BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, JoeH said:

Simply put, the data shows that this is an incredible deal if Sharpe is right with a 6-figure offer. If this comes off I'd be mightily impressed. 10 Europa League games for Kaminski last year, as well as incredibly better stats than Christian Walton. His save percentage would put him in the top five keepers in our division, his passing is much better amongst other stats.

He's 6ft 3" tall, 27-years old.

121815468_ThomasKaminski.thumb.png.a5993001433827c58c30f5f3dba9ad45.png

If we sign him I hope you are proven right that he is an improvement but I would point out that his whoscored.com rating is inferior to Walton.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

I bet it is easier being in goal for Gent than it is Rovers though.

How many shots did they face per game? I'd imagine Walton got more at him, ergo more room for error

Kaminski faces an average of 2 Shots on Target per game, Walton 2.7. Save percentage is over 6% higher though.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

If we sign him I hope you are proven right that he is an improvement but I would point out that his whoscored.com rating is inferior to Walton.

Depends doesn't it. He's playing in a different league, the Europa League too, we all know what Walton was like, and stats aren't everything either. Be an interesting deal for sure. WhoScored is a poor source for him as they only collect data on his EL games, the Belgian league isn't tracked on that site. So his rating is based off of 8 games rather than Walton's 46. I've grabbed data from a few other sources for this reason.

Edited by JoeH

43 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Thanks for the link Craig man. 

500k seems cheap considering his experience and his stats from last season. 

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors

If you arrive in England from Andorra, The Bahamas or Belgium after 4am 8 August you will need to self-isolate.

So wouldnt be able to train until the week before the season.

Unless the FA waved the Quarantine rules like they have done with Liverpool when they coming back from Austria?

Do they have regular Coronavirus testing in Belgium for footballers? 

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Don't know full fixture list but just found out who we've got first day, a tough fixture.

Full list is out at 9am for anyone who still has any kind of excitement about the season!

They're all tough fixtures according to Tony.

No easy games at this level. Must respect everyone. Lots of sleeping giants knocking around and little ol' Rovers can't hope to compete. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unless the FA waved the Quarantine rules like they have done with Liverpool when they coming back from Austria?

Do they have regular Coronavirus testing in Belgium for footballers? 

Can the FA rules supersede the governement ones?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Simply put, the data shows that this is an incredible deal if Sharpe is right with a 6-figure offer. If this comes off I'd be mightily impressed. 10 Europa League games for Kaminski last year, as well as incredibly better stats than Christian Walton. His save percentage would put him in the top five keepers in our division, his passing is much better amongst other stats.

He's 6ft 3" tall, 27-years old.

121815468_ThomasKaminski.thumb.png.a5993001433827c58c30f5f3dba9ad45.png

Big caveat to this is that most of those metrics are hugely influenced by both the quality of the league and that Gent were one of the top dogs. Not a criticism though, love that you put these together!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski faces an average of 2 Shots on Target per game, Walton 2.7. Save percentage is over 6% higher though.

I ain't trynna argue he's a better keeper but just that stats can be misleading.

Belgians play 29 games per year, Championship is 46, which would indicate that Walton faced over twice as many shots as Kaminski. That's a lot more margin for error, to say there's only 6% in it. 

Sounds like a promising deal, though I'll wait to pass judgement properly until I see him play. However, I think we can all say that our expectations were probably much lower so hopefully this is a sign of our scouting network finally playing dividends.

• Like 1

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Can the FA rules supersede the governement ones?

well they have. 

Just now, islander200 said:

A goalkeeper and our foreign scouting system being used.. wow

Looks a good deal but will save my celebration for when he signs on the dotted line 

At least we making used of our European scouting network now. 

I agree, lets get the deal done first