BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It says he can play both.

Not his favoured position. Then again, that's par for the course here.

Unless Nyambe's days are numbered, I'm not sure why we'd bring in Sessegnon.

Edited by Amo

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It says he can play both.

He is right sided predominantly and we could do with a natural left sider.

I remember when we had Chimbonda at left back always cutting inside. Not ideal having someone on the wrong side.

If we are signing someone we may aswell get someone natural for the position.

• Like 1

Rich Sharpe confirms Kipre links. Sticking to my guns that its an okay signing, doesn't seem to suit Mowbray's advertised mould at all, but much like Kaminski, I think this is a case of Rovers stumbling across a circumstanced bargain.

Wouldnt get carried away just yet mind you:

"However, while an agreement that works for both clubs is close, there is still work to be done on personal terms. And that could well stand in the way of any possible transfer as Rovers look to make their second summer signing."

And working on an alternative. So whilst Wigan seem desperate to sell I think there could be a decent change someone else will take him. Have to keep fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Unfair. He's defended well, especially in his first season when he got POTY. He was good in L1 too. His passing is poor.

No he hasn’t, he’s been awful. The most useless full back I’ve seen play for Rovers, can’t defend, can’t attack, runs through treacle.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Rich Sharpe confirms Kipre links. Sticking to my guns that its an okay signing, doesn't seem to suit Mowbray's advertised mould at all, but much like Kaminski, I think this is a case of Rovers stumbling across a circumstanced bargain.

Mowbrays advertised mould doesnt keep the goals out. Seems like Kipre would be as good as we could possibly get on limited funds. Good age too.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wouldnt get carried away just yet mind you:

"However, while an agreement that works for both clubs is close, there is still work to be done on personal terms. And that could well stand in the way of any possible transfer as Rovers look to make their second summer signing."

And working on an alternative. So whilst Wigan seem desperate to sell I think there could be a decent change someone else will take him. Have to keep fingers crossed.

You'd hope they wouldn't release journalism surrounding it if it weren't very close I'm sure. Otherwise it'd be very awkward.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Amo said:

Sessegnon's a right-back, isn't he? 

I know he's filled in at left before but that's not his natural position.

I'd always thought of him as a left back but you're right, transfer market has his main position as right back but also can play LB and CB. 

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I remember when we had Chimbonda at left back always cutting inside. Not ideal having someone on the wrong side.

Yes, must admit it jars seeing full backs playing on the wrong side.

Having said that, I seem to remember one game where it worked out quite well for Chimbonda! 

• Like 1