BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

19 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That was me. Mols is twice the player can't understand why he's not been even mentioned in getting a game. Must have turned a drizzle cake down

While I think Buckley is better than Mols, I'm genuinly curious about what you think about him as a player, regards to his strengths etc? The times I've watched him he has always been a 7 of 10. Good energy, decent feet. What is his best position? Seen him played at the wing but strucks me more of an attacking midfielder.

9 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

"The one loan deal that Rovers could consider is a move for long-term target Liam Lindsay, who is out of favour at Stoke City and didn’t feature in their weekend friendly with Burton Albion. However, reports in the national press say Huddersfield Town and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in the 24-year-old Scot."

This paragraph is a reason I love this board...

Half will read that he is out of favour at Stoke and deem him "not good enough for us either". (Samba quote pending)

The other half will see him linked to two rivals in Huddersfield and Sheff Wed and be "furious" if he went to them and we pissed around and didn't pull the trigger on him first. (McGinn quote pending)

?

Or the other option - we should be targeting better than players linked to Huddersfield and Wednesday. Go for the Brighton CB instead who was on loan at Leeds and apparently worth up to £50m...

• Like 1

• Backroom

Funny thing is we are signing Kaminski unless there’s a hitch yet with all the inside info on here and several journos it was a name that not one person mentioned or linked until a foreign twitter account did!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, briansol said:

While I think Buckley is better than Mols, I'm genuinly curious about what you think about him as a player, regards to his strengths etc? The times I've watched him he has always been a 7 of 10. Good energy, decent feet. What is his best position? Seen him played at the wing but strucks me more of an attacking midfielder.

Mols is and was a central midfielder.  Strong, good technique and can drive forward.

Buckley, not my cup of tea.

• Like 2

Blackburn. Ready to snap up young striker Connor McBride. Leaving Celtic. Scottish youth cap.

not sure about this one,celtic are not in the habit of releasing good players and to cap it all apparently he`s a big lad who is physical,mowbray will no doubt see him as a left winger,with gallagher on the right we`ll have two big centre forwards playing wide?,all part of the mowbray tactical masterplan i kid you not

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Blackburn. Ready to snap up young striker Connor McBride. Leaving Celtic. Scottish youth cap.

not sure about this one,celtic are not in the habit of releasing good players and to cap it all apparently he`s a big lad who is physical,mowbray will no doubt see him as a left winger,with gallagher on the right we`ll have two big centre forwards playing wide?,all part of the mowbray tactical masterplan i kid you not

Being signed for the under 23s

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

He's got to be one of the worst finishers in the league.

You only need to compare the finishing ability of Armstrong, Dack and Graham from our own squad (Graham obviously no longer here) against him and he is no where near their level.

Playing him out wide won't help, that's fair enough but he doesn't look like a goalscorer at all.

He looked better and sharper and stronger since lockdown but he has hardly played Centre forward. He is lacking in confidence but his dribbling, link up play and strength has improved I really think if he was to get a goal or two early on he would become more confident and be off to the races.

I really think he could come good with a bit of luck and a run of games as Centre forward. Of course this would need us to play with 2 centre forwards because Arma is the 1st name on the team sheet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

That was me. Mols is twice the player can't understand why he's not been even mentioned in getting a game. Must have turned a drizzle cake down

I watch the 23’s too and disagree that Mols is twice the player Buckley is, but I agree that people who don’t watch youth games shouldn’t shut down your opinion without having the ability to form their own from their own viewing.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Thanks for your opinion pal. But I think I’ll go with the opinions of people who’ve been in the game all their life, the ones who work with him every day and those working for Premier League clubs who watch him regularly and are hugely impressed with him. ??

and they still sign, IMO, sh1te like Brereton and Gallagher to name but two!!!

Many on here would back their judgement against Mowbray, Venus and Lowe and quite rightly so.

• Like 5

Just now, JoeH said:

I watch the 23’s too and disagree that Mols is twice the player Buckley is, but I agree that people who don’t watch youth games shouldn’t shut down your opinion without having the ability to form their own from their own viewing.

Ok fair enough,  but i am puzzled that at 21 he isnt even getting a sniff....like the forgotten one.  I think he's owed a chance at least.  My point is that Buckley is getting more time than he deserves and Mols is getting not a sniff...

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

and they still sign, IMO, sh1te like Brereton and Gallagher to name but two!!!

Many on here would back their judgement against Mowbray, Venus and Lowe and quite rightly so.

Not to mention the treatment of Harrison Reed who i thought was the best player at the club....some in the know preferred Richard Smallwood.....

• Like 9

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Pictures I've seen suggest to me a good meal would kill him!!!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not to mention the treatment of Harrison Reed who i thought was the best player at the club....some in the know preferred Richard Smallwood.....

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sadly, IMO, they are not very good what they do for a living!!!

image.jpeg.734ed518511231dc689bd37f5755ca07.jpeg

Only kidding chaps?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly miss Fisher performance then?

You are obviously clueless about goalkeeping. 2 bad kicks in a game where a lad hasn't played for months. You would rather have Hilton play when he is currently behind an 18 year old. 

Any mention of the throw over half way to set up an attack? Anymention  of the cutting out attacks, ?

Was it his best performance? no clearly not. Maybe you should check the error our new keeper made last season?

Criticism of our young players on the first game back is lame. Get behind them.

Edited by John Siddens
added
  • Like 1

It's a funny thing with young players. I remember reading the programme once when Marlon Broomes was supposed to be the next big thing in the youth team. Even the likes of Alan Shearer was praising him to the skies. I was expecting the next Bobby Moore going off what I read. When I actually saw him play in our first team what I saw was a very average centre back with no real outstanding assets. He wasn't particularly quick, calm under pressure, bone crunching in the tackle, a commanding header of the ball, good distribution off either foot , read the game well etc

He was just deeply average as his subsequent career proved.

Regarding Buckley I'm with Paul Mani, I think there's a player there. I like how he's calm and un-ruffled in possession. Also you don't have to be a giant to win the ball, it's all about speed of foot, judgement and technique. He's about as big as Nobby Stiles was and he wasn't lacking in the ball winning part of the game. A old pal of mine used to play for Stockport Boys and played directly against Nobby several times. He described getting a hard tackle off Nobby was like getting an electric shock up your leg.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, John Siddens said:

You are obviously clueless about goalkeeping. 2 bad kicks in a game where a lad hasn't played for months. You would rather have Hilton play when he is currently behind an 18 year old. 

Any mention of the throw over half way to set up an attack? Anymention  of the cutting out attacks, ?

Was it his best performance? no clearly not. Maybe you should check the error our new keeper made last season?

I thought he did alright.

4 minutes ago, John Siddens said:

Criticism of our young players on the first game back is lame. Get behind them.

Could not agree more. I actually didn't think he played badly. Yeah dodgy pass at the end of the half but if that hadn't happened he looked solid. Although he didn't have a lot to do. 

Eastham looked composed but wasn't really pressured. 

I know how highly rated they both are. I also know how highly MK Dons rated him. Pity Covid got in the way.

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's a funny thing with young players. I remember reading the programme once when Marlon Broomes was supposed to be the next big thing in the youth team. Even the likes of Alan Shearer was praising him to the skies. I was expecting the next Bobby Moore going off what I read. When I actually saw him play in our first team what I saw was a very average centre back with no real outstanding assets. He wasn't particularly quick, calm under pressure, bone crunching in the tackle, a commanding header of the ball, good distribution off either foot , read the game well etc

He was just deeply average as his subsequent career proved.

Regarding Buckley I'm with Paul Mani, I think there's a player there. I like how he's calm and un-ruffled in possession. Also you don't have to be a giant to win the ball, it's all about speed of foot, judgement and technique. He's about as big as Nobby Stiles was and he wasn't lacking in the ball winning part of the game. A old pal of mine used to play for Stockport Boys and played directly against Nobby several times. He described getting a hard tackle off Nobby was like getting an electric shock up your leg.

Marlon Broomes, there's a blast from the past! He was touted as the next big thing. A quick Wiki check and he has his best spell in the Championship with PNE. Finished up at Alrincham and Clitheroe. Last seen working as a Master of Ceremonies at Mitton Hall and now does a bit of scouting.