BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Sharpe on the biggest u turn of recent times. Having yesterday nailed his colours to the deal being virtually done in less than 24 hours seemingly West Brom are now in the driving seat.

He mentions that personal terms may have been a stumbling block. That is strange because you would hope that Rovers would have worked out what he was after and whether we could pay it before making the bid and letting news of it out in the paper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

He mentions that personal terms may have been a stumbling block. That is strange because you would hope that Rovers would have worked out what he was after and whether we could pay it before making the bid and letting news of it out in the paper.

That's probably a bit harsh on Rovers. They probably could afford his personal terms when he was just coming from Wigan. They probably can't afford his personal terms now a Premier League club is sniffing with money to burn.

• Like 5

I think the situation has changed rather than Sharpe backtracking. I read it as yesterday we were in a good position but since then WBA have moved quickly and been able to offer prem football and a higher wage. Move on to the next target.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Sharpe on the biggest u turn of recent times. Having yesterday nailed his colours to the deal being virtually done in less than 24 hours seemingly West Brom are now in the driving seat.

Tbf if you read the article it does seem a lot of it is guesswork from Sharpe, it would be fair to assume a prem club would be favourites over a championship team. 

Sounds like he's leaving it till the last min and sounds like Rovers might leave their deal on the table till the last min.

Could leave us short hope TM doesn't counter it by offering Williams a new deal !

Rovers being played here.

5 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

WBA essentially offering double the wages Rovers are able to offer so Kipré can sit on the bench calling himself a Premier League footballer and looks like the lad is going to to for it.

Shows all that is wrong with a modern day footballer.

Some media suggesting West Brom not made their minds up yet.

7 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

WBA essentially offering double the wages Rovers are able to offer so Kipré can sit on the bench calling himself a Premier League footballer and looks like the lad is going to to for it.

Shows all that is wrong with a modern day footballer.

Yeah what an attraction we must  be....half arsed attendances, half arsed manager,......the lad might back himself to win a place in the starting 11

6 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

Bit unfair to knock the lad for doubling his wages and playing in the Prem.

I'd look at Ajayi and Bartley and think, I can take one of their spots.... 

40 games at Rovers in the Championship or 15 games off the bench at WBA in the Premier League. Ultimately that is his choice.

Let's not make up stuff about finances to soften the blow of missing out. 

Nobody knows what WBA are offering or how that compares to Rovers. Obviously they can and probably will be offering substantially more. We don't know if that is 'double' what Rovers are offering. West Brom are run by businessmen and I very much doubt will simply chuck double your money at a Championship player. Just like they could have gone in weeks ago with £2 million for Kipre and got the deal done early but have waited.

We had similar stuff last year with Bauer and the frankly ludicrous suggestions that he was demanding £40k a week to move here. That was absolute drivel fed to try and make people feel better about a missed target and not getting a proper defender on a contract yet many accepted it as the truth. He later turned up at PNE. 

I just hope that the alternative isn't another last gasp loan deal. Season starts tomorrow and no defensive reinforcements yet.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

West Bromwich Albion. How have we got to a position where we are less appealing than West Bromwich Albion? I've been to West Brom, there is nothing there. There is nothing in their town there is nothing in their trophy cabinet. They are a poxy yo yo team who will never go anywhere. We are Blackburn fucking Rovers for fuck sake, pride of Lancashire, rich history, ex Premier League Champions. 

Stop being ridiculous Cedric and come and play for the biggest and best club in Lancashire. 

But also, be prepared to play on the wing or potentially in goal. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

40 games at Rovers in the Championship or 15 games off the bench at WBA in the Premier League. Ultimately that is his choice.

Well its not really is it. They were hardly watertight in defence last season so how do you know they're planning on using the same defenders in a better league?

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

West Bromwich Albion. How have we got to a position where we are less appealing than West Bromwich Albion? I've been to West Brom, there is nothing there. There is nothing in their town there is nothing in their trophy cabinet. They are a poxy yo yo team who will never go anywhere. We are Blackburn fucking Rovers for fuck sake, pride of Lancashire, rich history, ex Premier League Champions. 

Stop being ridiculous Cedric and come and play for the biggest and best club in Lancashire. 

I had this realisation earlier when I saw Rich's article. It really hit home how far we have fallen that we can't even beat West Brom to a signing. Even more so, how disappointed I am that we won't be signing a defender from Wigan!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

I had this realisation earlier when I saw Rich's article. It really hit home how far we have fallen that we can't even beat West Brom to a signing. Even more so, how disappointed I am that we won't be signing a defender from Wigan!

Ever since we became a Championship side, it should never be a surprise that we lose out on signings to a Premier League team. If Solihull Motors were suddenly plonked into the Prem, they'd likely be able to beat us to Kipre too. It's got nothing to do with who is the more prestigious institution, and everything to do with who has more money and plays in the top flight right now.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

The thing is Kipre the footballer holds the key ... if he wants to come to Rovers then there’s nothing the agent can do ... 

I find it amazing that a player of his calibre and with that price tag is still unsigned by any championship club never mind the PL 

The likes of Swansea going for Williams when this guys on the market shelf .. Astonishing....

Why did you have to post that, Swansea will be after him now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I’m pretty sure most West Brom players don’t live in West Bromwich in the same way that most of our players don’t live in Blackburn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

Shows how far we’ve fallen. Fans (including myself) excited about a 900k signing of a centre back. Then beaten to it by West Brom. Ultimate yo yo club with no trophys. Oh well. Nice to have some optimism, even if only for a few hours. And poor old Rich Sharpe. Finally with some transfer info ahead of the game. And then all for nothing.

• Like 2