BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lots of players are. You need to remember to most of them it's just a job, they have no more loyalty to a particular club than you have to your place of work. You couldn't fault his effort or ability on the pitch.

Not every player slags off the club that's given him a fat contract. He's a cock. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I couldn't care less. It's what they do when they pull on the shirt that matters to me. We have the reverse of that at the moment. Badge kissers who put in about 25% of the effort Batty did.

When he played for Leeds he deliberately gave away a penalty because his dad was giving him shit. At Rovers he had a fight with Le Saux and embarrassed the club. He's a cock. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

David Batty slagged us off in his book, the club and it's fanbase. Said we weren't a passionate club like Leeds and Newcastle, something like that. 

He's a cock. 

Thats hardly a rare opinion of our fanbase though is it?

I think I may be in the minority here but I genuinely believe Ben Brereton will turn out to be a great player. 

He looks a complete different player post lockdown, it is clear to see that the only thing he is lacking is confidence in front of goal. 

I believe when that goal comes he won't look back. 

He looks stronger, quicker and glides with the ball. 

Keep the faith! 

• Like 3

Just now, ChickenBolty said:

I think I may be in the minority here but I genuinely believe Ben Brereton will turn out to be a great player. 

He looks a complete different player post lockdown, it is clear to see that the only thing he is lacking is confidence in front of goal. 

I believe when that goal comes he won't look back. 

He looks stronger, quicker and glides with the ball. 

Keep the faith! 

He looks bigger, stronger and quicker. But when he fell over with the goal at his mercy last season it kind of summed up his career at Rovers. Hopefully it changes but he seems destined to be another of our £7m striker flops. 

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Total nonsense though.

Conflating raw numbers (that one club big cities like those two should have) with passion.

As soon as any player, fan, pundit comes out with anything like that you know they are thick cretins with very little knowledge of anything outside of their blinkered existence.

Standard patronizing football claptrap, when Batty signed signed he praised the club, town and fanbase as being very similar to Leeds just not as big. Midway through his time here he seemed to get a bee in his bonnet and take a dislike to everything and since he retired the way he's totally shunned the game & clubs that probably made him a millionaire shows the oddball he is.

A competitive, handy dirty little shit to have on your side but never in a million years a great player.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Total nonsense though.

Conflating raw numbers (that one club big cities like those two should have) with passion.

But it's not exactly untrue is it, especially in the modern era. Our attendance in numbers, fine, that's just numerical and I agree that figures like that don't equal passion, but come on, we all know what Ewood is like.

Having been to many an away ground over the past few seasons, we have one of the most boring and mild tempered atmospheres in the EFL. Not helped by the split of more passionate fans due to the Darwen End debacle, but still the issue remains, Ewood on most match days is like a library, and the atmosphere we saw against Bardford in that League One season, where everyone's high on the game and getting involved and being passionate, is the kind of atmosphere you'll get at a Newcastle game every other week.

I know it's not always been that way, but nobody could genuinely object to the statement that we have a pretty naff atmosphere at the minute.

Edited by JoeH

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was never a Sherwood fan, it would be Batty every day for me.

That's fair enough. We all have our opinions, I wasn't arguing yours just putting mine forward. Like Mowbray has his opinion on Gallagher which differs from 90% of the people on this message board. Sadly, as the manager, his is the one that counts. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure if people saw Roy Keane name his toughest opponents. He had Viera and Zidane , then in no particular order Gary Speed, Rob Lee and David Batty. 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-legends-roy-keane-names-the-five-toughest-opponents-in-his-career-20200806

What no Tim Sherwood ?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

But it's not exactly untrue is it, especially in the modern era. Our attendance in numbers, fine, that's just numerical and I agree that figures like that don't equal passion, but come on, we all know what Ewood is like.

Having been to many an away ground over the past few seasons, we have one of the most boring and mild tempered atmospheres in the EFL. Not helped by the split of more passionate fans due to the Darwen End debacle, but still the issue remains, Ewood on most match days is like a library, and the atmosphere we saw against Bardford in that League One season, where everyone's high on the game and getting involved and being passionate, is the kind of atmosphere you'll get at a Newcastle game every other week.

I know it's not always been that way, but nobody could genuinely object to the statement that we have a pretty naff atmosphere at the minute.

Batty was talking about Rovers in the mid-90's when he played for us, not now. So your point is moot. 

Plenty of passion in those days at the best club in the land. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Newcastle is usually silent, one of the biggest myths going about ‘52,000 screaming Geordies’. They gave 10,000 STs away for free last season as their fans had walked away.

No club has fans any more ‘passionate’ than any other. Is Joe Bloggs, Newcastle fan more passionate than Joe Harvey, Rovers fan?

And it certainly wasn’t the case in the 90s, which is Batty’s terms of reference...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

That's fair enough. We all have our opinions, I wasn't arguing yours just putting mine forward. Like Mowbray has his opinion on Gallagher which differs from 90% of the people on this message board. Sadly, as the manager, his is the one that counts. 

Of course, that's what footballs all about. We all have our different opinions. That's fair enough in my book. Everybody gets it wrong sometimes. For example I thought  David Bentley was going to be a bad signing. Obviously I was badly wrong the first time but right the second time.