BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

Fake news alert another one saying people have demanded to know what the budget is,constantly. I'm not sure how Klopp would know Blackburn Rovers has £150m to spend. I know Ahsan Ali Syed pledged to invest £300m into Blackburn Rovers football club that he didn't have and subsequently bankrupted a Spanish club. Now an upset Bruce announcing he;'s only 20m to spend is something I can envisage.

Of course not!  Since Mowbray said he didn't have clarity on the budget, I and others would like Mowbray to make an announcement when he has clarity on the budget. We're not goingto have to pull a Charlton and occupy Ewood Park to find out if Mowbray has clarity,are we?

So what happens we call a presser where Tony walks in sits down and says " I have clarity" gets up and walks out. I think as we are buying a keeper and have bid for others then he has a budget that's all we really should know.

• Like 1

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

So what happens we call a presser where Tony walks in sits down and says " I have clarity" gets up and walks out. I think as we are buying a keeper and have bid for others then he has a budget that's all we really should know.

What if he says 'I have Claret Tony and he dies if Burnley don't give us Tarkowski for free?' 

Shit's getting real. 

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What if he says 'I have Claret Tony and he dies if Burnley don't give us Tarkowski for free?' 

Shit's getting real. 

Then hopefully Tarkowski comes home on a free and it's one less CB to worry about. We I guess would have a police investigation to contend with but I really want a new CB 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lenihan called into the Ireland squad for Kennys first games. 1 of 3 center halves with Egan and Duffy. Looks like he is being primed to be 3rd choice. Big season coming up for him. Moved ahead of a few guys in the Pl who aren't starters and with Keogh and O'Shea out of it now, potential is there to really push on now. Can only be good for us! 

Duffy seems to be out of favour at Brighton. In the past other managers have told their players to quietly " have a word " with other players on International call up. I think we lost a few that way.

23 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski facts:

• Has to quarantine for 2-weeks.
  • Cannot perform a Brockhall based medical
  • EFL rules allow for private medical to take place outside of club
  • Medical could have taken place in Belgium before flight over
  • Earliest date he can train/play is 8th September, a matter of days before Bournemouth

Given all of this, you'd have to say it must be the plan to bring a Number 2 in before our first League match.

What about this elite athlete exemption that the club applied for?Has that been turned down?

16 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Fake news alert: another one saying people have demanded to know what the budget is,constantly. I'm not sure how Klopp would know Blackburn Rovers has £150m to spend. I know Ahsan Ali Syed pledged to invest £300m into Blackburn Rovers football club that he didn't have and subsequently bankrupted a Spanish club. Now an upset Bruce announcing he;'s only 20m to spend is something I can envisage.

Of course not!  Since Mowbray said he didn't have clarity on the budget, I and others would like Mowbray to make an announcement when he has clarity on the budget. We're not goingto have to pull a Charlton and occupy Ewood Park to find out if Mowbray has clarity,are we?

Also thought as it was klopp if he said WE have 150m to spend it might be rightfully expected that the we in the situation was not Blackburn 

15 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Tbh with the kipre thing do you not find it odd some guy on twitter says its us we talk about it for a bit then spurious articles spring up linking us there by solidifying it as genuine interest in some places where in fact it's just a random on twitter.

Laughable really isn’t it... I remember once seeing someone try and prove that exact point and tweeting that Jordan Rhodes was on his way to Benfica for a medical and 2 hours later it was on every Rovers facebook group as well as some twitter sites and even got mentioned in the Lancs Telegraph. He had 50 followers at the time and put a solitary screenshot in the rovers facebook group and it just took off.

1773DBC1-5381-4EEF-9F64-E7730FE407B9.png

Edited by Mellor Rover

41 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

We have taken it in a weird route on here with constantly demanding for our budget to be announced. Which by the way I've not seen anyone else do ever. Unless I miss all the press conferences where klopp announces we have 150m to spend or an upset bruce reveals only a 20m summer budget

A minority of people (who are wrong to expect that) want the actual budget publically released. Most criticism was about the usual delays because of Venkys and that Mowbray didnt know his budget.

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So Kaminski has to quarantine for 2 weeks but Liverpool don't even tho they had a Confirmed Covid-19 case? 

Let's hope we get exemption for him. If he has been regular tested in Belgium then surely he wouldnt need to self isolated for 14 days?

Harry Kane was denied an exemption so I dont think weve got a chance.

Unsure on the rules regarding Liverpool but presume it is different because the whole squad has gone together, or maybe because of where they have gone, is it Austria?

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A minority of people (who are wrong to expect that) want the actual budget publically released. Most criticism was about the usual delays because of Venkys and that Mowbray didnt know his budget.

Unsure on the rules regarding Liverpool but presume it is different because the whole squad has gone together, or maybe because of where they have gone, is it Austria?

I get that there is frustration in people when he says about not knowing the budget but the fact is we are bidding on players and if the whiteman storys are true have been for a bit that he has had clarification on the budget as fans unfortunately that is all we quite rightly get. 

5 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

I get that there is frustration in people when he says about not knowing the budget but the fact is we are bidding on players and if the whiteman storys are true have been for a bit that he has had clarification on the budget as fans unfortunately that is all we quite rightly get. 

The Whiteman rumour doesnt add up, we apparently cant afford a 7 figure fee, and Whiteman would cost over 2m.

It seems only in the last week that we have become active.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As an aside, how tiresome have transfer windows now become! Not even the ITK wannabes which have always existed, its the repeated "Announce Kaminski" messages under every tweet and status, and people tracking player movements. Look at the below regarding Arsenal who are signing Gabriel from Lille. People have been done for stalking for less.

Not sure where the "Announce player" thing came from but its tiresome. 

Rovers aren't the only fans that do it, all football clubs have fans that do. 

Not sure why people do it but then again, I think I'm past trying to figure out why most people do what they do on social media.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The squad have gone away to Austria and had a confirm Covid-19 case so the rest of players could have been infected plus they have 2 friendlies to play. So how the hell is fair or logical? 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The Whiteman rumour doesnt add up, we apparently cant afford a 7 figure fee, and Whiteman would cost over 2m.

It seems only in the last week that we have become active.

We been looking, talking to agents and clubs for a number of weeks I would imagine. 

Supposedly we have met Whiteman face to face. where this meeting took place I dont. 

33 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Can't imagine Mowbray just holding a press conference to only do that,but, hey, it's Mowbray. I was expecting Sharpe to ask the question 'Do you now have clarity on the budget?' I guess I was expecting too much from Rich Sharpe.

When we use 'we', we mean Blackburn Rovers. When you use 'we', you mean some other team. Okay, glad we got that sorted.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The squad have gone away to Austria and had a confirm Covid-19 case so the rest of players could have been infected plus they have 2 friendlies to play. So how the hell is fair or logical? 

We been looking, talking to agents and clubs for a number of weeks I would imagine. 

Supposedly we have met Whiteman face to face. where this meeting took place I dont. 

Is Austria a country that requires a 2 week quarantine?

Not saying whats fair and whats not fair, just that it seems certain that Kaminski will need to quarantine.

As I said, seems illogical that there was ever anything in the Whiteman rumour.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Is Austria a country that requires a 2 week quarantine?

Not saying whats fair and whats not fair, just that it seems certain that Kaminski will need to quarantine.

As I said, seems illogical that there was ever anything in the Whiteman rumour.

Did Liverpool return to UK before the present quarantine restrictions applied ?