BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Venky’s continuing to put the money in makes perfect sense!

They run a conglomerate worth upwards of 2 billion. Part of that conglomerate, and that value is their £200 odd million shareholding in BRFC.

They liquidate Rovers tomorrow, that wipes £200 million plus off the value of VH group.

We need a £10 million signing, they move some money around, send it over to Rovers account, and in a month or two convert it to an extra 10 million shares. They lose nothing.

Obviously in real terms the club is not worth north of £200 million, but it has that value to them. This isn’t food off their plates, rollers out of their garages or the chains of Balaji’s neck. It’s certainly not altruism either. It’s common sense for billionaires.

That said, it can’t carry on indefinitely... and then being able to find an exit strategy that doesn’t cost them seems impossibly far away. God knows when, why or how breaking point will arrive.

The Rovers has barely any value to them. 

Forget the near £200million cost of acquisition and operating losses.  A fair market value will have factored-in huge economic depreciation.

I've been involved with some big companies and the usual approach to under performing / loss making 'associate' companies is ruthless.

Edited by Mercer

The Westwood link fits with what I have heard that there is little money to spend, his transfer fee would be free/nominal and Rovers will be enquirying as to how much of the wages Sheff Weds would be willing to pay, if it is a reasonable amount then that would be considered a "value for money" signing and would likely be authorised, there have been signficant savings made on wages given the players we have released/not renewed.

The positive of this situation is that it will give some of the academy players a chance, this current crop of players in the under 18's/under 21's is one of the best bunch that I have seen in my time following the club, there are players that could make the jump to the first time, it is about getting the balance right as you need the right blend and to complement them you need good quality players proven at this particular level.

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Don't know full fixture list but just found out who we've got first day, a tough fixture.

Full list is out at 9am for anyone who still has any kind of excitement about the season!

Feckin hell.

Think Mowbray will be cr@pping it for all it's worth following his 'Barcelonaisation' of Donny in the mickey mouse something cup.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

The Rovers has barely any value to them. 

Forget the near £200million cost of acquisition and operating losses.  A fair market value will have factored-in huge economic depreciation.  

I've been involved with some big companies and the usual approach to under performing / loss making 'associate' companies is ruthless.

This is correct. If the Indian auditors are operating to the same standards as the UK Venky's interests in the club - whether in the form of equity or loans - should be included in their accounts at the lower of cost or  open market value. I would estimate a debt free Championship club like ours to be worth approx £35m so that rather than the £200m they've put in is what should now be the carrying value in their accounts.

4 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

The Westwood link fits with what I have heard that there is little money to spend, his transfer fee would be free/nominal and Rovers will be enquirying as to how much of the wages Sheff Weds would be willing to pay, if it is a reasonable amount then that would be considered a "value for money" signing and would likely be authorised, there have been signficant savings made on wages given the players we have released/not renewed.

The positive of this situation is that it will give some of the academy players a chance, this current crop of players in the under 18's/under 21's is one of the best bunch that I have seen in my time following the club, there are players that could make the jump to the first time, it is about getting the balance right as you need the right blend and to complement them you need good quality players proven at this particular level.

IMO, you also need a football manager who knows what the feck he's doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I feel perhaps too much is being put on this idea that Venkys haven't sold any assets since 2017 and that suggests that they care etc.

First off you need a serious bid before selling anyone. With the exception of the Lenihan Sheffield United interest in 2017 when they were a Championship club and not a wealthy one at that i don't recall any serious reports of interest in our players. The Dack stuff in the Sun/Mirror little more than space filler.

They obviously like and trust Mowbray so if he advises them to hold firm for now with the promise of bigger money down the line they are likely to go with that.

We sold Raya last summer which was an asset as soon as Brentford came calling. We are led to believe that it was because Mowbray was happy to be rid but financially that money effectively covered the payment on Gallagher. So maybe last summer there was no transfer cash without sales first?

Sky sports  reported we turned down bids from West Brom for Dack the January before last?

I think Venkys are crap owners but you can't tell me that we haven't had any enquiries or bids for our better players other than Lenihen and Raya in all the time Mowbray has been at the club?

And on Raya didn't he publicly state he had told the club he wanted to move on prior to his departure?

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Don't know full fixture list but just found out who we've got first day, a tough fixture.

Full list is out at 9am for anyone who still has any kind of excitement about the season!

Probably a good thing. We never win it anyway. Might as well get one of the big boys out the way

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Venky’s continuing to put the money in makes perfect sense!

They run a conglomerate worth upwards of 2 billion. Part of that conglomerate, and that value is their £200 odd million shareholding in BRFC.

They liquidate Rovers tomorrow, that wipes £200 million plus off the value of VH group.

We need a £10 million signing, they move some money around, send it over to Rovers account, and in a month or two convert it to an extra 10 million shares. They lose nothing.

Obviously in real terms the club is not worth north of £200 million, but it has that value to them. This isn’t food off their plates, rollers out of their garages or the chains of Balaji’s neck. It’s certainly not altruism either. It’s common sense for billionaires.

That said, it can’t carry on indefinitely... and then being able to find an exit strategy that doesn’t cost them seems impossibly far away. God knows when, why or how breaking point will arrive.

This needs pinning and re posting every time this debate pops up.  All i'll add to it is i presume to pacify their non family shareholders and bankers they say the same as they do to fans. The aim is the Prenier League which then reverses the trend and could wipe out that cost and add more value to the portfolio in terms of advertising etc.

Just paper talk but it's what you'd say to placate the accounts along with maybe saying the investment is also to create a club that produces regularly to sell players and that also reduces cost and adds value to the main group of companies. 

Whilst it's on the books then theoretically even if they don't do it in practice they could sell a player for big money and send it back the other way if it was really needed. That's all the bankers and shareholders need to know. As stated though it costs the family nowt out of their actual pockets.

That could change though.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Who said we should be grateful? Have I ever said that, once? The FACT is that they do pay the bills and some (the money they spend is far from the bare minimum)...I don’t know what you’re struggling to understand by that.

As I said, leave your hatred of them to one side and look at the whole host of clubs going under whilst V’s just plough another £20m in! It’s weird, it’s odd...it doesn’t mean I like them but I’m intelligent enough to notice that it happens. 

You were busy last night!

Let’s make this really simple: Venkys paying the bills isn’t enough.

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I feel perhaps too much is being put on this idea that Venkys haven't sold any assets since 2017 and that suggests that they care etc.

First off you need a serious bid before selling anyone. With the exception of the Lenihan Sheffield United interest in 2017 when they were a Championship club and not a wealthy one at that i don't recall any serious reports of interest in our players. The Dack stuff in the Sun/Mirror little more than space filler.

They obviously like and trust Mowbray so if he advises them to hold firm for now with the promise of bigger money down the line they are likely to go with that.

We sold Raya last summer which was an asset as soon as Brentford came calling. We are led to believe that it was because Mowbray was happy to be rid but financially that money effectively covered the payment on Gallagher. So maybe last summer there was no transfer cash without sales first?

We definitely turned a WBA bid of 12 mil down, that’s not from the Sun etc it was straight from the horses mouth, papers were saying more but it was 12 mil.

Just now, tomphil said:

Wonder who the Sky boys will obsess over in the CHampionship now they've given Leeds a help up ?

Derby probably, they fit what the Prem marketing boys require.

Derby or Forest. The Rooney factor probably swings it Derby's way. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

We take him on a free and expect SW to pay a percentage of his wages? On loan, fair enough but on a permanent move?

Have to laugh at “value for money signing”. I hope they include “not getting relegated” and “the opportunity of promotion” in that equation.

With this lot we could be perennially having these same discussions season after season with Venkys “paying the bills”.

We had better hope that we don’t get relegated any time soon because the new salary cap could be the nail in our coffin.