BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

19 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

Just what I’ve been told lad who I know goes brockhall every now and again. Spot on with what he told me about Downing and Graham both leaving 

Not trying to be an ass, but their contracts had expired. It's not exactly privileged info.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

TBF he said before the end of their contracts that they were off. 

But we offered one of them a new deal. Unless he also predicted that Downing would turn it down...

1 minute ago, Elvis Biro said:

Lionel Messi has just become available on a 'free'. Is he the sort of prospect we should be looking at?

Think it would take too long for Mowbray to 'bed him in' and for Messi to understand what we are trying to do.

With Smallwood gone, who could he learn off?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

Lionel Messi has just become available on a 'free'. Is he the sort of prospect we should be looking at?

plays far to advanced for tony who considers him selfish and not ready to play in the centre,in the telegraph mowbray expresses  frustration  with his new signing"i keep telling him,he can`t do as he pleases with the ball,he must lay it square or back and look for support,we are not a one man team here,he needs to take notice of the senior players,corry and elliot,until he gets his head round our system,he`ll contribute coming off the bench"

• Like 6

So lets believe that we have £3 million to cover everything this summer including wages. Bear in mind that we have in Downing, Graham, Samuel, Smallwood, Leutwiler,  Hart, Walton and Tosin shed probably possibly in excess of £100,000 a month off the wage bill before bonuses, appearance money and signing on fees. That's probably a saving of £1.5 million straight away.

Not really much of a budget after you take the above into account.

If Mowbray is really now having to offload either Mulgrew or Williams to raise the cash for a Kipre to come in then we are in really dire straits. Having lowered the wage bill substantially even with a well paid goalkeeper we should be well below what we were last season. We have next to no options in defence and yet the plan to bring a defender in is to offload what experience we do have left at the back? Scary.

A proper experienced keeper and a proper experienced CB should have been done and dusted by now. We've known about those positions for 6 months or more. We should now be putting the finishing touches by getting in a back up CB and GK, and another option up top.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

proper experienced keeper and a proper experienced CB should have been done and dusted by now. We've known about those positions for 6 months or more. We should now be putting the finishing touches by getting in a back up CB and GK, and another option up top.

We announce Thomas Kaminski transfer by tomorrow. And hopefully a couple more by weekend judging by Mowbray's comments.

Some clubs are struggling to be players like Warnock at Boro or Karanka at Birmingham

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So lets believe that we have £3 million to cover everything this summer including wages. Bear in mind that we have in Downing, Graham, Samuel, Smallwood, Leutwiler,  Hart, Walton and Tosin shed probably possibly in excess of £100,000 a month off the wage bill before bonuses, appearance money and signing on fees. That's probably a saving of £1.5 million straight away.

Not really much of a budget after you take the above into account.

If Mowbray is really now having to offload either Mulgrew or Williams to raise the cash for a Kipre to come in then we are in really dire straits. Having lowered the wage bill substantially even with a well paid goalkeeper we should be well below what we were last season. We have next to no options in defence and yet the plan to bring a defender in is to offload what experience we do have left at the back? Scary.

A proper experienced keeper and a proper experienced CB should have been done and dusted by now. We've known about those positions for 6 months or more. We should now be putting the finishing touches by getting in a back up CB and GK, and another option up top.

A lot of ifs, buts and assumptions here mate.

The loss of Hart, Smallwood, Leutwiler, Samuel and Mulgrew in truth doesn’t even lay a glove on our ability to perform in that league. Even if we have to let both Mulgrew AND Williams go to get Kipre in and say Lindsay on loan with with a view and Wharton as 4th choice, I’m fine with that. We’ll have improved.

You gotta have a surplus of cash to go and blow teams over with offers. I’ll be happy to wait on Kipre for a week or two and get him from their administrators for six figures if we have to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

We announce Thomas Kaminski transfer by tomorrow. And hopefully a couple more by weekend judging by Mowbray's comments.

Some clubs are struggling to be players like Warnock at Boro or Karanka at Birmingham

Karanka has only been in the job a couple of weeks and they've already signed Jon Toral and George Friend this week. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

A lot of ifs, buts and assumptions here mate.

The loss of Hart, Smallwood, Leutwiler, Samuel and Mulgrew in truth doesn’t even lay a glove on our ability to perform in that league. Even if we have to let both Mulgrew AND Williams go to get Kipre in and say Lindsay on loan with with a view and Wharton as 4th choice, I’m fine with that. We’ll have improved.

You gotta have a surplus of cash to go and blow teams over with offers. I’ll be happy to wait on Kipre for a week or two and get him from their administrators for six figures if we have to. 

I'm struggling with the logic that letting 7 senior players leave and to date signing 0 cannot impact on our ability to perform.

I wholeheartedly agree that of those released the majority were not good enough for anything more than a bottom half season but the fact remains that these were senior experienced pros who were in the squad as options for use. This probably applies more to the likes of Graham and Downing than Hart and Smallwood. But the point remains - if we are away from home at a hostile ground and need a goal or need to defend a 1-0 lead I would have absolute faith in Graham coming off the bench to do his thing or likewise Downing using his experience to guide us through than the alternative which is currently making do with what we have. The alternative being chucking one of the young lads on. Are they really going to be able to do what Graham does on a rough night at Millwall or Barnsley?

The problem with your plan for the defence is we will have to get shut of those players before being allowed to sign the replacements. There is unlikely to be much interest. Once we are rid we are upon the new season under immense pressure to quickly sign people having offloaded yet more. 

I expect two players for every position. Therefore 2 people who can play LB, RB and 4 who can play CB. Lose Mulgrew or Williams or both and whilst we might not be bothered the fact remains they need replacing and quickly. Including Wharton we would still then need 2 x CB, 1x LB, 1 x GK and ideally 1x RB 

I'm not expecting us to go out and blow teams over with offers. Clever clubs don't need to - they identify bargains and get them quickly before others. But I would have expected a lot more progress than we've had. One incoming not yet confirmed and not available for a fortnight. We need a lot more and i am worried about getting the time we have, our manager's track record and what I am hearing to be totally honest.

• Like 3