BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's a keeper, he doesn't need bedding in like outfield positions. Plus we'd be relying on an unfit Fisher or an 18 year otherwise. 

I agree, but I also expect at least somewhat for Mowbray to do what Mowbray does.

15 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Or maybe we'll have a domestic back up keeper signed for free or on loan by the start of the season too and he can play the first couple of games...

Maybe but even so my point still stands because it shouldn't have come to this where is the real planning ?

We might be better just risking it with a rookie for a few games than signing another duffer because we are desperate. What use another Leutwiler when they can't displace the likes of Walton.

Edited by tomphil

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Kaminski doesn't have to have trained with the 1st team to play for the 1st team. If he's our No 1 and he's fit he'll more than likely play against Bournemouth.

If he is quarantined he will have to stay in a hotel for two weeks will he not? I read that as no training or contact with other people. And then there is Mowbrays famed integration policy.......

Find it a little strange considering he is a 27 goalkeeper so coming into his supposed peak in the next few years and also for a player costing a fee coming from abroad that we are signing him initially on only a 2 year deal.

Lets hope we get our arses in gear and get some other transfers wrapped up this week. With only 2 further weeks after this week until the new season and with the added curveball if any foreign signings needing to isolate.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Find it a little strange considering he is a 27 goalkeeper so coming into his supposed peak in the next few years and also for a player costing a fee coming from abroad that we are signing him initially on only a 2 year deal.

Lets hope we get our arses in gear and get some other transfers wrapped up this week. With only 2 further weeks after this week until the new season and with the added curveball if any foreign signings needing to isolate.

It's 2 years with the option of a third in the club's favour

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

With Kaminski landing things are looking up. If we could get Cunningham and Kipre plus an experienced CB and a promising GK that would be a very good window compared to what I expected a week ago.

Suggested in the Lancashire Telegraph that Kipre is too dear because we cant afford 7 figure fees.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

So we are on course to start the season with a rookie kid between the sticks ?

Quarantine etc can't be helped but unless we get someone else in i'll stress again it's a very poor show from the management.

Hopefully this lad settles in quickly and everyone gives him a chance.

I disagree we are living in pretty much unprecedented times to blame the manager for a situation  not under his control is wrong. What in your opinion should he have done signed someone he does not want as much so he could play in the carabo cup. Tbh i dont care single jot for the cups this year just extra games I'd have scrapped them all this season.

Edited by Beanie01289
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Still a target, and with admin and not yet finding a buyer and needing to raise money you'd hope that it will reduce down to something affordable.

True, but I suspect the fee would have to drop a lot, and surely teams who can offer more will still beat us to it.

Not sure he is Premier League worthy at this stage, would have been a good signing for us but on a tight budget I suspect we may have to look elsewhere. Hopefully we can get someone in before the weekend, although I would be pleasantly surprised.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure he is Premier League worthy at this stage

Definitely not. Don't get the hype personally. Would take pretty much any Championship quality defender at this point for Rovers, but talks of PL interest around Kipre baffle me. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

True, but I suspect the fee would have to drop a lot, and surely teams who can offer more will still beat us to it.

Not sure he is Premier League worthy at this stage, would have been a good signing for us but on a tight budget I suspect we may have to look elsewhere. Hopefully we can get someone in before the weekend, although I would be pleasantly surprised.

Just now, JoeH said:

Definitely not. Don't get the hype personally. Would take pretty much any Championship quality defender at this point for Rovers, but talks of PL interest around Kipre baffle me. 

Cheapish for a prem team to take him at 1.5m if he provides even just cover then he will have been worth it at prem level.

• Like 1

Wonder if Wigan would be interested in signing Derrick Williams or Charlie Mulgrew? We could involve either in a player plus cash swap deal for Cédric Kipré, and both have valuable experience getting a team up from League One to the Championship.

Hell, offer both in swap for the lad, Wigan only have 15 players of 1st team pedigree on the books. They might need the numbers.

Granted wages could be a stumbling block (see Mulgrew with Portsmouth).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Wonder if Wigan would be interested in signing Derrick Williams or Charlie Mulgrew? We could involve either in a player plus cash swap deal for Cédric Kipré, and both have valuable experience getting a team up from League One to the Championship.

Hell, offer both in swap for the lad, Wigan only have 15 players of 1st team pedigree on the books. They might need the numbers.

Think they need the cash tbh.

6 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I think both of those two will be on more than the likes of Wigan are prepared to pay in the current circumstances.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Suggested in the Lancashire Telegraph that Kipre is too dear because we cant afford 7 figure fees.

Quite possible it's just misdirection.Club does like everyone else being in the dark about our targets. Kipre and Cunningham would be cheaper alternatives to those I'm about to suggest. I can't really see Cardiff letting us have Cunningham for free.

Suppose and I say suppose we signed the following players on what they were on before:

Westwood GK(30kpw), Brad Smith LB(25kpw, Van Der Hoorn (R)CB(15kpw) and Ayala (L)CB (25kpw) and throw in Kaminiski on say 12kpw and that's our wage saving eliminated and a new centre back partnership. Obviously, we couldn't bring in Martin (CF), assuming we wanted to, without lowering those wages by at least a third. We might get Schmidt for £500k, though I doubt it.

We could fund Whiteman (£2m) by selling Williams to one of DC United or LA Galaxy who were rumoured to be ready to put a bid in back in March this year. I don't think I''ll get any support for Williams being sold for £2M. So Whiteman will stay a Mowbray dream.

Hopefully, Kaminski passes his medical.

11 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Logically they could afford neither, particularly Williams. Anyway, Mulgrew left there last season because things didn't work out. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a 2 year contract with the club option of third season. 

What length of contract would you like to see? 

I imagine we will make couple more signings before the start of the season then a couple more before of the 16th October deadline