BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Am I the only person who thinks releasing Samuel and Graham, but not bringing anyone else in is bonkers?

When two of the other options are Brereton & Gallagher, then yes I completely agree.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Am I the only person who thinks releasing Samuel and Graham, but not bringing anyone else in is bonkers?

It is when you consider our alternatives.

We simply CANNOT sell Armstrong.

5 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I suppose if Armstrong and Gallagher are both only played central, then it would depend on getting at least one more wide man in. For one spot, they should be choices 1 and 2.

But we are perhaps one light yeah.

We have 2 goalscorers, one is just a number 10. You cant really look past them 2. Gallagher and Holtby should be the alternatives there. But thats reliant on them 2 both being fit and indeed clicking as a pair.

Edited by roversfan99

Just now, RovingRover said:

I have no problem with that on account that we have a lot of other positions to fill. Samuel and Graham didn't to much last season, and it opens up for Vale and Butterworth. 

• Like 3

The fella on Twitter is a Rovers season ticket holder, and I’m pretty sure a member of this board. Wouldn’t think he would make something completely up, but no idea where he’d hear it from. 

Regarding Samuel and Graham going it’s the correct thing, too much wages up front, might force Tony to not play a striker on the wing. Especially with Dack back fit. 
Do you remember watching Samuel? Made Jason Roberts look composed.

Great to hear the Keeper is pretty much sorted. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Got to look at the wages budgets too so to have seven forwards might be stretching it when we need defenders. Agree with giving Butterworth and Vale the chance to come through.

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It is when you consider our alternatives.

We simply CANNOT sell Armstrong.

If we lose Armstrong or Dack to injury it leaves us relying on Gallagher, Brereton, Vale and Butterworth as our primary goal threats.

It's not like we have midfielders who can chip in with goals. When you play players in their actual positions in midfield it gives us 14 goals total last season. If as I said we lose Dack and Armstrong. We have 8 goals upfront last season.

25 goals. Madness.

6 minutes ago, briansol said:

I have no problem with that on account that we have a lot of other positions to fill. Samuel and Graham didn't to much last season, and it opens up for Vale and Butterworth. 

My main concern is if we lose Dack and Armstrong. Where do our goals come from?

9 minutes ago, Swanson said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/niklas-schmidt/profil/spieler/275249

I think he is back at Werder Bremen after being out on loan last season.

This would be good...

kaminski - Perm fee

Ohara - Free

kipre - perm fee

Cunningham - Loan to perm

Schmidt - Loan to perm

Whiteman - Perm fee 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I would say having better striking options would be good, but way down the pecking order compared to gk and defenders.

As it stands we are going to play one up front but have 3 first team strikers (Armstrong, Gallagher, Brereton) and two young players knocking on the door (Vale, Butterworth). In terms of numbers that's fine. Main issue is Brereton and Gallagher have been very very poor to date, so need to seriously step up.

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

This would be good...

kaminski - Perm fee

Ohara - Free

kipre - perm fee

Schmidt - Loan to perm

Whiteman - Perm fee 

Think a wide man (or even a striker) would be needed more than either of the bottom 2

Signing another attacking midfielder doesnt really tally up.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

This would be good...

kaminski - Perm fee

Ohara - Free

kipre - perm fee

Schmidt - Loan to perm

Whiteman - Perm fee 

That’d be a phenomenal window! I live in hope rather than expectation though.

Noticed the Schmidt talk is picking up a bit of traction. Don’t know a great deal, but is he another attacking midfielder? That’s the last area I think we need bodies, out and out wingers are another matter though.

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

This would be good...

kaminski - Perm fee

Ohara - Free

kipre - perm fee

Schmidt - Loan to perm

Whiteman - Perm fee 

That would be amazing, although assuming there would be no outgoings that would be £3-4 million, maybe even more just in transfer fees. I know we're only speculating on budgets etc. at the moment, but that sounds probably a bit beyond what we can expect.

• Like 1

Mowbray's spent £12m on 2 strikers in the last two years, of course he shouldn't buy another. He can't keep buying them, especially if they are shite.

Gally should be played centrally, He scored 12 under Coyle, he should score more in a better team and manager. Coyle played with wingers though, hopefully Mowbray works out that he needs at least one proper winger on the pitch.

Then again, he might go for the false 9 bollocks, which means he doesn't need a new striker at all.

Samuel and Graham are irrelevant as they hardly played last season and we didn't really struggle to score - 6th highest scorers in the league. 

It must also mean we aren't selling AA or Dack. 

Gally

AA            Dack        Proper winger

• Like 1

Doesnt add up at all really. Attacking midfielder which we dont need. Mid way through a 2 year loan. Quick look online and he has recently in the last 2 weeks been given the number 10 short at his loan club and been on the team photo this week. I think the likes are coincidental. Maybe has a soft spot like Yuri Zhirkov strangely did too!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That’d be a phenomenal window! I live in hope rather than expectation though.

Noticed the Schmidt talk is picking up a bit of traction. Don’t know a great deal, but is he another attacking midfielder? That’s the last area I think we need bodies, out and out wingers are another matter though.

He won’t play out and out wingers. Never has...will be 3 out of Arma, Dack, Gally, BB, Schmidt?, Holtby. Rothwell, Chapman, Vale, Butterworth