BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Can't imagine Mowbray just holding a press conference to only do that,but, hey, it's Mowbray. I was expecting Sharpe to ask the question 'Do you now have clarity on the budget?' I guess I was expecting too much from Rich Sharpe.

When we use 'we', we mean Blackburn Rovers. When you use 'we', you mean some other team. Okay, glad we got that sorted.

I think to be fair, he replied numerous times to people saying that he could just not get anything back from either Mowbray or Waggott, who then went on holiday.

Waggott seemingly still hasnt fed anything back on, well any issue at all.

1 minute ago, Beanie01289 said:

Not sure how that implies we have not put in offers for him.

Because he seemingly is not remotely within our budget.

2 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

I disagree we are living in pretty much unprecedented times to blame the manager for a situation  not under his control is wrong. What in your opinion should he have done signed someone he does not want as much so he could play in the carabo cup. Tbh i dont care single jot for the cups this year just extra games I'd have scrapped them all this season.

I don't think you've taken into account the bigger picture that's been debated relentlessly on here. The fact this keeper situation has been on the cards for a long time way before the lockdown.

Silly response really to a valid point when i'd already said certain things can't be helped. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think to be fair, he replied numerous times to people saying that he could just not get anything back from either Mowbray or Waggott, who then went on holiday.

So you don't bid less than the selling club want to  gauge interest you just put in exactly what they asked for can I sell you my car please.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Austria a country that requires a 2 week quarantine?

Not saying whats fair and whats not fair, just that it seems certain that Kaminski will need to quarantine.

As I said, seems illogical that there was ever anything in the Whiteman rumour.

Yes Austria is on the list. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do any other clubs managers get so many questions about the budget? Like Mowbray does

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, rigger said:

Did Liverpool return to UK before the present quarantine restrictions applied ?

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Sensible decision. Cheers for clearing the air on that one!

On another note, happy birthday to Tugay, 50 years young today and could still have that ball on a piece of string. Thanks for the memories! 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't think you've taken into account the bigger picture that's been debated relentlessly on here. The fact this keeper situation has been on the cards for a long time way before the lockdown.

Silly response really to a valid point when i'd already said certain things can't be helped. 

We have signed the keeper he wants now it's bad planning the keeper situation will have been sorted. The fact that he has to quarantine for 14 days really doesn't matter it is what it is 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Liverpool have been given a pass on quarantine rules due to playing games in Austria and aren't back in the uk on Wednesday. So cos Kaminski has been playing games in Belgium surely.he would given the same pass on quarantine rules

Just let him quarantine for me we have signed a keeper 14 days is not the end of the world of he has covid then the results could be much worse 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would prefer to sign a good keeper who has to quarantine v a bad one who doesn't! A lad on loan now from a PL team and we are laughing. 

Cant see a team loaning us a keeper to sit on the bench. Suspect an experienced freebie is the best bet. Maybe someone like Rob Elliott? Someone competent because obviously weve taken a worthwile and calculated gamble going for Kaminski but if it doesnt work as well as we hope, at least we have a competent alternative.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Austria is on the list. 

Do any other clubs managers get so many questions about the budget? Like Mowbray does

Ive no idea then. Either way, Kaminski will need to isolate, thats the key.

And Ive no idea, presumably all local reporters ask the same question of other managers. Ultimately I dont care.  Our manager specifically repeated that he didnt know his budget, so theres scope for questioning until he does know. Plus I presume you are being purposely naive but this is Venkys we are dealing with. They always take ages sorting out the budget.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

We have signed the keeper he wants now it's bad planning the keeper situation will have been sorted. The fact that he has to quarantine for 14 days really doesn't matter it is what it is 

Again missing the point for the sake of it, you've no idea what's behind this keeper signing. If you'd actually read posts back you'd see i and plenty others are cautiously pleased with this potential signing.

Doesn't take away the fact there are still concerns regarding the ongoing keeper situation. If you can't grasp that it's your problem but don't come bothering me with sarcasm for the sake of it. Either debate it and except others opinions or scroll post.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Liverpool have been given a pass on quarantine rules due to playing games in Austria and aren't back in the uk on Wednesday. So cos Kaminski has been playing games in Belgium surely.he would given the same pass on quarantine rules

It is one rule for some and one rule for others.

If you are the mighty Liverpool and Klopp wants to take his players away he can do so with exemptions being allowed. You can also bet that if he wants to sign someone from a quarantine country that will be allowed without quarantine too.

Hard not to get the impression that the plebs have to obey one set of rules and the elites another. Government, media, sportsmen all ok, average joes on the street not. 

I wouldn't get worked up about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Kaminski facts:

• Has to quarantine for 2-weeks.
  • Cannot perform a Brockhall based medical
  • EFL rules allow for private medical to take place outside of club
  • Medical could have taken place in Belgium before flight over
  • Earliest date he can train/play is 8th September, a matter of days before Bournemouth

Given all of this, you'd have to say it must be the plan to bring a Number 2 in before our first League match.

So he could play against Everton, a free trial.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you are the mighty Liverpool and Klopp wants to take his players away he can do so with exemptions being allowed. You can also bet that if he wants to sign someone from a quarantine country that will be allowed without quarantine too.

Hard not to get the impression that the plebs have to obey one set of rules and the elites another. Government, media, sportsmen all ok, average joes on the street not. 

I wouldn't get worked up about it.

To be fair, Harry Kane had to miss Saturdays game for Tottenham to isolate so that doesnt fit that theory as surely the England captain would be exempt if anyone!

Maybe there is a genuine reason or loophole.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant see a team loaning us a keeper to sit on the bench. Suspect an experienced freebie is the best bet. Maybe someone like Rob Elliott? Someone competent because obviously weve taken a worthwile and calculated gamble going for Kaminski but if it doesnt work as well as we hope, at least we have a competent alternative.

And Ive no idea, presumably all local reporters ask the same question of other managers. Ultimately I dont care.  Our manager specifically repeated that he didnt know his budget, so theres scope for questioning until he does know. Plus I presume you are being purposely naive but this is Venkys we are dealing with. They always take ages sorting out the budget.

Ya, good shout. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Exactly. 

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Our manager specifically repeated that he didnt know his budget, 

He doesn't tho if Liverpool are given a free pass cos they are playing games. Kaminski has been playing games in Belgium this season so surely he will or come be given a free pass?

Or it is One rules Liverpool and another for the rest?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly. 

He doesn't tho if Liverpool are given a free pass cos they are playing games. Kaminski has been playing games in Belgium this season so surely he will or come be given a free pass?

Or it is One rules Liverpool and another for the rest?

That seems the most likely, yep

• Like 1