BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, bluebruce said:

My memory must be playing tricks on me, when did we sign a keeper for 5 million quid? 

When we signed Flowers, it was the world record for a keeper I believe - cannot remember the fee exactly though. 

Edit: 2.4 million according to wiki. I was also wrong on the record, it was the British record at the time.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, phili said:

Nothing so far. I have heard that FFP rules will be relaxed next week and a new salary cap of £20m will be voted on as well by the Championship Chairman at their end of month meeting.

If that is the case and we have always been told if it wasn't for FFP they would have put more funds into us, there is no longer any excuse for them

Thanks for sharing what you have heard. 

But surely the EFL should have sort out this salary cap and relaxing FFP rules weeks ago? 

5 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

He's wanted off the books as he is on £30,000 a week.

Thomas Kaminski will be coming to play 1st team football. Westwood wouldn't come on high wages to play second fiddle. Put money on the 2nd goalkeeper coming up from League One/Two or obscurity to prove himself from Europe. It would seem Mowbray is looking to the European scouting network to pay off.

The European market is well the value is for players in terms of fees and wages. We can't over pay for players. I think someone like O'Hara would be second keeper. Out of contract. Wont want big wages surely. 

13 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Where's the £500k come from? It was reported that Totally Wicked had increased their sponsorship. That's where I think the money has come from. Or Barrow paid £500 for Platt,which seems unlikely.

Westwood's the other goalie mentioned. He's out of favour at Wednesday and is wanted off their books. We ought to be able to get him on a free.

I've not seen any reports of any announcement form Venkys. I suppose it can be left until monthly payroll is due, whenever that is.

Or maybe all the talk of us having absolutely zero to spend wasn't true...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Simply put, the data shows that this is an incredible deal if Sharpe is right with a 6-figure offer. If this comes off I'd be mightily impressed. 10 Europa League games for Kaminski last year, as well as incredibly better stats than Christian Walton. His save percentage would put him in the top five keepers in our division, his passing is much better amongst other stats.

He's 6ft 3" tall, 27-years old.

121815468_ThomasKaminski.thumb.png.a5993001433827c58c30f5f3dba9ad45.png

Cheers Joe.

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

Did we pay that for Robinson when Friedel departed? 

In my head that was more in the 1.5 - 3 mill bracket? Pretty sure it wasn't close to 5.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

When we signed Flowers, it was the world record for a keeper I believe - cannot remember the fee exactly though. 

Edit: 2.4 million according to wiki. I was also wrong on the record, it was the British record at the time.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Was Flowers £3.5m

Flowers didn't cost more than Shearer. Certainly wasn't near 5 million, which would have been a British, maybe world record at the time for any player let alone a keeper.

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Do you?

I think it's more than coincidence that extra sponsorship is announced and we sign(hopefully completed) a player.

Nope, just trying to have a positive outlook on things. Personally can't see how 'Totally  Wicked' would be chucking in 500k just to sponsor the training tops or Rovers being totally reliant on a vaping company to fund our transfer activities

• Like 3

Struggle to not get excited by this signing! Has some great pedigree and is coming at the perfect age imo, 500k could be a bargain when you look at prices elsewhere. Have to say that it’s a relief to see that our scouting network actually exists.

anyone know how tall he is?

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

My memory must be playing tricks on me, when did we sign a keeper for 5 million quid? 

Sorry a typo i think it was 3 million for Tim Flowers

Back to this keeper i hope it isn't all sounding a bit too good to be true.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, TruRover said:

Struggle to not get excited by this signing! Has some great pedigree and is coming at the perfect age imo, 500k could be a bargain when you look at prices elsewhere. Have to say that it’s a relief to see that our scouting network actually exists.

anyone know how tall he is?

6ft3 apparently.

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

I thought we had no money? This deal is 500k so clearly Venkys have given Tony a budget to work with.

Of course there’s a budget mate. Sharpe and Crooke said a few days ago that we were making offers to and for players....folk on here just read what they want to.

• Like 7

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Of course there’s a budget mate. Sharpe and Crooke said a few days ago that we were making offers to and for players....folk on here just read what they want to.

I don’t personally get too carried away with gossip either way, but wasn’t that largely from Kamy’s post? He painted a pretty bleak picture, and as he has/had (?) a long lasting line into the club, of course people feared the worst.

Though it’s a fine example of how everything needs to be taken with a pitch of salt at this time of year...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1