BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

An actual comment under the LT Kaminski story:-

jacktheladfromWrexhamwrote:
God bless the Venky family!! Thank you for your continued support in these uncertain times.

I'd be amazed if JacktheladfromWrexham contributes the arse end of anything to the club himself.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

An actual comment under the LT Kaminski story:-

jacktheladfromWrexhamwrote:
God bless the Venky family!! Thank you for your continued support in these uncertain times.

He’s the biggest whopper of all time is that guy. 

• Like 1

Left-back Miiko Albornoz, now a free agent after leaving Hannover 96, great crosser of the ball. I'd be all over him. Did a bit of tactical research on him.

Would be nice to get a confirmed name in regards to this CB that we are seemingly close too/working on signing. If it is Kipre I’ll be amazed, just seems too good to be true, which isn’t normally the route rovers go down. 

Interestingly Sharpe tweeted last night about his frustrations with twitter accounts that just make up rumours. Not sure if that relates to any rovers rumours or not. 

Edited by TruRover

3 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Bit of salesmanship there from Big T. Absolutely no harm in giving the lad the feeling he's been our no.1 target for some time, even if it doesn't quite add up. 

@RovingRover has said we have been looking at him for quite some way. 

He said he one of his prime targets for that position. 

Rovers and Mowbray would have had 5 or 6 names on each list depending on price for keeper slot. So for example, list A is 1 mil and below, list B is free transfers, list c is loan, etc. That's how football works

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I think Kipre is an upgrade on Tosin defensively. He hadn’t got Tosins ability on the ball but from what I saw he’s a better defender than Lenihan. 

I would agree with that .If we're looking for a " stopper " style of centre half, and I think we should be, he appears to fit the bill. This " playing out " from the back at our level is tantamount to giving the opposition a goal start. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

As expected, central defender chat dominated the press conference. Things certainly moving in terms of incoming(s) and outgoing(s) in that area, with #Rovers hopeful there's deals to be done in the coming days.

Sounds like Williams departure could be funding a new CB coming in. If the incoming is Kipre, and it's essentially cost neutral for what we get for Del, then that'll be Mowbray's finest work since signing Sir Bradley. 

• Like 3

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Sounds like Williams departure could be funding a new CB coming in. If the incoming is Kipre, and it's essentially cost neutral for what we get for Del, then that'll be Mowbray's finest work since signing Sir Bradley. 

Look at the post before before this^ one. I won't tell anyone ? Ssshhhhh

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would agree with that .If we're looking for a " stopper " style of centre half, and I think we should be, he appears to fit the bill. This " playing out " from the back at our level is tantamount to giving the opposition a goal start. 

Completely agree. You need two hard, head/kick anything b*stards at the back to get out of this division 9 times out of 10.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

@RovingRover has said we have been looking at him for quite some way. 

He said he one of his prime targets for that position. 

Rovers and Mowbray would have had 5 or 6 names on each list depending on price for keeper slot. So for example, list A is 1 mil and below, list B is free transfers, list c is loan, etc. That's how football works

Chaddy we all know that he has a list of plenty of players that's how football works and everyone on this messaging board knows it too.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chaddy we all know that he has a list of plenty of players that's how football works and everyone on this messaging board knows it too.

Lists are for girls, make it up as you go along I say, that's why real playas like TM have extremely large cuffs ?

Finances are tight across the Championship however, and Mowbray admitted: “It’s really difficult. I’m not sure I’ve ever been anywhere where money is no object and you just go and get the best players and you have the best team in the league."

Mowbray made this comment on the back of the other days assertion that we cant afford 7 figure fees. Evem if Kipre and Whiteman are players Mowbray has identified, i just dont see them being realistic at all. Too expensive. Ultimately Venkys will not sign off all cheques and we have to work within the parameters of a difficult financial time.

“It looks like it’s coming to a culmination over the next week or two. If it is then it’ll be good for Derrick, good for the football club because it might give us some income to move things around."

Also seems like theres a bit of a reliance on getting Williams gone to give us some more money which means getting him gone asap is key for us.

Edited by roversfan99

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Finances are tight across the Championship however, and Mowbray admitted: “It’s really difficult. I’m not sure I’ve ever been anywhere where money is no object and you just go and get the best players and you have the best team in the league."

Mowbray made this comment on the back of the other days assertion that we cant afford 7 figure fees. Evem if Kipre and Whiteman are players Mowbray has identified, i just dont see them being realistic at all. Too expensive. Ultimately Venkys will not sign off all cheques and we have to work within the parameters of a difficult financial time.

“It looks like it’s coming to a culmination over the next week or two. If it is then it’ll be good for Derrick, good for the football club because it might give us some income to move things around."

Also seems like theres a bit of a reliance on getting Williams gone to give us some more money which means getting him gone asap is key for us.

You could well be right,Andy Bayes said Mowbray told them that defensive signings ain't dependent on Williams leaving .It would obviously give us a bit more cash to play with though

• Like 1

Very cautious on authenticity. But don't underestimate how good of a signing Kipre would be. He's proven to be a very good centre back at this level at the age of 23. He ticks all of the boxes in terms of attributes, I don't think there is much better out there available. And clearly if he was anywhere but Wigan he would be way, way out of reach. 

Venky's history says spending circa £1m on a defender doesn't happen so i'm expecting disappointment. But on top of needs meeting value, the relatively safe development and future sell on potential might just get this attention, particuarly with the sweetener of the majority of Williams/Mulgrew's wages off the books.

• Like 5