BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Noticed that Stoke played today and that Lindsay wasnt involved at all. Wonder if he is the CB we will go for? Would much prefer Kipre.

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sign or say your not signing, rodwell all over again. We don’t have time to pee about 

Thats only taking into account the club. This will probably be his last deal, why doesnt he have the right to have a think over it. Especially if the finances or potential playing time has changed from last year?

Sticking fingers up at the fans is a bit melodramatic.

14 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sign or say your not signing, rodwell all over again. We don’t have time to pee about 

I agree and that was point earlier on in the week. We can't be waiting for him to decided. He had long enough to decide. He hasn't so lets move on

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Noticed that Stoke played today and that Lindsay wasnt involved at all. Wonder if he is the CB we will go for? Would much prefer Kipre.

depends on the budget and who else we want. We still need a left back, back up keeper and possible another centre back. 

Would Lindsay be needed if we are keeping Williams and Wharton with both of them being left footed. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats only taking into account the club. This will probably be his last deal, why doesnt he have the right to have a think over it. Especially if the finances or potential playing time has changed from last year?

Sticking fingers up at the fans is a bit melodramatic.

For the points I mentioned, we gave him a good and respectful deal last season, he could show the same back. From what Iv heard he has been offered same terms as last year but he is hoping for something better or a return to boro. We need to know if we have a position to fill and wages to use up, of course I’m thinking about the clubs view, no room for sentiment in this business and this time of year 

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, neophox said:

If we keep both Dack and Armstrong we really look strong with a new keeper and some new defenders. Heard we also are looking at a German center half. 

Hopefully Robin Bormuth or someone similarly under the radar.

I'd like someone else up front with goals in the locker. In theory with Armstrong, Dack, Gallagher and Brereton we should be well stocked with a bit of everything up there and could relax with an impressive 4 there and focus on defence but unless the latter two pull their fingers out I'm worried of over reliance on Armstrong and an unfit Dack. 

28 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I suspect Downing has been made an offer on much reduced terms which to me suggests they (a) the wage budget must be reduced and (b) we would like to keep him but we’re not desperate to. 

Ya,I would say way less, but I would like a decision made soon one way or another! 

Good lad to have around, but should be a bench option,not a starter. 

• Like 1

That keeper ,Kipre and another centre half ,possibly the German would be a really good start. I just think we are going to be relying on certain players stepping up big time like Gallagher, Brereton,Chapman and Rothwell, but I suppose we are where we are.  If those 4 got going and supported Dack and Armstrong, we might do ok. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18669724.rovers-stance-summer-striker-search-amid-hofmann-links/

The full report on how we aren't looking for a striker. I'm ok with that...I'd like one to replace the two rotation/backup strikers lost but think we can make do, with Vale and Butterworth as backups hopefully breaking through. What we can't make do with is a shite defensive unit.

• Like 2

@Bbrovers2288 totally agree that we shouldnt wait forever, if he is asking for too much money, too much game time or too much time to think, there has to be a cut off point. I just think that no one owes anyone anything, he came in and we mutually benefited, he added something to our squad with his performances and we paid him to do so. To suggest that he is sticking his fingers us at the fans was unnecessary IMO, and he should look in his best interests just as we should ours. Which seems to be leading to a parting of their ways which can be done respectfully.

I see that we dont seem to be interested in bringing in a forward. Firstly, Nixon again talking shite. Apparently we were strongly in for Hofmann, now thats been quashed hes again got something wrong.

I am not sure how I feel about not wanting a striker. I must say that it is well down the priority list, we need left back, centre back, winger and a second goalkeeper. And Downing will need replacing potentially too. With presumably limited funds, not easy!

I would be happy if Armstrong was first choice striker, Gallagher backing him up, with Dack and Holtby as number 10s, and 1 winger (at least, probably only 1 is realistic) to play and compete with Chapman, Rankin Costello and Rothwell. I suspect that the actual solution in Mowbrays head is with false 9s and Gallagher still wide.

That being said, if the budget allowed, someone like Chris Martin would be a nice option to have. It isnt ideal that 3 strikers worth 15m cant be relied on with any great confidence, but it is what it is.

I also do wonder if Tom Lockyer has been considered. Good age, 10 caps for Wales, very much affordable on a free.

Edited by roversfan99

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18669724.rovers-stance-summer-striker-search-amid-hofmann-links/

The full report on how we aren't looking for a striker. I'm ok with that...I'd like one to replace the two rotation/backup strikers lost but think we can make do, with Vale and Butterworth as backups hopefully breaking through. What we can't make do with is a shite defensive unit.

That's pretty much where I am, as much as we don't have anyone with Graham's know how and ability to bring other players into play, fact is we our goal tally was pretty good last year which was in the main with Graham not getting on the pitch. 

If there's room for a sensible loan then fine, but I'd be happy spending all of whatever money we have on goalkeepers and defenders.

• Like 1