BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Kipre would be a great signing. The type of player who we have needed for years and would certainly have me feeling much more optimistic about the new season. Be great if we could get Williams out the door as well and even better if we could get a decent fee. I always thought he was a decent full back certainly better than Bell, but regardless of what Williams says he is not and never will be centre half.

If we can get Kipre through the door, I'd say that leaves us needing probably 4 more. Another centre back, a left back, a central midfielder and another attacking option. I do still worry about the right back position as well because Nyambe picks up far too many knocks for my liking.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Quite alarming to me that bringing in essential defenders appears to be contingent upon getting shut of one of the three experienced players we have left who can play at CB.

I sure hope Mowbray knows what he is doing here because it could easily go very badly wrong.

Also quite disturbing that having slashed almost £100,000 a week off the wage bill since July and added only the keeper who won't be on more than £10,000 at most there isnt the scope in the budget to bring in reasonable signings without further outgoings.

A quick calculation for August - if we've saved £400,000 on wages by offloading Walton, Tosin, Smallwood, Downing, Graham and Samuel then we can see where the money has appeared to get the goalkeeper.

...no turnstile revenue for 6 months doesn’t help...& yes, we should have s/t & kits on sale but March & April had minuscule turnover

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

So, who's the domestic CB we're after? ITK badge for what turns out to be the correct guess!

In all seriousness I was going to say Kipre, I was just a bit busy at the time I read this ? My suspicion was that the notion we couldn't afford him was a smokescreen to avoid other clubs getting alerted to us getting close to the right fee. Don't want the ITK badge anyway though, seen how people with it get treated when they have it (plus obviously I didn't know, just a guess)! Surprised the LT have broken it at this stage though if we are still a way on terms, plus let everyone know he doesn't cost 6 figures. They're usually on the side of keeping club secrets until they break elsewhere.

• Backroom

Would be a superb week if we end it with a Keeper and a Kipre, can’t believe Tony’s going to do it the absolute mad lad!

Just hope we’ve kept the Kipre deal quiet for long enough for it to be near the line as we’ll have wanted a good deal and others may be keen

Seen to recall he chipped in with a few goals as well didn’t he?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Quite alarming to me that bringing in essential defenders appears to be contingent upon getting shut of one of the three experienced players we have left who can play at CB.

I sure hope Mowbray knows what he is doing here because it could easily go very badly wrong.

Also quite disturbing that having slashed almost £100,000 a week off the wage bill since July and added only the keeper who won't be on more than £10,000 at most there isnt the scope in the budget to bring in reasonable signings without further outgoings.

A quick calculation for August - if we've saved £400,000 on wages by offloading Walton, Tosin, Smallwood, Downing, Graham and Samuel then we can see where the money has appeared to get the goalkeeper.

I don't understand how you have come to that conclusion. Three journalists with actual connection to the club (Bayes, Sharpe and Myers) have all come out and said bringing in a defender is not linked with letting one go. But here you are, with no connection to the club and no direct contact with Tony, speculating the opposite.

Of course your post is just conjecture, but nevertheless labelling it as quite alarming when it isn't based on any real tangible fact is a bit of a pie in the sky doom and gloom prediction that isn't really necessary. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Left-back Miiko Albornoz, now a free agent after leaving Hannover 96, great crosser of the ball. I'd be all over him. Did a bit of tactical research on him.

No thanks to sexual predators. The guy cheated on his girlfriend with a girl that he knew was 14 at the time.

Statutory rape[edit]

On 8 January 2013, it was made official that Albornoz was being charged with statutory rape for having had sexual relations with a 14-year-old girl on 8 November 2012 in Malmö. Albornoz was detained and arrested for the offence on 17 November 2012, but was released after three days. Albornoz admitted that he was aware of the girl's age at the time of the act.[12] Media reported that the relationship was mutually consensual and that no violence or force had occurred during the act.[13] Malmö FF published a press release the same day stating that Albornoz would take a time-out from all activities with the club until further notice.[14]

3 minutes ago, rickard said:

No thanks to sexual predators. The guy cheated on his girlfriend with a girl that he knew was 14 at the time.

Statutory rape[edit]

On 8 January 2013, it was made official that Albornoz was being charged with statutory rape for having had sexual relations with a 14-year-old girl on 8 November 2012 in Malmö. Albornoz was detained and arrested for the offence on 17 November 2012, but was released after three days. Albornoz admitted that he was aware of the girl's age at the time of the act.[12] Media reported that the relationship was mutually consensual and that no violence or force had occurred during the act.[13] Malmö FF published a press release the same day stating that Albornoz would take a time-out from all activities with the club until further notice.[14]

He shouldn’t have a career and can fuck right off.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Surely Kipre can't be on that much money at Wigan. Feel like we'd be able to offer an improvement on his wages at least. Just hope no one else pops in for him. Aside from West Ham links a while ago I've not heard much else. Fingers crossed

The issue may not be what he is paid now but what he can get paid elsewhere. Note TMs comments that we can't compete on cash so need to convince players of the project. 

Just now, Miller11 said:

He shouldn’t have a career and can fuck right off.

That's my thoughts as well. He was on the verge of the Swedish national team, chose Chile due to this. 

The whole situation was handled so badly by the media as well. He was rightfully booed by opposing fans, they thought it was unfair to him. His club won the Swedish League, one of the biggest tabloids wrote an article basically saying it was nice for him to win after a "turbulent" season. He slept with a 14 year old girl, that's not "turbulent", it's rape!

I hope he stays away from this club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prelude said:

Would rather Spurs loan us his brother Ryan.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

?

Sorry I could of said in my Kipre post last night that the deal was going to be well under the £1.5m mooted (6 figures) ... but I didn't. 

He also (apparently) said the German striker (ex Brentford) link is bollocks, and he'd be shocked if a move wasn't made for Greg Cunningham eventually. Doesn't see Whiteman being feasible.

• Like 2

Kipre would be a class signing, fingers crossed. Then we would need to add a left back, especially if Williams is heading out. I don't think we would add any forwards/wingers this window so that would leave any left over money going towards another defender and a centre midfielder with another defender being the priority out of the two.

We haven't used any loans this window so Steven Sessegnon makes sense as good competition in defence, especially if we are looking at moving on from Bennett, one can dream. 

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Talk about jumping the gun ?

Positivity from me only. 

Rich Sharpe just tweeted "For those asking: much like what's happening with transfers atm, there's plenty of moving parts with regards to the new kit/sponsor, but nothing finalised as yet. Told it could be a case of one, neither, or both, in time for Saturday's game."

So obviously extremely close.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Positivity from me only. 

Rich Sharpe just tweeted "For those asking: much like what's happening with transfers atm, there's plenty of moving parts with regards to the new kit/sponsor, but nothing finalised as yet. Told it could be a case of one, neither, or both, in time for Saturday's game."

So obviously extremely close.

Think that's in relation to the kit and sponsor only...

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

It appears whatever we do you would find things alarming, we are actually trying to sign players in the positions that need filling.

For the first time for a long time we are actually paying a fee for a goalie and hopefully centre back, something you said wouldn’t happen.

You do realise sometimes you have to release players to help to buy better ones, let’s give them a little credit for trying to address the problems in defence.....

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He also (apparently) said the German striker (ex Brentford) link is bollocks, and he'd be shocked if a move wasn't made for Greg Cunningham eventually. Doesn't see Whiteman being feasible.

Would love Cunningham back if he can still perform to the level pre-injury.

Kaminski, Kipre and Cunningham would make this an excellent window. Ticking all the boxes.

• Like 5