BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Just seen someone on twitter saying a deal with Kipre from Wigan is completed.

Not sure how believable that is. If so that's a class signing.

I think Nixon is probably more reliable than twitter, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. 

3 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

And still no word from either Waggott or Mowbray on finances (if any) available..

Which other clubs fans demand the manager and CEO confirm their budget!? The manager stated over a month ago that he still did not have his budget. For around a week we have known that we we are making offers to and for players. Yesterday we agreed a supposed six figure fee for a player and Sharpe is saying that we have ongoing deals being negotiated for European and home based targets. 

They have a budget. They don’t need to tell us what it is. The end.

• Like 4

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Which other clubs fans demand the manager and CEO confirm their budget!? The manager stated over a month ago that he still did not have his budget. For around a week we have known that we we are making offers to and for players. Yesterday we agreed a supposed six figure fee for a player and Sharpe is saying that we have ongoing deals being negotiated for European and home based targets. 

They have a budget. They don’t need to tell us what it is. The end.

Which other club make a big thing about their owner having to go to India every summer to meet the owner? Which other clubs manager was saying after the season had ended that he hadn't had full clarity on his budget?

The fact is we still haven't signed anyone and the one player we offered a new contract to still hasn't signed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

1.3 budget left from January, plus wages off the wage bill from Downing, Graham, Samuel, Smallwood, Leutwiler, Hart plus loans from Walton and Adarabioyo. Which I reckon is around 3 million(60k a week)off the budget IMO So there is 4 to 5 million budget. 

and strip out all the lost income from March onwards and going forwards and there's your 'budget' gone!

If only life was that simple Chaddy!

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Which other club make a big thing about their owner having to go to India every summer to meet the owner? Which other clubs manager was saying after the season had ended that he hadn't had full clarity on his budget?

The fact is we still haven't signed anyone and the one player we offered a new contract to still hasn't signed.

Yes, and I guess because the club engages in such moronic behaviour then we have to do the same? ?

Also very confused why @Sparks Rover is liking your post after he basically announced a £5m budget a few weeks ago following a conversation with his mates mam. ?

Lets get some perspective please. They aren’t going to come out and announce the budget. It doesn’t happen. Even in our basket case of a club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, and I guess because the club engages in such moronic behaviour then we have to do the same? ?

Also very confused why @Sparks Rover is liking your post after he basically announced a £5m budget a few weeks ago following a conversation with his mates mam. ?

Lets get some perspective please. They aren’t going to come out and announce the budget. It doesn’t happen. Even in our basket case of a club. 

Are you being antagonistic again?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

You didn't answer my questions. 

Which other clubs other than ours make a big thing about their owner having to go to India every summer to meet the owner to discuss the budget? Which other clubs manager other than ours was saying after the season had ended that he hadn't had full clarity on his budget?

It is Mowbray and Waggott who every summer are in the media talking about the budget regularly. They have even come out after this January's window and a previous summer window to say that we had money left over. Which other clubs does this happen at?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You didn't answer my questions. 

Which other clubs other than ours make a big thing about their owner having to go to India every summer to meet the owner to discuss the budget? Which other clubs manager other than ours was saying after the season had ended that he hadn't had full clarity on his budget?

It is Mowbray and Waggott who every summer are in the media talking about the budget regularly. They have even come out after this January's window and a previous summer window to say that we had money left over. Which other clubs does this happen at?

No one, no one else on the planet does what Rovers do. It’s unfathomable and makes them look idiotic. Does this answer your question?

Ok, now please answer mine. Why does them acting so mad mean that we act mad too? Let’s be honest, in the cold light of day still demanding that the CEO and / Manager release the budget in the current circumstances is just odd. We have all the information we need or are going to get on the subject. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ok, now please answer mine. Why does them acting so mad mean that we act mad too? Let’s be honest, in the cold light of day still demanding that the CEO and / Manager release the budget in the current circumstances is just odd. We have all the information we need or are going to get on the subject. 

I haven't demanded that. Personally I wouldn't say anything but that fact is other the years both Mowbray and Waggott have both talked very openly about the budget even going so far as to saying how much money was left over. The fact that they haven't this season since Mowbray said he hadn't had clarity and the fact that no one has signed so far makes me very nervous about the budget or rather lack of as the case may be.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I haven't demanded that. Personally I wouldn't say anything but that fact is other the years both Mowbray and Waggott have both talked very openly about the budget even going so far as to saying how much money was left over. The fact that they haven't this season since Mowbray said he hadn't had clarity and the fact that no one has signed so far makes me very nervous about the budget or rather lack of as the case may be.

Tbf, 'Left over' after the fact is very different from announcing it before any is spent.

I don't think a budget has ever been 'announced' by any manager apart from that year we sold Bellamy, and even that was downplayed as 'a good budget' rather than a figure.

Unless we count Nixon's £50m Warchest ofc.

• Like 1