BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Looks like Kaminski cost Gent 2 million in January 2019. Selling him for a quarter of that (according to the Belgian report) a year and a half later, after he has just played all season in a successful year for them, seems odd. But we could be getting a huge bargain. Rather have spent a bit more for Phillips, who we know to have had a good season in this league, but funds are low and a lot needs doing (still rather have paid more and got him though).

Good age. Old enough to have some experience under his belt, young enough to have many years left in him.

Perhaps the dick kick was intentional.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

anything to suggest that we have accept a bid for one of our players?

Nothing so far. I have heard that FFP rules will be relaxed next week and a new salary cap of £20m will be voted on as well by the Championship Chairman at their end of month meeting.

If that is the case and we have always been told if it wasn't for FFP they would have put more funds into us, there is no longer any excuse for them

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why do people ask Nixon if a player is any good?

Pretty sure he called K**n "A Gem"

Blokes knows f*** all

Unfortunately, the age of Nickoteens hasn't died out. You know it would be no different if he was still on here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

Let's hope Tony doesn't have him passing it backwards!  :o

Well he likes to drill the flair out of people so the first sign of a dribble will have Tony sending him a fresh copy of the 'Rovers way' handbook.

• Like 2

The European scouting network have pulled off a blinder with Thomas Kaminski if we tie up this transfer and as far as I am concerned it knocks Walton out the water.

Highly rated keeper with vast experience always on the fringes of his national team with a full plate of International youth credentials in his past.

If you'd asked me if we could sign this lad a week ago for anything short of £3 million I would have laughed at you.

£500,000 is a bargain! He's one of two goalkeepers Rovers are looking to sign and should be in for a medical in coming days with fee agreed with his club.

This keeper could be in for 6-7 years if he impresses. Exciting!

For those wondering... He speaks fluent English...

Edited by RovingRover
Adding link
  • Like 3

Just now, RovingRover said:

The European scouting network have pulled off a blinder with Thomas Kaminski if we tie up this transfer and as far as I am concerned it knocks Walton out the water.

Highly rated keeper with vast experience always on the fringes of his national team with a full plate of International youth credentials in his past.

If you'd asked me if we could sign this lad a week ago for anything short of £3 million I would have laughed at you.

£500,000 is a bargain! He's one of two goalkeepers Rovers are looking to sign and should be in for a medical in coming days with fee agreed with his club.

Any rumours on the second? 

Is it O'Hara?

Where's the £500k come from? It was reported that Totally Wicked had increased their sponsorship. That's where I think the money has come from. Or Barrow paid £500 for Platt,which seems unlikely.

Westwood's the other goalie mentioned. He's out of favour at Wednesday and is wanted off their books. We ought to be able to get him on a free.

I've not seen any reports of any announcement form Venkys. I suppose it can be left until monthly payroll is due, whenever that is.

I think this is the most excited I've seen this messageboard in a very long time! 

Great timing for the signing and hopefully it's the first of several. I would genuinely be excited for this season if we brought in Kaminski and a quality LB and CB as well. 

• Like 4

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Where's the £500k come from? It was reported that Totally Wicked had increased their sponsorship. That's where I think the money has come from. Or Barrow paid £500 for Platt,which seems unlikely.

Westwood's the other goalie mentioned. He's out of favour at Wednesday and is wanted off their books. We ought to be able to get him on a free.

I've not seen any reports of any announcement form Venkys. I suppose it can be left until monthly payroll is due, whenever that is.

He's wanted off the books as he is on £30,000 a week.

Thomas Kaminski will be coming to play 1st team football. Westwood wouldn't come on high wages to play second fiddle. Put money on the 2nd goalkeeper coming up from League One/Two or obscurity to prove himself from Europe. It would seem Mowbray is looking to the European scouting network to pay off.

• Like 1

Seriously seems like the kick in the dick is what started this all off

End of story for Thomas Kaminski in the Ghelamco Arena. The 27-year-old goalkeeper of the Buffalos lost his starting place to Davy Roef last week after the defeat at Sint-Truiden, when he unluckily collided with teammate Plastun during the second Truien goal. Today he says goodbye to his colleagues at Ghent and on Monday he would take his medical tests at Blackburn, which plays in the Championship, the English second division.

There is already an agreement at club level, between Blackburn and Kaminski some details still need to be clarified. The transfer from Kaminski to Blackburn would cost approximately 500,000 euros. Basel also showed interest in the Ghent goalkeeper, but would end up fishing behind the net. Perhaps the Buffalos in turn are also looking for an additional goalkeeper. In principle, Colin Coosemans will be visiting Antwerp tomorrow evening on the couch as a duplication of Roef.

Edited by JacknOry

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Simply put, the data shows that this is an incredible deal if Sharpe is right with a 6-figure offer. If this comes off I'd be mightily impressed. 10 Europa League games for Kaminski last year, as well as incredibly better stats than Christian Walton. His save percentage would put him in the top five keepers in our division, his passing is much better amongst other stats.

He's 6ft 3" tall, 27-years old.

121815468_ThomasKaminski.thumb.png.a5993001433827c58c30f5f3dba9ad45.png

Thanks for the stats at such short notice. I would say that 5 of them stats are fairly meaningless comparatively because they play not only for different teams but in different leagues. Gent are a big team in Belgium too. The save percentage is the promising one although I suppose teams may be having shots from further out v a dominant team.

I would say that an element of caution should be issued. A lot of understandable excitement I think predominantly based on the wait for any sign of an imminent signing, and a fancy foreign name always seems to evoke a bit more excitement. At least a bit of imagination is shown but obviously he has to be good to back up the scouting network! But none of us know what he is like and can gain minimal conclusion solely from stats. Lets hope if he signs that he turns out to be a bargain.

Reports of him making numerous errors and being dropped dont fill me with confidence but I will be interested to see how he turns out if he signs.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you ever complain about playing Armstrong or Antonsson on the wing cos they were both strikers by trade?

So you agree with me that Nyambe does need to improve going forward? 

I mention the wages of Westwood being a problem as soon as we were linked with him. Does he want to play regular at some level or happy to collect his wages and leave next summer when his contract is up, thats the question for himself

I presume you mean during the very small proportion of their time in that position in which they WERE contributing regularly, both hitting brief hot spells in League 1 scoring a few goals, then no, because for a SHORT time, that worked. Both of them, especially Armstrong have a skill set far more suited to playing wide. But in 2 years of playing wide, Armstrong frustrated for the majority of that time when in the Championship culminating in a point around a third into last season where basically everyone wanted to see him dropped. When he moved central, he turned into a regular goalscorer! Antonsson most of the time he spent here was really awkward and clumsy out wide, he just had a few games where he hit some form and scored a few goals. 

But even if I gave you them examples due to performing well wide for a fraction of their time there, they are the exceptions rather than the rules. Them 2 for most of the time out wide, Gallagher, Brereton, Samuel, all unable to play that role. The tactic has not been successful. Other parts of the team have operated well under Mowbray, but almost exclusively in central areas.

I still am none the wiser if you agree with playing wide strikers because all you tend to do is repeat that Mowbray plays with them without divulging your own opinion.

I have never doubted that Nyambe needs to really improve on his attacking side. But he is good defensively and my main worry is our goals conceded column. We wont find a better RB I dont think at this stage, it is imperative that we do what we can to get him signed up long term. Ultimately the fact that he usually has a "wide striker" in front of him contributing very little puts an over reliance on him to attack, the weaker side of his game anyway. If we had a more natural right sided player, then he could pick and choose his attacking (partially dependant on where the left back was, no need to push them both up) runs.

Can understand if Westwood does sit on his contract for another year unless paid equally elsewhere. Coming to the end of his career and that 1.5m that he will earn will do so much for him and his family once his career is over. That being said, as I suggested when I compared it to the Pears rumour, seems like there is nothing to it.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

End of story for Thomas Kaminski in the Ghelamco Arena. The 27-year-old goalkeeper of the Buffalos lost his starting place to Davy Roef last week after the defeat at Sint-Truiden, when he unluckily collided with teammate Plastun during the second Truien goal. Today he says goodbye to his colleagues at Ghent and on Monday he would take his medical tests at Blackburn, which plays in the Championship, the English second division.

There is already an agreement at club level, between Blackburn and Kaminski some details still need to be clarified. The transfer from Kaminski to Blackburn would cost approximately 500,000 euros. Basel also showed interest in the Ghent goalkeeper, but would end up fishing behind the net. Perhaps the Buffalos in turn are also looking for an additional goalkeeper. In principle, Colin Coosemans will be visiting Antwerp tomorrow evening on the couch as a duplication of Roef.

What a terrific phrase. ??

• Like 4

Just now, JacknOry said:

Loving that google translate from 'fishing behind the net' onwards.

I once nearly burst into tears with pride at us signing a keeper for 3 million quid.

Now i'll be exited to get this lad in for 500k ?

Really hope it comes off and he settles in well the most pleasing thing is they are buying someone who could be number 1 for a good few years. When we have a steady keeper at Ewood in the past they've always formed a bond with fans and the fans stick behind them in the sticky patches.

Hopefully that's the case again here we've never had it provided by this ownership although Raya was on his way to it.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Thomas Kaminski will be coming to play 1st team football. Westwood wouldn't come on high wages to play second fiddle. Put money on the 2nd goalkeeper coming up from League One/Two or obscurity to prove himself from Europe. It would seem Mowbray is looking to the European scouting network to pay off.

I'd be putting my tenner on it being the lad from Boro.

10 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

For those wondering... He speaks fluent English...

You talk like a man who has seen a fair bit of him or is well aware of his reputation/game. If so, any info on his strengths and weaknesses?

• Like 1

Just now, RovingRover said:

We wouldn't pay Westwood half that.Would offer him the chance to be number 1. Competition throughout the squad for places is Mowbray's oft stated aim. Both keepers have something to prove. I think we've already got league one/two/obscurity covered.

I don't know, securing a goalkeeper for £500k, would be a payoff and secure the european scouting network,in my eyes.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I once nearly burst into tears with pride at us signing a keeper for 5 million quid.

Now i'll be exited to get this lad in for 500k ?

My memory must be playing tricks on me, when did we sign a keeper for 5 million quid?