BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Trinidad Rover said:

What is going on with Mulgrew? Nowhere near the squad for the friendlies today and no rumours or links to him moving on. Big chunk of the wage bill being wasted.

I do not blame Mulgrew one little bit.

Waggott and Mowbray gave him a lucrative contract through to 2021 - that is where the blame should lie.

IMO, we have seen £millions frittered away on nonsensical contracts including extensions for likes of Hart and Smallwood to cover the extended season for 2019/20.

IMO, it really does beggar belief and it's little wonder we are seemingly up financial sh1t creek without a paddle.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Waggott and Mulgrew gave him a lucrative contract through to 2021 - that is where the blame should lie.

IMO, we have seen £millions frittered away on nonsensical contracts including extensions for likes of Hart and Smallwood to cover the extended season for 2019/20.

IMO, it really does beggar belief and it's little wonder we are seemingly up financial sh1t creek without a paddle.

Have to agree, a 3 year contract for a 32-year old shouldn't be allowed unless you are Messi or Ronaldo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imy9 said:

Absolute nonsense in this climate to even imply that we have money. Best to wait and see, but promising that money is being spent on a keeper and apparent bids for other players too.

Good idea to let the stadium rot to keep up the act then. :tu: 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Waggott and Mowbray gave him a lucrative contract through to 2021 - that is where the blame should lie.

I wasn’t apportioning blame, merely asking if anyone knew what the situation was. 

IMO....we’ve also seen Waggott and Mowbray make some shrewd investments which will no doubt yield massive returns for the club.

I’ll keep my pitchfork in the cupboard for now.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 1

Twitter rumours circulating that Cedric Kipre is joining the club, something which Rich Sharpe didn't flat out deny either. Pinch of salt but worth mentioning.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Twitter rumours circulating that Cedric Kipre is joining the club, something which Rich Sharpe didn't flat out deny either. Pinch of salt but worth mentioning.

Was that not just started by one random?

Don't get me wrong, Kipre and Kaminski would go a LONG way and I'd even apologise for getting annoyed at lack of info from the club.

Two seemingly quality, imaginative signings if we pull it off.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Don't for a second think that he'll end up here, but seems a bit strange that West Ham haven't just gone out and signed him if they were genuinely interested. The supposed £1.5 million might be pricing us out of the chase (let's see) but surely that must be small beer for an established top flight team, Covid or no. 

21 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I’ve just been on twitter and haven’t seen anything linking us to Kipre? Where have you seen that?

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

and strip out all the lost income from March onwards and going forwards and there's your 'budget' gone!

If only life was that simple Chaddy!

All opinions Mercer. 

Life is as simple as you make it especially with finances. 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

So some on here now think Rovers have a budget as we appear to have agreed a fee of about E500k for a goalie from Genk and everything in the garden is rosy.

A budget can take many shapes and form and some posters need to curtail their excitement!

Mowbray might have been told he's a net £3million to spend on transfer fees and wages have to be held at 2019/20 levels - IMO, very unlikely and I'd give this option no more than a 1% chance.

Mowbray might have been told he's to bring in a net £15million in transfer fees and wages have to be cut by £5million from 2019/20 levels - IMO, and I've i've said this for weeks, very likely and I'd give this option a 90% chance.

Rovers have to be honest with the fans.  At the end of the day, Rovers will want season ticket sales, replica kit sales etc.

They can't go round telling fans what the budget is exactly and I'm pretty certain no one poster has requested this.

However, they could say 'we have a competitive budget which we believe will allow us to strengthen the team and look to push on' or they could say 'financial circumstances mean we will be restricted to free transfers and loans'.  To say absolutely nothing is, IMO, crass, but unsurprising, management from Waggott and Mowbray.

More Pure speculation and assessments yet. Have you got one right so far when given those sort of opinions? Can't think of one. 

The club, Waggott or Mowbray doesn't needs to come out and say anything about the Budget at all. Why let anyone know? Does any other managers come out and say anything about their budget?

Of Course Mowbray has a football budget for the season. Thats why we have been enquiring and making offers for players past couple of weeks. So if we had no budget why are we buying a keeper for a fee and wages then? 

There is no evidence to support your 90% claim that Mowbray might have been told he has bring in a net 15 million. 

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Lined up for a move to League 1 according to Rich Sharpe. Rumours are Fleetwood

Would be ideal move for him to Fleetwood. He lives in Wrea Green so ideal move. 

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

interesting. Not seen much of him either. Joe have you gone any stats on him and his performances so we can have a look them please?

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Christian Maghoma playing for Middlesbrough Under 23's. Safe to say he isn't coming here, personally think that's a good one to avoid

Have you seen any stats on him? is he any good? 

Never seen play or seen any really stats on him apart from appearances and goals conceded 

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

I’ve just been on twitter and haven’t seen anything linking us to Kipre? Where have you seen that?

There's a chap being banging on saying he knows for sure its done. Probably nothing, and I said that in the original post anyway, just thought I'd mention it.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

For those not on Twitter. There’s exactly 0 rumours linking us to signing Kipre.

One random guy said on Rich Sharpe's Twitter feed he had heard we are signing Kipre for 1.5 Millon.Sharpe didn't respond.It most likely some fella looking for a bit of attention making up a rumour