BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It is one rule for some and one rule for others.

If you are the mighty Liverpool and Klopp wants to take his players away he can do so with exemptions being allowed. You can also bet that if he wants to sign someone from a quarantine country that will be allowed without quarantine too.

Hard not to get the impression that the plebs have to obey one set of rules and the elites another. Government, media, sportsmen all ok, average joes on the street not. 

I wouldn't get worked up about it.

This is LITERALLY the framework that is in place...it IS one rule for one & another for the rest of us...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-cross-border-competition-guidance

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly. 

He doesn't tho if Liverpool are given a free pass cos they are playing games. Kaminski has been playing games in Belgium this season so surely he will or come be given a free pass?

Or it is One rules Liverpool and another for the rest?

Like I said, I am not sure that the inferiority complex necessarily fits here, not without all of the information or knowledge of all of the rules. Seems that because it is not an individual and is the whole team going to play a match or matches, it is ok.

Harry Kane is England captain and he has had to isolate, surely he would get special treatment if it was a case of that?

Either way, even if it turns out that Liverpool have got special treatment, it doesnt change that Kaminski will need to isolate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@Tugayisgod wrote:Happy 50th birthday Tugay, Rovers legend. Thanks for the memories. ??

Imagine our players learning howto pass from Tugay.

Wonder if Stevie G. has found his way back into the ground yet after THAT step over against Liverpool ???

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Again missing the point for the sake of it, you've no idea what's behind this keeper signing. If you'd actually read posts back you'd see i and plenty others are cautiously pleased with this potential signing.

Doesn't take away the fact there are still concerns regarding the ongoing keeper situation. If you can't grasp that it's your problem but don't come bothering me with sarcasm for the sake of it. Either debate it and except others opinions or scroll post.

What do you mean I have no idea what's behind this keeper signing we need a keeper we have signed one I honestly dont know what you are getting at that their might be something behind it.

It's not really an ongoing keeper situation if he turns out to be good is it.

Edited by Beanie01289

51 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Happy 50th birthday Tugay, Rovers legend. Thanks for the memories. ??

That Basel goal is still my favourite goal that I've seen live. The chest, the touch, the casual stroll forwards before just floating it into the top corner.

*chef's kiss*

It makes me sad to think that I'll likely never see a player of that calibre again at the club.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

What do you mean I have no idea what's behind this keeper signing we need a keeper we have signed one I honestly dont know what you are getting at that their might be something behind it.

It's not really an ongoing keeper situation if he turns out to be good is it.

Don't waste my time.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Don't waste my time.

You ask me to grasp some kind of ongoing keeper situation what is it.

We had Raya he wanted to leave we sold him. Replacing him with Walton not the best not the worst. Hes gone we have signed a keeper on a perm deal and are looking to bring in another I just want to know what you mean we dont know whats behind this keeper signing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Like I said, I am not sure that the inferiority complex necessarily fits here, not without all of the information or knowledge of all of the rules. Seems that because it is not an individual and is the whole team going to play a match or matches, it is ok.

Harry Kane is England captain and he has had to isolate, surely he would get special treatment if it was a case of that?

Either way, even if it turns out that Liverpool have got special treatment, it doesnt change that Kaminski will need to isolate.

Plus it could have been anyone involved with the Liverpool team as far as I know. So like a driver who had minimum contact with the players. As you say, if Kane didn't get special treatment, there is obviously more to it than we wd know with regards Liverpool. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

You ask me to grasp some kind of ongoing keeper situation what is it.

We had Raya he wanted to leave we sold him. Replacing him with Walton not the best not the worst. Hes gone we have signed a keeper on a perm deal and are looking to bring in another I just want to know what you mean we dont know whats behind this keeper signing.

I don't know why you are papping on about it. 

Have we been scouting him since Raya left or has his name just dropped and we've gone for it ?

Like i said go back and read the thread instead of jumping into posts trying to start a row. Of course there's not been an ongoing keeper situation, i mean it's not the second late close season in succession we've been scrabbling around for TWO senior keepers is it.

Poor planning but hopefully we'll come out of it ok, that's my final word on it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plus it could have been anyone involved with the Liverpool team as far as I know. So like a driver who had minimum contact with the players. As you say, if Kane didn't get special treatment, there is obviously more to it than we wd know with regards Liverpool. 

Harry Kane was on holiday not with his club who would be monitoring his tests etc.

Our new goalkeeper may not have to isolate,the club have applied for an exemption according to sky sports news.

He has been playing games and tested every week so if fairs fair then he shouldn't have to isolate, like Liverpool

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Seem to remember that there were some rumblings about Williams going to the MLS a while back, maybe they've resurfaced?

Agree with those who're saying he's perfectly serviceable backup, but if he wants to go then there's nothing gained in standing in his way.

Serviceable but lacked the most important element of any defender - reliability.

Always had a mistake in him, often in terms of positioning.

Inconsistent and, uneven performances so just on that basis, he deserves to be let go. 

You are only as good as your weakest player. Sadly, there's a bullet-shaped hole in his football boot..

Edited by Tabula Rasa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

But Harry Kane wasn't playing sport for his team and being tested, he was on Holiday which is very and completely different to Thomas Kaminski who has been playing and testing. So if Liverpool are exempt from the rules then our player should be? 

Liverpool shouldn't be given any special treatment. They have a confirmed covid case in their squad, we haven't so far. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, RTM08 said:

That Basel goal is still my favourite goal that I've seen live. The chest, the touch, the casual stroll forwards before just floating it into the top corner.

*chef's kiss*

It makes me sad to think that I'll likely never see a player of that calibre again at the club.

A master!

Should be shown every day at Brockhall - if those 10 strikes  don't inspire, nothing will.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RTM08 said:

*chef's kiss*

I prefer the spurs Volley. He is one of the best players I've seen here along with Shearer and Dunn here

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Elliott Bennett?

that's was last season. I was talking since of the start of pre season training. 

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Laughable really isn’t it... I remember once seeing someone try and prove that exact point and tweeting that Jordan Rhodes was on his way to Benfica for a medical and 2 hours later it was on every Rovers facebook group as well as some twitter sites and even got mentioned in the Lancs Telegraph. He had 50 followers at the time and put a solitary screenshot in the rovers facebook group and it just took off.

1773DBC1-5381-4EEF-9F64-E7730FE407B9.png

People believe what they want to believe.

That's what I believe anyway.

And if you believe that... :D:D:D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm surprised you'd class Dunn as being up there.

Shearer, Duff and Friedel would be my top three.

Le Saux, probably the best LB we've seen in an age

Shearer undoubtably top striker, followed by Garner, Bellamy, Benni and Roque

Batty was seriously under rated and probably the best CM we've had in 25 years, after the Turkish delight, obviously

Friedel enough said.

• Like 2