BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, briansol said:

I actually saw Brewster and Vale matchup last year, when the U23 went to Anfield and gave Liverpool a lesson. Vale led the line superbly with hold-up play and intelligent running while Brewster was in Tyler Magloire's pocket all game. Butterworth was the star player that night and the Liverpool commentators was certain that he would become a PL player. Also seen Vale give 30 mill pound Mangala of Man City the run-around.

Vale certainly has potential and I agree that a 19/20 year old can make an impact. A much better option than keeping Samuel around for sure. I know the coaches worked with his confidence when he was younger. 

don`t forget though he`s working with a manager and coaches who ultimately will mess him up,they won`t let him play his own game and will shoe him in anywhere,when it does`nt work out he`ll be put back in the u23`s and stagnate,it pains me to say it but any young player with potential needs to get out of the club as quick as possible,mowbray,lowe and venus can`t get the best out of anyone imo,i think their man management is awful,the only reason armstrong started scoring is because dack was injured,if dack was playing armstrong would be stuck out wide,unhappily wide as well

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Millwall after Scott Hogan. Him and Ryan Woods on loan - now that's putting the loan market to proper use - not borrowing untried kids from academies.

A fully fit Scott Hogan scores goals in this league that’s for sure. 

3 minutes ago, alex l said:

Be extremely surprised. Works out at less than 58k per week, which in turn isn't even 10 players on 6k per week. 

Just what I’ve been told lad who I know goes brockhall every now and again. Spot on with what he told me about Downing and Graham both leaving 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree but is he going to be fully fit ? He's had his share of injury problems in the last couple of seasons.

Yeah he is, if we didn’t have Arma up top I’d have taken a risk on Hogan though to be fair. As long as we keep Armstrong fit all season we’ve got a chance, if he was to get injured we’d be fooked.

32 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

That’s what I’m told

Thanks for sharing this info

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Millwall after Scott Hogan. Him and Ryan Woods on loan - now that's putting the loan market to proper use - not borrowing untried kids from academies.

How much are Hogan and Woods wages. Plus their positions aren't a priority for us at this stage

5 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Just what I’ve been told lad who I know goes brockhall every now and again. Spot on with what he told me about Downing and Graham both leaving 

That's fair enough but I don't think that'd be anywhere near close, especially if you then consider transfer fees and agent fees. £3m probably wouldn't cover our wages for the year. 

Just now, alex l said:

Said £3m including wages in a further post

Mate, our wage bill is over £20m a year. He doesn't mean total budget. He means summer transfer budget INCLUDING wages. So if that GK costs £500k and he's on £10k a week that's another £500k = GK costs £1m for the year. We then have £2m left. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mate, our wage bill is over £20m a year. He doesn't mean total budget. He means summer transfer budget INCLUDING wages. So of that GK costs £500k and he's on £10k a week that's another £500k = GK costs £1m for the year. We then have £2m left. 

Definitely the way I understood that. It's tight but hopefully enough to sort out the GK, a CB and a LB.