BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

When was anyone dismissive about "pretty good info about possible signings" 4 days after that Luton game in which Mowbray had spent the whole week stating his frustration that he had received no clarity on his budget?

This isn't what Mowbray said at all. Mowbray exactly words was" I haven't had full clarity on it" what is different to no Clarity. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18601936.downing-contract-expires-mowbray-waits-venkys-decision/

• Like 1

Why is Kipre so implausible? Standards really have fallen here so far that being linked with a now League One player at bankrupt Wigan is enough to get people hysterical.

From what I've heard would be a decent addition but given our refusal to spend on that position I'll take all links with cynicism.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why is Kipre so implausible? Standards really have fallen here so far that being linked with a now League One player at bankrupt Wigan is enough to get people hysterical.

From what I've heard would be a decent addition but given our refusal to spend on that position I'll take all links with cynicism.

He has been linked in the press with a move to the premier league

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Because Celtic and West ham are linked I would imagine. 

Ah the old 'linking' stuff again. Bit like when Dack was 'linked' with them but nowt happened.

He's playing for Wigan who have just gone down to the Championship. They are skint. We are a mid table club. This is the sort of deal we should be looking to pick up. Like I say from the limited information I've had it sounds like he would be a good addition and we certainly need one but I don't believe it is some sort of sensation for us to be interested in him.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Ah the old 'linking' stuff again. Bit like when Dack was 'linked' with them but nowt happened.

He's playing for Wigan who have just gone down to the Championship. They are skint. We are a mid table club. This is the sort of deal we should be looking to pick up. Like I say from the limited information I've had it sounds like he would be a good addition and we certainly need one but I don't believe it is some sort of sensation for us to be interested in him.

You are the very one who chooses to use "links" as a source if if suits you. More than anyone else here. 

As for the rest, did someone piss on your cornflakes this morning? I didn't see anybody claim it would be a "sensational signing", but I suppose if you want to constantly be a miserable so and so you need to manufacture people on the other end of the spectrum! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Says the person who posted yesterday that we had a £5 Million budget. Based on nothing except some crazy ridiculous calculations.

How was their crazy ridiculous calculations when I shown how I worked it out and based on the budget left form January and and the wages saved from players who left? 

I said 4 to 5 million football budget. 

We don't know if Covid-19 has impact the budget the owners have given Mowbray this transfer window or not? Unless you know for sure its all assessments and opinions

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are the very one who chooses to use "links" as a source if if suits you. More than anyone else here. 

As for the rest, did someone piss on your cornflakes this morning? I didn't see anybody claim it would be a "sensational signing", but I suppose if you want to constantly be a miserable so and so you need to manufacture people on the other end of the spectrum! 

I dont think I'm being miserable. IF we signed him i think he would be a good and much needed addition. I just think it is a shame that people seem to be of the view such a signing would be beyond our capabilities. I don’t think so. I'd rather we went into the season with a couple of proven proper CBs so I'll be relieved with anyone just now.

?

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We don't know if Covid-19 has impact the budget the owners have given Mowbray this transfer window or not? Unless you know for sure its all assessments and opinions

Anyone with an announce of sense will know how our finances will have been severely damaged by Covid. That is an undisputed fact and you only make yourself look foolish trying to deny it.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I dont think I'm being miserable. IF we signed him i think he would be a good and much needed addition. I just think it is a shame that people seem to be of the view such a signing would be beyond our capabilities. I don’t think so. I'd rather we went into the season with a couple of proven proper CBs so I'll be relieved with anyone just now.

?

I think it's just the difficulty in reconciling his apparent fee of 1.5 million quid with the noises we're getting about how much we have to spend. I don't think there's any 'he won't come to little Blackburn Rovers' about it.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Seen in a newspaper interview with Herve Villechaize in "The Island" magazine:.

"Even growing up in Paris, I always took an interest in Blackburn Rovers. I suppose it started,  when I followed Christophe(Samba). Then, I just fell in love with those magnificent blue and white shirts"..

Did he follow us from the grave, he died in 1993?!!

• Like 1

Downing can do one as far as I’m concerned. Giving the fingers to the club and fans, there wasn’t a clamour to sign him last season, there will be even less now, we have gave him good game time, fan support and a decent wage, if he wanted to sign again he would’ve by now. He was ok last season, I wouldn’t say set the place alight , you can be replaced with a younger model as far as I’m concerned, see ya 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

So some on here now think Rovers have a budget as we appear to have agreed a fee of about E500k for a goalie from Genk and everything in the garden is rosy.

A budget can take many shapes and form and some posters need to curtail their excitement!

Mowbray might have been told he's a net £3million to spend on transfer fees and wages have to be held at 2019/20 levels - IMO, very unlikely and I'd give this option no more than a 1% chance.

Mowbray might have been told he's to bring in a net £15million in transfer fees and wages have to be cut by £5million from 2019/20 levels - IMO, and I've i've said this for weeks, very likely and I'd give this option a 90% chance.

Rovers have to be honest with the fans.  At the end of the day, Rovers will want season ticket sales, replica kit sales etc.

They can't go round telling fans what the budget is exactly and I'm pretty certain no one poster has requested this.

However, they could say 'we have a competitive budget which we believe will allow us to strengthen the team and look to push on' or they could say 'financial circumstances mean we will be restricted to free transfers and loans'.  To say absolutely nothing is, IMO, crass, but unsurprising, management from Waggott and Mowbray.

The weeds outside Ewood, as some have posted pictures of, is an absolute disgrace and, perhaps, IMO, sums up our incompetent management team who don't really give a jot.

So does that leave a 9% chance of a £50m war chest? ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Downing can do one as far as I’m concerned. Giving the fingers to the club and fans, there wasn’t a clamour to sign him last season, there will be even less now, we have gave him good game time, fan support and a decent wage, if he wanted to sign again he would’ve by now. He was ok last season, I wouldn’t say set the place alight , you can be replaced with a younger model as far as I’m concerned, see ya 

Why is he giving the club and fans the fingers? Seems incredibly over the top. 

We dont know what the hold up is. Mowbray might have said that he wont play as much, maybe the wage offer is miles lower for his potentially last contract, maybe he wants 2 more years, maybe other teams have shown him interest. Just seems very harsh.

If he does go, he has had a very good year for us in which he maintained high standards and I dont see any reason to have any ill feeling moving forward.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is he giving the club and fans the fingers? Seems incredibly over the top. 

We dont know what the hold up is. Mowbray might have said that he wont play as much, maybe the wage offer is miles lower for his potentially last contract, maybe he wants 2 more years, maybe other teams have shown him interest. Just seems very harsh.

If he does go, he has had a very good year for us in which he maintained high standards and I dont see any reason to have any ill feeling moving forward.

Sign or say your not signing, rodwell all over again. We don’t have time to pee about 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sign or say your not signing, rodwell all over again. We don’t have time to pee about 

For all we know he may have told the club he isnt signing and that it's the club hoping he changes his mind. Doesnt mean he is in anyway obliged to make a statement saying he isnt going to sign. 

I dont think he let the club down in anyway last year, probably did better than the vast majority thought he would and owes us nothing. 

• Like 4

Quite impressed by the imminent Kaminski signing. Never seen him play but he’s an experienced GK who has played European football multiple times for a decent club, and he was their number one GK until covid hit. Their fans are saying they are surprised he’s being let go so cheaply, so he could prove to be a real bargain. 

If we can get a decent LB and CB, added to the good talent coming through the youth ranks, we could well have a very good season. 

• Like 2