BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Come on surely Tugay is number two after Shearer. Thought Duff was great, but Tugay was next level.

Well its obviously subjective and not really 'proveable' as such but I would pick Shearer, Duff and Friedel because I honestly think that when at Rovers they were the best in their position in the world at that time. Tugay was world-class, undoubtedly and I loved the little fella, but next level from Duff? No, I don't think so.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

Morgan Gibbs-White is an unreal signing for Swansea. Will be one of the best midfielders in the league I reckon.

Now that is a good signing based on what I've seen of him. However, I'd have thought he'd have been in and around the Wolves 1st team by now, maybe his development has stalled?

1 hour ago, Tabula Rasa said:

Serviceable but lacked the most important element of any defender - reliability.

Always had a mistake in him, often in terms of positioning.

Inconsistent and, uneven performances so just on that basis, he deserves to be let go. 

You are only as good as your weakest player. Sadly, there's a bullet-shaped hole in his football boot..

Fair enough, wouldn't disagree that he has made his fair share of mistakes at both left back & centre half. In retrospect, it's easy to see why his best form came in a back three at Bristol City. Ultimately though, he'll need replacing and that won't be all that straightforward at present. You could still argue that he is our best left back (admittedly not saying very much) and even allowing for a new centre back, Williams is second choice. He's one of a group of players that we have who you definitely wouldn't want to see making 20-30 appearances a season, but is a good player to have to fill in when necessary. 

I still think that if we've got a semi-decent offer for him, or if he actively wants to go, there's no point in keeping him, but I wouldn't be rushing him out the door either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm surprised Dack is still 6 weeks away. I thought he would be fit for the start of the season ? I get not rushing players, but it would be great to have him in asap

Kipre and Cunningham next please. Both on perms would be just swell! 

I think he will only miss potentially 4 games, then there is a 2 game break before the Forest game at Home on the 17th October. Which is the weekend Preston have mentioned getting fans in all being well. Sadly Rovers have been dismal with communication as always but it would be great if there was a possibility of fans allowed back in, and Dack back for that game,

I think you might be dreaming with that second sentence sadly! Seems like we cannot afford especially Kipre.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm surprised Dack is still 6 weeks away. I thought he would be fit for the start of the season ? I get not rushing players, but it would be great to have him in asap

Kipre and Cunningham next please. Both on perms would be just swell! 

Was also disappointed to hear this but considering we weren’t expecting him back until around Christmas I’ll still take it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TruRover said:

Morgan Gibbs-White is an unreal signing for Swansea. Will be one of the best midfielders in the league I reckon.

Cracking signing.

If he plays to full potential they will be in the running for promotion.

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Any chance you could screenshot that article as I cant read it.Thanks if you can 

Keeper should sign in the next 48 hours.

Mowbray wants another keeper, 2 CB's and a left back.

Doesn't see the need for another striker.

Hope's Downing will re-sign.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sounds like we are very tight financially. Hopefully more than just Kaminski will come in this week.

The problem now if we sign Downing is that he will have missed pre season.

But yet we want another 4 signings. Can't be that's tight as you suggest

That's why we should withdraw the contract from him as it's another Rodwell situation all over another. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think he will only miss potentially 4 games, then there is a 2 game break before the Forest game at Home on the 17th October. Which is the weekend Preston have mentioned getting fans in all being well. Sadly Rovers have been dismal with communication as always but it would be great if there was a possibility of fans allowed back in, and Dack back for that game,

I think you might be dreaming with that second sentence sadly! Seems like we cannot afford especially Kipre.

We arent just going bring him back into the 1st team squad. 

He will need a couple of 23's games at least. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We arent just going bring him back into the 1st team squad. 

He will need a couple of 23's games at least. 

“He needs another two or three weeks and then maybe we can arrange some games behind closed doors for him.

“Another month, six weeks, maybe he’ll be back into the team.”

So in 3 weeks he can fully train and start playing friendlies etc. That Forest game is in close to 8 weeks, and Mowbray said in a month to 6 weeks, maybe he can be back in the team. Hardly an unrealistic ambition.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

4 is so many without him though! Going off videos he posted I was assuming he would make game 1. Ah what can ya do 

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sounds like we are very tight financially. Hopefully more than just Kaminski will come in this week.

The problem now if we sign Downing is that he will have missed pre season.

Sounds to me that Downing has rejected our offer and that Mowbray may go back with a better deal if theres anything left