BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Similar budget overal football budget including wages and costs needed as last season and granted. Take off that those whose wages have now gone because they've left. Then you have a bit of headroom that's being used now, anything above and beyond will need sell to buy or be at the whim of the owners suddenly allowing a bit more.

I think it really is that plain and simple right now.

44 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Any rumours on the second? 

Is it O'Hara?

No idea.

31 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You talk like a man who has seen a fair bit of him or is well aware of his reputation/game. If so, any info on his strengths and weaknesses?

I have watched an awful lot of European football and knew of him earlier in his career.

If memory served he is good with his goal kicks and long range saves. Decent at commanding his area. No weaknesses come to mind however he will have them I'm sure.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

Similar budget overal football budget including wages and costs needed as last season and granted. Take off that those whose wages have now gone because they've left. Then you have a bit of headroom that's being used now, anything above and beyond will need sell to buy or be at the whim of the owners suddenly allowing a bit more.

I think it really is that plain and simple right now.

I don't think anyone outside the club really knows the situation. All speculation at this point. 

A lot ,myself included, will have gotten it wrong if we do start spending money, particularly in the key GK position. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Sorry a typo i think it was 3 million for Tim Flowers

Back to this keeper i hope it isn't all sounding a bit too good to be true.

It does sound too good to be true I agree. I'm refusing to get excited till it's sealed. I remember previously when we had deals ready to go. We pissed around in the case of Roy Keane, and Man U stepped in. Then that bloody ash cloud thwarted the Lewandowski deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the link Craig man. 

500k seems cheap considering his experience and his stats from last season. 

Unless the FA waved the Quarantine rules like they have done with Liverpool when they coming back from Austria?

Do they have regular Coronavirus testing in Belgium for footballers? 

The FA change all the rules for the scousers. They wont for us that's for sure. We aren't relevant enough. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Of course there’s a budget mate. Sharpe and Crooke said a few days ago that we were making offers to and for players....folk on here just read what they want to.

Everything stemmed from Mowbray saying that he didnt know his budget in numerous interviews around the end of the season. Venkys are always very slow at this time of year, usually demanding that Mowbray flies out to India to speak to them. It puts us at a disadvantage and indeed Mowbray references their other businesses as a reason why he may have not heard from them at all at that point.

A budget was always going to materialise eventually. There is no evidence that it is a healthy or unhealthy budget, there could be a spending spree to come, there could be sales. We dont know yet. But Venkys disinterest and how they works means that we lag behind other more functionally run clubs.

Lets not pretend that it was unwarranted scaremongering.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Didn't have the money until that extra sponsorship came in.

You have no idea that's where the money came from. 

It's been reported for a couple of weeks we had a budget. Just people aren't willing to be patience and get it time to get the players in. We probably have 4 or 5 millions as football budget to be spent on the players. Whether 5 or 6 free transfers or a couple of deals around 500k plus wages, then a couple of free transfers. 

If FFP rules are being relax then it gives us more space. 

19 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

No idea.

I have watched an awful lot of European football and knew of him earlier in his career.

If memory served he is good with his goal kicks and long range saves. Decent at commanding his area. No weaknesses come to mind however he will have them I'm sure.

Well he was dropped--- so he must have weaknesses

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You have no idea that's where the money came from. 

It's been reported for a couple of weeks we had a budget. Just people aren't willing to be patience and get it time to get the players in. We probably have 4 or 5 millions as football budget to be spent on the players. Whether 5 or 6 free transfers or a couple of deals around 500k plus wages, then a couple of free transfers. 

If FFP rules are being relax then it gives us more space. 

"You have no idea"

Then goes on to wildly speculate himself ?

• Like 9

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Gotta say i am liking this. Finally our scouting network bearing some fruit? 

Good age, recent European experience played for a top club in a decent European league and most importantly - will be ours. 

Sharpe says we after two keepers, like that too but I would want a CB and LB over another one first. One of our kids can be number two if all else fails.

Is that low hanging fruit

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

Do you?

I think it's more than coincidence that extra sponsorship is announced and we sign(hopefully completed) a player.

You really are clutching at straws.

For the past week Sharpe and numerous others have said the manager has his budget and has bids in for players.

Now the budget could be tiny nevertheless we have a transfer budget.Venkys don't make a statement every year telling the public how much our budget is, and would be ridiculous if they did.

And now you claim our budget is coming from the sponsorship by totally wicked and the transfer fee for Matty Platt.It is ridiculous

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

Do you?

I think it's more than coincidence that extra sponsorship is announced and we sign(hopefully completed) a player.

I really dont think the extra sponsership deal with totally wicked has secured this signing, hell i bet the sponsership deal is nowhere near 500k

• Like 3