough. That's a relegation quality defence. 

Travis goes we have a centre mid of Johnson and Evans (assuming both fit!) That's a relegation worthy centre mid. 

Armstrong goes leaving the strikers as Bereton and Gally - won't break double figures between them and is relegation quality strike force. 

IF we have to sell someone imo it is Dack. Between Holtby and Buckley we have some quality and numbers to replace him. For the rest if they go the team looks weaker than that relegated. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray's had quite a bit of money to spend compared to every other manager since Kean. The onus is on him to wheel and deal in the way clubs like Brentford do. He's had a relatively easy ride so far in terms of who he's had to sell and who he's been able to bring in. 

Oh for the days of Ken Furphy, people in and out on a regular basis, and the squad better for it.

Charlie Bell in and out in a matter of days and made a profit.

Different days now players and agents rule the roost, due to weak management.

The over generous  long term contracts offered to Mulgrew, Smallwood, Bennett etc have cost the club when now we can least afford them.

• Like 3

Just now, Blue blood said:

We are imo one player not adequately replaced in a number of positions away from being in real trouble imo. 

Lenihen goes leaving a back line of Nayambe, Mulgrew Williams and Bell - three of whom aren't good enough. That's a relegation quality defence. 

Travis goes we have a centre mid of Johnson and Evans (assuming both fit!) That's a relegation worthy centre mid. 

Armstrong goes leaving the strikers as Bereton and Gally - won't break double figures between them and is relegation quality strike force. 

IF we have to sell someone imo it is Dack. Between Holtby and Buckley we have some quality and numbers to replace him. For the rest if they go the team looks weaker than that relegated. 

I can't see anybody buying Dack until they've seen him play a few games. If they do it'll be a bit down now and the rest after so many games.

Just now, blondie said:

Oh for the days of Ken Furphy, people in and out on a regular basis, and the squad better for it.

The over generous  long term contracts offered to Mulgrew, Smallwood, Bennett etc have cost the club when now we can least afford them.

It's the deals for the likes of Gladwin and Hart that had me scratching my head.

• Like 3

Just now, blondie said:

Bobby Bell. What a good deal that was.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The issue here is a manager or club that saw fit to splurge what money we had on unnecessary signings that haven't delivered whilst repeatedly failing to address key areas.

Mowbray gets such an easy ride for the profligate spending on Gallagher and Brereton. Then again, when you consider the club's reaction when one local journo dared to criticize Gallagher it's not surprising. Two baffling signings. One was a known quantity, as he already played here and did very little, and another was a massive punt for an unproven youngster. Premier League clubs can get away with gambles like Brereton but for £7m Rovers needed a player who could hit the ground running. Even if there is a player in there somewhere, I think Mowbray's man-management has left a lot to be desired and it's too late to save him from the £7m curse.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't see anybody buying Dack until they've seen him play a few games. If they do it'll be a bit down now and the rest after so many games.

I fear you are right. Nevertheless I think if someone needs to be sacrificed for a decent fee it would be him. From a squad pov I think it makes most sense. Like you say though there are problems with this. 

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's the deals for the likes of Gladwin and Hart that had me scratching my head.

It honestly feels like Mowbray can't detach himself from certain ideas no matter the results.

In his head Gallagher is the best right winger since sliced bread and Elliot Bennett is the second coming of Christ. He doesnt have any faith in academy products, see Raya and Nyambe and consistently harms their progression. Yet he has faith in his own youth purchases despite the fact that he is consistently poor at buying players, albeit two successes. And despite his cut throat attitude to certain players he rewards underperforming players with contract extensions.

His record in the transfer market is the only reason you would need to sack him. But it doesnt stop there. He has finicially jepordised the club. Rovers do not get to spend 12 million on two strikers every year, more like a once per decade move. Not only did he waste the 12 million he has now sufficiently damaged the finances that we are struggling to attract anyone.  And with the Venky clowns and that tosser Waggott behind him we truly are a leaderless club.

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 8

• Moderation Lead
40 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You say this every year, so I suspect you’ll be right eventually......

• Like 3