BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who doesn't? 

Don't think there's a keeper around who hasn't got a weakness, standard so poor. 

Chelsea paid 70m for their keeper and can't wait to get shut of him. 

Just hope this deal doesn't get scuppered, he sounds about as good as we can get

• Like 4

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Don't think there's a keeper around who hasn't got a weakness, standard so poor. 

Chelsea paid 70m for their keeper and can't wait to get shut of him. 

Just hope this deal doesn't get scuppered, he sounds about as good as we can get

Ya, with so many other clubs looking for players,I'm afraid someone else might steal him from under our noses. 

4 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

I really dont think the extra sponsership deal with totally wicked has secured this signing, hell i bet the sponsership deal is nowhere near 500k

Obviously they aren't related, but some people who were claiming to be itk saying we had no budget will need to find something to save face. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But why don't Liverpool then? 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

You really are clutching at straws.

For the past week Sharpe and numerous others have said the manager has his budget and has bids in for players.

Now the budget could be tiny nevertheless we have a transfer budget. Venkys don't make a statement every year telling the public how much our budget is, and would be ridiculous if they did.

And now you claim our budget is coming from the sponsorship by totally wicked and the transfer fee for Matty Platt.It is ridiculous

Exactly. 

We will have a football budget rather a transfer budget and wage budget like I said before. The reason why I say this is based on 2 posts from J^B who says its football or yearly budget.  https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34532-summer-transfer-window/&do=findComment&comment=2092009

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34174-january-transfer-window-2020/&do=findComment&comment=2033769

I would suggest we got no fee for Matty Platt

The summer we signed Brereton we had the same stories about the manager having no money to spend and we would have to let players go to bring others in .

I don't expect that level of spending but it's clear that we do have a little money to spend if we have agreed a fee of 500k.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But why don't Liverpool then? 

Exactly. 

We will have a football budget rather a transfer budget and wage budget like I said before. The reason why I say this is based on 2 posts from J^B who says its football or yearly budget.  https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34532-summer-transfer-window/&do=findComment&comment=2092009

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34174-january-transfer-window-2020/&do=findComment&comment=2033769

I would suggest we got no fee for Matty Platt

I really don't know - in my view there should he no exceptions.

Confusion reigns.

Here he is making a mistake that Peter Enckleman would have been proud of at the end, he will fit right in doing that :lol:

From that Lancs Live article:

After the first match of the season he made a comedy of errors, after which he was benched.

He conceded a total of 57 goals last season from a xGC of 51.12. 

Edited by roversfan99

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Here he is making a mistake that Peter Enckleman would have been proud of at the end, he will fit right in doing that :lol:

From that Lancs Live article:

After the first match of the season he made a comedy of errors, after which he was benched.

He conceded a total of 57 goals last season from a xGC of 51.12. 

It's almost as if you are happy to hear this ?

Surely that can't be the case? 

Think some of the euphoria surrounding this potential Kaminski deal is a bit OTT, at this stage I think we would all be happy with someone with a pulse by this stage, and we still have to agree personal terms.

That said, he's an ideal age, permanent and anyone coming in has the considerable advantage that they aren't bloody Walton and are going to appear like Gordon Banks in comparison as long as they perform to a reasonable standard.

The bits that caught my eye about the article were that he is in the last year of his contract and had been dropped following a series of mistakes so there is a possibility that we might be picking up a Raya style bargain with his contract situation and with him having fallen out of favour with management etc

Overall then reasonably promising - if it goes through. Not sure a fee initially reported at 500 k euros is evidence of a particularly large transfer budget however, no-one has ever said there's no money whatsoever as far as I can recall, just that money is exceptionally tight. We should also have earned ourselves a bit of wiggle room by seven players having gone out so it may simply be a case that the playing budget is similar to or slightly reduced from  last season when we didn't spend anything on teansfer fees but since then we've shed a few off the wage bill.

• Like 6