BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

This lad isn't going to go to West Brom believing he is going to be on the bench all season, even if everyone else does.

Its a chance, maybe the only chance he will have in his career to try and make it as a Premier league footballer.

No one can sit here and expect him to pass this opportunity up.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Kipre was on the bench a lot earlier in the season when Mulgrew was on loan there and starting.

He must be rubbish. That's what I'm telling myself now it looks like he's not coming anyway. Softens the blow somewhat.

He’d probably have had to learn Centre half from Mulgrew anyhow....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Are you trying to say that you would have expected us to lose out on a signing to West Brom prior to Venky's taking over? It's a fact that we've fallen a long way since then, times have changed. People are allowed to be disappointed in our change of circumstances. 

I am not calling West Brom a nothing team but we've swapped places and that is disappointing. 

In the 90s? Never.

In the 2000s? Possibly, we certainly weren’t paying wages substantially, if at all higher than clubs like West Brom by the late Walker Trust era when they had Di Matteo/Hodgson.

Glad to hear it.

13 minutes ago, alex l said:

And yet TM gets slaughtered by many for losing out on Bauer for apparently not promising him first team football. 

So he went to a club who did promise him first team football and got it. Meanwhile we are still struggling to fill that essential position.

Why shouldn't Mowbray get some grief for that after we'd been chasing him for a year. Mental.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

So he went to a club who did promise him first team football and got it. Meanwhile we are still struggling to fill that essential position.

Why shouldn't Mowbray get some grief for that after we'd been chasing him for a year. Mental.

The point I responded to questioned whether we really wanted Kipre if he is happy to sit on the bench but make more cash. 

Bauer may have got more money with us, we don't know, but apparently didn't sign as he was not guaranteed to start. TM got criticism - indicating some would be happy for us to sign players more bothered by money than playing. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well you did then like other posts saying ‘how far we’ve fallen to lose players to West Brom’ etc. so...

OK, fair enough. But I'm telling you now it was sarcasm, he should go to West Brom, currently they are a far more appealing proposition, sadly. 

25 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Are you trying to say that you would have expected us to lose out on a signing to West Brom prior to Venky's taking over? It's a fact that we've fallen a long way since then, times have changed. People are allowed to be disappointed in our change of circumstances. 

I would be amazed if anyone could disagree with that comment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

WBA essentially offering double the wages Rovers are able to offer so Kipré can sit on the bench calling himself a Premier League footballer and looks like the lad is going to to for it.

Shows all that is wrong with a modern day footballer.

exactly, This is one of the problems with Modern day football. I highlighted John Egan and John O'Connell of football who drop down a level or 2 to play regular 1st team football and now look at the pair now playing regular premier league level football.  

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Sharpe on the biggest u turn of recent times. Having yesterday nailed his colours to the deal being virtually done in less than 24 hours seemingly West Brom are now in the driving seat.

He mentions that personal terms may have been a stumbling block. That is strange because you would hope that Rovers would have worked out what he was after and whether we could pay it before making the bid and letting news of it out in the paper.

How is it U-turn? when Sharpe reported that we agreed a fee with Wigan for Kipre we were in pole position but since yesterday morning things have change and PL club in West Brom have turned their attention to him cos they appear not to be able to bring in the 1st choice in Duffy. 

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just like they could have gone in weeks ago with £2 million for Kipre and got the deal done early but have waited.

why would you and over pay for a player and give money to club who will have to drop their asking price cos of the bills at the club in administration? Plus why used more of the budget up when you still need another 3 or 4 players?  

15 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@Paul Mani has assured us that Mulgrew is leaving in this transfer window.

Mowbray has the gift of the gab, when it's something he wants. He'd better want Kipre here.

Well lets hope we get rid of him cos he will never play again for this club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alex l said:

The point I responded to questioned whether we really wanted Kipre if he is happy to sit on the bench but make more cash. 

Bauer may have got more money with us, we don't know, but apparently didn't sign as he was not guaranteed to start. TM got criticism - indicating some would be happy for us to sign players more bothered by money than playing. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. 

We chased him for over a year. We waited till his contract ran out to avoid a fee and then let it drift till he joined Preston! Brilliant!

TM got criticism because he mismanaged the situation and here we are still paying the price.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

exactly, This is one of the problems with Modern day football. I highlighted John Egan and John O'Connell of football who drop down a level or 2 to play regular 1st team football and now look at the pair now playing regular premier league level football.  

But you criticised Bauer for going to play where he was guaranteed to be a starter rather than fighting for a place at Rovers.

• Like 4

Naby Sarr might be ok as the "second" option but I wouldnt want him as first choice.

Certainly not the answer defensively for all of his composure on the ball. And seemingly looked at fondly at Charlton more from a cult hero perspective, not because of his defensive ability.

He was often not selected when Charlton played a back 2 in favour of Pearce.

Dont get all of the bitterness towards Kipre either, very much looking at the situation through blue and white tinted glasses.

Firstly, he is not going "to sit on the bench" if he does join West Brom, he is certainly not noticeably inferior to any of the 3 CB's West Brom have and theres no reason at all to assume that he would be 4th choice behind Hegazi, Bartley and Ajayi.

Also, Premier League football and twice the wage, 99% of us would take that option, no matter what we say. Wanting more money is for some reason seen in footballing terms as disgusting, which I dont get. Also, he may never get the chance to become a Premier League footballer again.

I presume that whoever comes to be our second choice keeper will not be greeted with the same criticism!

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 7

53 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Hearing Rovers have enquired for 6-5 Naby Sarr!!

540678_med__20190112190348_naby_sarr.jpg

I'd be happy with him.

Ironically us signing someone like Sarr as a second choice (Free Transfer) is basically the Championship  equivalent of a Premier League team (WBA) signing Kipre as a backup for £900,000. 

Kipre to WBA is a no brainer for WBA. Less than a million and "cheap" wages for a 3rd, 4th or 5th CB. One you can keep and start for you next season if you get relegated.

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Naby Sarr might be ok as the "second" option but I wouldnt want him as first choice.

Certainly not the answer defensively for all of his composure on the ball. And seemingly looked at fondly at Charlton more from a cult hero perspective, not because of his defensive ability.

He was often not selected when Charlton played a back 2 in favour of Pearce.

Dont get all of the bitterness towards Kipre either, very much looking at the situation through blue and white tinted glasses.

Firstly, he is not going "to sit on the bench" if he does join West Brom, he is certainly not noticeably inferior to any of the 3 CB's West Brom have and theres no reason at all to assume that he would be 4th choice behind Hegazi, Bartley and Ajayi.

Also, Premier League football and twice the wage, 99% of us would take that option, no matter what we say. Wanting more money is for some reason seen in footballing terms as disgusting, which I dont get. Also, he may never get the chance to become a Premier League footballer again.

I presume that whoever comes to be our second choice keeper will not be greeted with the same criticism!

Nothing beats playing! Take it from someone who can’t anymore.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

@Paul Mani has assured us that Mulgrew is leaving in this transfer window.

Mowbray has the gift of the gab, when it's something he wants. He'd better want Kipre here.

Eh? I haven’t said anything about Mulgrew. Leave me out of your ramblings please Dickie! 

I don't understand this argument. How is getting paid substantially more to do your job "all that's wrong with modern football"? People need to realise, it's a job. A job I might add with a very short shelf life. Earn what you can and get out. 

Why would anyone begrudge someone earning double possibly triple what we could pay them? Whether he plays much or not is totally irrelevant.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RovingRover said:

WBA essentially offering double the wages Rovers are able to offer so Kipré can sit on the bench calling himself a Premier League footballer and looks like the lad is going to to for it.

Shows all that is wrong with a modern day footballer.

If someone wants to double my wages & make me watch 11 other people do my job....hit me up in my PMs ?

Just now, Displaced Rover said:

I don't understand this argument. How is getting paid substantially more to do your job "all that's wrong with modern football"? People need to realise, it's a job. A job I might add with a very short shelf life. Earn what you can and get out. 

Why would anyone begrudge someone earning double possibly triple what we could pay them? Whether he plays much or not is totally irrelevant.

All ex-members of Corinthian FC on here. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately in our position with finances, we are a move behind getting the likes of kipre. We should’ve been getting him from Motherwell, not 2 years later when he is an established good quality champ centre back with prospect of going higher. We can’t compete with the top half of the champ/bottom half of the prem so we need to box more clever. Our recruitment team is currently pretty poor imo as the goalkeeping saga shows

• Like 4