BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Fact of the matter is, if there is interest from West Brom and they bid, hes not turning Premier League football down.

Nixon is a constant stream of shite. Hart, McLaughlin, Hofmann, Muric and Iversem, all total fiction. Suppose a broken clock is right twice a day.

Would be a big shame to miss out. Weve got a keeper coming in with an apparent weakness at crosses. I think back to Rotherham away when Mowbray lynched Raya for not dealing with crosses and not accepting responsibility for having Mulgrew and Rodwell as his CB partnership. Lenihan and a Kipre type is a different story altogether, heading things away. Raya himself seems to have benefitted from Jansson and Pinnock.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Swanson said:

W.B.A. now suddenly..

20200827_155731.jpg

He's obviously posting this shite and then looking on here. 

If he goes elsewhere, fine. I will be disappointed but you have to think it's close if Rich Sharpe is harping on about a fee and talks with the player's representatives. I'll take that above Nixon at this stage.

How Nixon works.

He knows that we are well along with Kipre. He wants a slice of the action so goes on twitter acting like he knows his stuff. Dangles stuff for the fans over Thursday and Friday.

By Friday night I guarantee that he will be saying 'update on Sunday' or 'bit in the paper on that one'. This will get people clicking onto the Sun website or buying the paper to read his drivel.

It will be extremely frustrating if we don't get it over the line but seemingly this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How Nixon works.

He knows that we are well along with Kipre. He wants a slice of the action so goes on twitter acting like he knows his stuff. Dangles stuff for the fans over Thursday and Friday.

By Friday night I guarantee that he will be saying 'update on Sunday' or 'bit in the paper on that one'. This will get people clicking onto the Sun website or buying the paper to read his drivel.

It will be extremely frustrating if we don't get it over the line but seemingly this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened.

Yeah but if he does move to a premier league club ahead of us, surely you won't find a reason to blame the club for that?

Edited by islander200

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but if he does move to a premier league club ahead of us, surely you won't find a reason to blame the club for that?

We take a long time to get business done. Just look how long Tosin took last summer. You have to act quickly or risk missing out when others come in.

Just now, JHRover said:

We take a long time to get business done. Just look how long Tosin took last summer. You have to act quickly or risk missing out when others come in.

Yeah but been no secret Wigan need to sell players.One would presume no matter how early we went for Kipre he would have had the same interest from other clubs.

Personally don't believe a premier league team will buy him and if they do it won't be as a starting player.

Kipré interest from the Premier League is there. But like I said, heard it was Leeds who'd tentatively indicated interest.

Rovers are further down the line as Rich Sharpe said however to the degree Rovers rep's are discussing years of contract and when a medical can take place. No other bid from any other club has been made to the creditors yet. But that can change at any time.

• Like 8

• Moderation Lead
49 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If we sign Kipre can we all make a gentlemen's agreement that Alan Nixon is not to be spoken about on this board?

He's a tubby little shitehawk who works for a rag.

I think Steve Keans name was once censored on here if I remember correctly, can we censor Nixon's name to "Tubby Fud" please

Cheers

I would absolutely love it if this was the case.

I have no idea why he is continually mentioned on here, but I’d be into it if he wasn’t. Motion carried. Any mention of that fat whopper and you’ll get fotty eight hours in the sin bin. Sithi.

• Like 2

The premier league interest only highlights why Kipre would be such an impressive deal for us. As others have said Rich Sharpe doesn’t normally put a name to the rumours, or the fee involved, unless Rovers are close to securing the deal so there’s hope that we will get it over the line. Time will tell.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

You'll note my point earlier, that in the last 6 weeks through Tosin, Walton, Downing and Graham going the club will have shed £500,000 from the payroll which comfortably covers Kaminski and his fee.

Let's see in the others happen and who goes out the other way to enable it.

We need 8 first team ready defenders IMO. If Mulgrew is frozen out and Williams being sold then we need minimum 3 to come in, realistically on permanent deals to avoid another mad dash next summer. Kipre would be a good start yet as expected the tubby Scotsman is pouring cold water on it

Yeah seen Mr Nixon’s comments difficult to compete against if true, anyway all I said is what you’ve always said we don’t invest in defenders with paying a transfer fee regardless of how we find it, just hoping they have finally decided we need to buy permanent defenders.

• Like 1