BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mani said:

..Mowbray has openly talked during his tenure about having surplus money that he’s not spent...

Yeah, well, he doesn't help himself with crap like that when there has been glaringly obvious holes in the team that need plugged for years now.

Yes, of course don't waste money on inferior players, desperate buys just for the sake of it. That would wash for 1 window, maybe 2.

We're getting to 4 and 5 now. If the money is there, then spend it on a stunningly woeful defence....with zero strength in depth.

Where might we be if that had been done. 

• Like 6

Just now, JHRover said:

Making enquiries. Not quite the same as signing players or spending money. 

I can make enquiries about a million pound apartment. Ask the seller if he'd consider a knock down deal if he is desperate to get rid. Doesn't mean anything if the answer is no or I can't afford it. 

It is infinitely plausible under these owners that Mowbray is making enquiries as to prices and demands hoping something can be sorted out whilst still waiting for approval from India. It also wouldn't be the first occasion that he has wasted time on a wild goose chase (Assombalonga, Darlow, the other Newcastle lad)

All conjecture. Stick with the point. People still banging on about ‘the budget’ a weird Rovers thing. Even when Sharpe and others are openly saying we’re making offers to and for players.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Paying the bills is literally the most basic responsiblity Venky's have as owners (and in 2015 we were suddenly taking out emergency loans, so as for always paying the bills...) - owners that don't pay the bills are very soon not club owners anymore. 

• Like 4

Just now, Silas said:

Yeah, well, he doesn't help himself with crap like that when there has been glaringly obvious holes in the team that need plugged for years now.

Yes, of course don't waste money on inferior players, desperate buys just for the sake of it. That would wash for 1 window, maybe 2.

We're getting to 4 and 5 now. If the money is there, then spend it on a stunningly woeful defence....with zero strength in depth.

Where might we be if that had been done. 

I agree it’s weird. Maybe that’s why they trust him though? Because he’s sent cash back before at the end of Windows?

All conjecture. Stick with the point. People still banging on about ‘the budget’ a weird Rovers thing. Even when Sharpe and others are openly saying we’re making offers to and for players.

But what are these offers? The club give their player to us on a free transfer and we pay the player £500 a week. Whatever the offers are the fact is that it has been nearly a year since we signed a player shows that the offers are obviously not good enough. Which suggests either funds are very tight or we have some very poor negotiators. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Paying the bills is literally the most basic responsiblity Venky's have as owners (and in 2015 we were suddenly taking out emergency loans, so as for always paying the bills...) - owners that don't pay the bills are very soon not club owners anymore. 

That’s it though....weirdly they don’t just pay the bills. They’ve given the manager money to spend and invested in the Cat A academy...why bother? Why not just pay the basics and keep the lights on? I don’t know the answers btw 

Grow up. You should be able to see past your anger and hatred. No rovers fan in the world confines what they’ve done. But they have paid every single bill...

I don't need lessons in maturity for someone who uses "Boring" and "Whatever" as retorts.    

Yes, you're awfully fond of reminding us that Venky's pay the bills. In fact, they've spent a lot of money to transform us into a mediocre Championship club, undoing all of the good work from Uncle Jack and his custodians. Blackburn Rovers is not a club that many of its supporters identify with anymore. And we should be grateful for that because Venky's are doing the bare minimum of any owner?

• Like 7

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

But what are these offers? The club give their player to us on a free transfer and we pay the player £500 a week. Whatever the offers are the fact is that it has been nearly a year since we signed a player shows that the offers are obviously not good enough. Which suggests either funds are very tight or we have some very poor negotiators. 

Everything in me points to the latter! The more you look at it the more you think this lot cannot negotiate to save their lives! The extended contracts to Mulgrew and Smallwood are scandalous. Must’ve been paying Downing a few quid last season too but now we won’t pay £14k a week for Iversen? Nyambe into his last year now? 

• Backroom

That’s it though....weirdly they don’t just pay the bills. They’ve given the manager money to spend and invested in the Cat A academy...why bother? Why not just pay the basics and keep the lights on? I don’t know the answers btw 

I don't know either, but I don't think they deserve praise for simply paying the bills. That is the responsiblity they took on when they bought the club - and a lot of the money they have been forced to pay out has been due to their own rank bad management of the club. 

• Like 5

It’s a weird set up. Always has been...I don’t know how much autonomy Mowbray has but bearing in mind they’ve backed him with roughly £15m in fees and not sold any of the Crown Jewels other than Raya and that was defo Mowbrays decision - I’d say he’s pretty well I’m there, wouldn’t you? 

First sentence nails it really!

Trying to apply any sort of logic is pretty futile. I’m guessing, but I think their interest, and level of direct involvement, comes in peaks and troughs.

No doubt Mowbray has a lot of credit in the bank with them. He’s been far and away their most successful appointment. The backing seems inconsistent though. I bang on about it all the time, but fees, particularly significant ones, do only seem to be Made available for certain players. Everyone with anything resembling a semi functioning brain knows where we need to strengthen this summer... but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we took the usual borrow, make do and mend approach to the back line and chucked a few million on a striker.

• Like 3

Just now, Amo said:

I don't need lessons in maturity for someone who uses "Boring" and "Whatever" as retorts.    

Yes, you're awfully fond of reminding us that Venky's pay the bills. In fact, they've spent a lot of money to transform us into a mediocre Championship club, undoing all of the good work from Uncle Jack and his custodians. Blackburn Rovers is not a club that many of its supporters identify with anymore. And we should be grateful for that because Venky's are doing the bare minimum of any owner?

Who said we should be grateful? Have I ever said that, once? The FACT is that they do pay the bills and some (the money they spend is far from the bare minimum)...I don’t know what you’re struggling to understand by that.

As I said, leave your hatred of them to one side and look at the whole host of clubs going under whilst V’s just plough another £20m in! It’s weird, it’s odd...it doesn’t mean I like them but I’m intelligent enough to notice that it happens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I agree. My comment was debunking the notion the cash would still have been there had he not spent it. Of course he could have spent it better, my view at the start of last season was those two signings working out or not would determine our season, which they did - 25 goals from them and we’d have been in the playoffs for sure. But with Dack and Armstrong having worked out in spades, the idea that any decent manager can get four signings in a row right is hardly born out by history. Hughes did it for us then signed nothing but duds for years after. 

It's irrelevant whether the cash would still have been here now or not, no-one could have predicted Covid a year ago and the money WAS given to him, and if you're being very charitable, it could have been spent better.

I'd also disagree you'd be asking him to make four great signings in a row, arguably they're his ONLY two permanent signings and the rest have been duds and Armstrong was 2 years ago now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well would he play under Mowbray? Probably not

Nyambe going forward isn't going enough going forward. You want your full back provide assists each season? 

His crossing is woeful and final ball not good enough. Alot of work to do for us plus in his final year of his contract

Runs the length of the pitch but no end product? 

You spread straight propaganda on Nyambe...for such a "superfan" i guess youve never noticed that when allowed he has skinned many a lb only to see his crosses unanswered in the box.....but jeep spouting the company line...

• Like 8

Who said we should be grateful? Have I ever said that, once? The FACT is that they do pay the bills and some (the money they spend is far from the bare minimum)...I don’t know what you’re struggling to understand by that.

As I said, leave your hatred of them to one side and look at the whole host of clubs going under whilst V’s just plough another £20m in! It’s weird, it’s odd...it doesn’t mean I like them but I’m intelligent enough to notice that it happens. 

You don't need to flat out state your gratitude for the Venky's. It's implicit every time you make excuses for them.

• Like 6

Football clubs cost a lot of money they learned that quickly and they should have bailed out quickly. At least 100 million of that 200 million has been thrown directly down the tubes so no sympathy whatsoever. They create the mess they pay for it and it isn't morals or principle or being generous it's just arrogance "we can afford it so we'll do it".

They get off on it and presumably get some enjoyment out of it whilst their finance whizzes have found a nice niche for the oversees loss maker within their group of companies.

Lets not pretend it's anything other than it is and it's still a great vehicle for those in the middle who've got their feet firmly under the table to take advantage of. 

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

t's irrelevant whether the cash would still have been here now or not, no-one could have predicted Covid a year ago and the money WAS given to him, and if you're being very charitable, it could have been spent better.

In reality its hard to think how the money could have been spent worse. In our poor circumstances, an absolute disaster.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We have signed nobody - so the offers we are making are being turned down?

Why is that if Venky's never refuse to provide money when asked?

Venky’s continuing to put the money in makes perfect sense!

They run a conglomerate worth upwards of 2 billion. Part of that conglomerate, and that value is their £200 odd million shareholding in BRFC.

They liquidate Rovers tomorrow, that wipes £200 million plus off the value of VH group.

We need a £10 million signing, they move some money around, send it over to Rovers account, and in a month or two convert it to an extra 10 million shares. They lose nothing.

Obviously in real terms the club is not worth north of £200 million, but it has that value to them. This isn’t food off their plates, rollers out of their garages or the chains of Balaji’s neck. It’s certainly not altruism either. It’s common sense for billionaires.

That said, it can’t carry on indefinitely... and then being able to find an exit strategy that doesn’t cost them seems impossibly far away. God knows when, why or how breaking point will arrive.

• Like 5

Just now, tomphil said:

Football clubs cost a lot of money they learned that quickly and they should have bailed out quickly. At least 100 million of that 200 million has been thrown directly down the tubes so no sympathy whatsoever. They create the mess they pay for it and it isn't morals or principle or being generous it's just arrogance "we can afford it so we'll do it".

They get off on it and presumably get some enjoyment out of it whilst their finance whizzes have found a nice niche for the oversees loss maker within their group of companies.

Lets not pretend it's anything other than it is and it's still a great vehicle for those in the middle who've got their feet firmly under the table to take advantage of. 

Yes, yes, yes!! This is exactly how I feel. It’s just weird that they’ve kept the lights on AND given the manager money whilst not selling his assets! Which give the impression that they DO care, even though we know they don’t....

If you speak to anyone around The club they say the same...like last summer with Jonty and the investment in all that new kit...thousands of pounds...signed off, no problems. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

We have signed nobody - so the offers we are making are being turned down?

Why is that if Venky's never refuse to provide money when asked?

I don’t know. Maybe ffp worries. Cheston and Waggot the gatekeepers...even in the fans forum they eluded to unspent money and trying to prevent the owners from getting too excited with the money they were willing to invest..