BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Butterworth, JRC, Buckley, Travis, Nyambe, Brennan, Wharton, Carter, Vale. 

those young lads will be the mainstay of the club over the next few years. I very much doubt there will be a club in our League who has as many Academy graduates as part of the the First Team squad as we do.

The only two you can say that for certain about are Travis and Nyambe who are already well established in the first team. JRC looks well on the way although I'd say long term if he is going to become a regular he would be better of playing further forward.

None of the other players mentioned have shown anything so far to suggest that they are going to be mainstays over the next few years. Wharton is nearly 23 and you'd have to think if he doesn't make it this season then he isn't going to. Carter played two games and looked well short of the required ability.

Buckley unless he toughens up isn't going to make it and it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years he was playing in League 2 or the National League. Butterworth has just had a very serious injury, suffering one at such a young age it may well damage his progress. 

Brennan and Vale are both teenagers one of which has never played a competitive men's game and the other has played about 10 minutes. They may turn out to be good players but at the moment it is impossible to state with such certainty that they will be mainstays.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

The only two you can say that for certain about are Travis and Nyambe who are already well established in the first team. JRC looks well on the way although I'd say long term if he is going to become a regular he would be better of playing further forward.

None of the other players mentioned have shown anything so far to suggest that they are going to be mainstays over the next few years. Wharton is nearly 23 and you'd have to think if he doesn't make it this season then he isn't going to. Carter played two games and looked well short of the required ability.

Buckley unless he toughens up isn't going to make it and it would surprise me if in a few years he was playing in League 2 or the National League. Butterworth has just had a very serious injury, suffering one at such a young age it may well damage his progress. 

Brennan and Vale are both teenagers one of which has never played a competitive men's game and the other has played about 10 minutes. They may turn out to be good players but at the moment it is impossible to state with such certainty that they will be mainstays.

I've made a prediction. It is fine to disagree. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

13 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Would Schmidt be a loan? Can’t remember his situation...

The last time we went for him was a loan, plays similar role to Dack, The supposedly 10 mill on the table be for Dack and looking at a replacement, Mowbray needs to get it right this window and may gamble selling one player to finish his build, feel if he doesn't might see a new manager in place this time next year and cant blame it on the transition 

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Nobody whatsoever convinced themselves. Read through, as I have just done, nobody on this forum said anything along the lines of being convinced it's a done deal, or even something they totally 100% believe. It's an odd blanket statement to aim at everybody considering nobody has said anything to that effect.

Again, I wrote "convincing themselves" not "convinced". A key difference. And a perfectly reasonable statement to make when I read posts like "Kaminski, Kipre & XYZ would be a great window" meaning a spend of over £3m plus wages, in my opinion highly unlikely given the current situation. 

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Buckley unless he toughens up isn't going to make it and it would surprise me if in a few years he was playing in League 2 or the National League. Butterworth has just had a very serious injury, suffering one at such a young age it may well damage his progress. 

Brennan had top clubs gunning for his signature, could of easily walked, Someone done well to get him to sign new contract and surely 1st opportunities had to sway him back our way

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont think this has been posted. Apologies if it has. A video of Kaminski. Appreciate that it offers little value because it is his best parts so there is no perspective of overall reliability.

Seems to be a very dramatic goalkeeper in terms of loving a camera save, occasionally spilling it back into the danger zone. Also a few penalty saves in there. For quite a few years, I have never really been confident in our keepers saving penalties. Hopefully that could change now.

Loved that looks very good! As you say a little worrying that he often parrys into danger but some great saves there, he looks like he spreads his body well for one on ones and will be a sweeper keeper and his distribution is quick and looks for the atttacker! Arma is going to love him! Looks very promising going on that vid!

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont think this has been posted. Apologies if it has. A video of Kaminski. Appreciate that it offers little value because it is his best parts so there is no perspective of overall reliability.

Seems to be a very dramatic goalkeeper in terms of loving a camera save, occasionally spilling it back into the danger zone. Also a few penalty saves in there. For quite a few years, I have never really been confident in our keepers saving penalties. Hopefully that could change now.

He looks very confident. I think he winked at the camera during one of those mid-air saves. 

24 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

The last time we went for him was a loan, plays similar role to Dack, The supposedly 10 mill on the table be for Dack and looking at a replacement, Mowbray needs to get it right this window and may gamble selling one player to finish his build, feel if he doesn't might see a new manager in place this time next year and cant blame it on the transition 

If there’s £10m on the table I think it’ll be for AA and the links to Hoffman are Rovers sounding out possible replacements for him. His fee is reportedly €5m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

If there’s £10m on the table I think it’ll be for AA and the links to Hoffman are Rovers sounding out possible replacements for him. His fee is reportedly €5m.

I did think of that, But chose Dack as I would prefer to lose him than arma, Reason being we have witnessed life without Dack, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That doesn't seem like value.  Type of player you'd may be take a  punt on at £1-£2 mil - given his age and failure at Brentford.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That doesn't seem like value.  Type of player you'd may be take a  punt on at £1-£2 mil - given his age and failure at Brentford.

Not worth the punt imo. He's done alright in the German second division but last time he played here he was out of shape and struggled with injuries.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Do you think we have enough of a budget to go for Ben Whiteman after we’ve picked up a CB (or 2), 2 GKs and a LB?

Rich Sharpe

@richsharpe89

Replying to

@ruaneythethief

working on a story now that will cover all of that.

Does this mean I’m famous now?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I’m not sure...I just saw a report saying they wanted £5m

11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'd choose Williams.  I'd prefer to lose him over Dack or Armstrong.  We have witnessed life without Williams.

I'd choose Bennett as I'd  like to witness life without him. Unfortunately no-one in their right mind would offer 10m for him, unless it's Zimbabwean dollars.I'm convinced Mowbray has taken the 'not selling anyone' position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Callum Wright a couple of years ago. Everton were also after him but he went to Leicester for a rumoured £1m. 

If you didn't know about the one we've actually sold you're not going to know about the ones rumoured to be interesting other clubs FFS!!!!

FFS, I thought I'd missed another Phil Jones type sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can dress it up any way you like but, IMO, we are not producing quality young players who are smashing down the doors to our first team.

We have Lenihan aged 26 and Travis going on 23 who are decent Championship players holding down places.

As far the rest, let's wait and see.

IMO, our Academy over the years has under performed.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I only wish there was more to be positive about!

Out of those 9 mentioned, I think there will be only 1 regular starter (Travis) under Mowbray with JRC, Buckley and Nyambe in and out.

IMO, we are not producing 'cordon bleu' but 'bread and butter' at best.  This is evidenced by an apparent lack of any PL interest in any of the 'quality' players you refer to coming out of our Academy. 

Plenty to be positive about Mercer. 

Rankin Costello is just coming through, Buckley is developing and we be part of this team going forward, Vale will be good one for the club in the couple of years. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

We sold a player to Leicester?  Sorry, but can't recall - who was it?

As for PL interest, don't recall seeing or hearing about a single offer from a PL club for any of our Academy players - think that's a decent gauge of interest.

At least get your facts right.  If you can find supporting posts (covering say summers of 2017, 2018 and 2019) of me "pronouncing imminent Administration/Liquidation every summer", I'll buy you a pint or whatever your tipple is.  

we sold Callum Wright to Leicester in January 2018 

Its doesn't matter whether Premier League clubs are interested in our players. We are developing players for our team. Yes our team. Thats the all point of having an academy. Our under 18's team beat Man City and Arsenal in games last season. Our under 23's team beat PL teams like Brighton, Southampton, Tottenham, Wolves in games last season. 

Mercer, You have mention this tipping point with Venkys for year after year. So far you haven't right so far, so you bound to be right at some point

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

FFS, I thought I'd missed another Phil Jones type sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can dress it up any way you like but, IMO, we are not producing quality young players who are smashing down the doors to our first team.

We have Lenihan aged 26 and Travis going on 23 who are decent Championship players holding down places.

You asked about Prem interest, not a 'Phil Jones type' sale'? Stop moving the goalposts when you're proved wrong. It just looks bad?

Nyambe, Travis, Lenihan already regulars. JRC, Buckley already established squad players. Butterworth to break through properly this season to join them. That's an excellent quota of Academy lads when compared with every other club in the Championship.

Facts are facts. You're just offering a jaundiced opinion based on nothing of any consequence. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley is developing and we be part of this team going forward,

Not unless he toughens up otherwise within a few years he could quite easily be playing non-league. There a lot of players like Buckley plying their trade down there, players who have come through good academy's are technically good but go missing when it gets physical as they cannot handle that side of the game. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No Mercer it is yourself who is dressing it up in your usual style again. Comparing them Phil Jones is a rare talent or World class exemption players

We are producing good quality young players but you aren't willing to get it time and patience expecting them to first team regular straight away

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Not unless he toughens up otherwise within a few years he could quite easily be playing non-league. There a lot of players like Buckley plying their trade down there, players who have come through good academy's are technically good but go missing when it gets physical as they cannot handle that side of the game. 

He clearly can handle that side of the game. He put his foot in at Fleetwood at few times. Being slight of build doesn't mean he's soft. 

• Like 1