BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

anyone know what type of midfield Bijol is?

Big tall lad, strong, decent in the tackle but not the best on the ball. Mainly used from the bench by CSKA. Wouldn't surprise me if he were to leave them as if CSKA want to add any non-Russian players this window (and given the way they have started they may well want to) then they would need get rid of one of their non Russian players and he would probably be the mostly likely one that they would want to get rid of.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Probably yes. That would be normal of an agent to do.

I was questioning who at Rovers told Sharpe about it and why when the deal wasn't over the line.

You seem to slate Sharpe constantly because he doesn’t give anything away before we have a signing in the bag, (ruled by the club) now he’s passing on what he knows early he’s getting stick, seems he can’t win in your eyes, and anything he’s reported will not make a difference to another club coming in, think his agent will have that sorted.

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Big tall lad, strong, decent in the tackle but not the best on the ball. Mainly used from the bench by CSKA. Wouldn't surprise me if he were to leave them as if CSKA want to add any non-Russian players this window (and given the way they have started they may well want to) then they would need get rid of one of their non Russian players and he would probably be the mostly likely one that they would want to get rid of.

Have you seen him play much? Do you think he would be a good addition? Would make little sense if he is not good on the ball.

Seems that Rich Sharpe has got nothing back and seems to think it wont happen, but seemingly is going off a valuation much higher than what you imply that he could be available for given his nationality.

53 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

I recall us nearly signing Roy Keane only for Utd to scupper the desk at the last minute. These things happen in football.

We scuppered ourselves, someone may correct me but wasn’t it that the Ewood offices were shut when he came for sign. Was told to ‘come back tomorrow’ or after the weekend, Fergie got wind of the delay and the rest is history.

The club at that time was growing too quickly for its still rather second division set-up.

when Tony said he wanted men to do a mans job in defence that I instantly thought he was looking for an older more experienced defender than Kipre and to be honest Lindsay nor Sarr sort of match that description either.. I think there’s is somebody else as well someone we haven’t heard mentioned yet

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Have you seen him play much? Do you think he would be a good addition? Would make little sense if he is not good on the ball.

Seems that Rich Sharpe has got nothing back and seems to think it wont happen, but seemingly is going off a valuation much higher than what you imply that he could be available for given his nationality.

I follow a fair bit of Eastern European football, so I have seen a bit of him play. I can't say he has ever really stood out to me but as I said he rarely starts and is used mainly from the bench. He certainly doesn't fit they style that Mowbray talks about and I wouldn't be going near him for the fee that is being quoted but for a more reasonable fee I think he could add a bit more steel and strength to the midfield.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We scuppered ourselves, someone may correct me but wasn’t it that the Ewood offices were shut when he came for sign. Was told to ‘come back tomorrow’ or after the weekend, Fergie got wind of the delay and the rest is history.

The club at that time was growing too quickly for its still rather second division set-up.

Think Kenny thought a hand shake was good enough until the Monday, and indeed it probably would at the time, with the majority of players, but not Keane, never liked him since.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

You yourself have just acknowledged that we can compete with the 10 clubs I mentioned in my previous post. And in that I didn't mention the likes of Reading, Brentford, Huddersfield and Swansea.  So we can quite easily compete in this division, clubs who supporters should be saying they can't compete are sides like Luton and Wycombe. Plenty of sides have been promoted over the last few who you would have probably classed as not being able to compete for examples the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Norwich and Sheffield United. The one thing we are really missing is a manager to cleverly work the market and to get that extra 5% out of his team. 

With the top half FFS!

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Not been following what’s Happened for a few days, last I heard we had signed a keeper and derrick Williams was going to Swansea and we were “in the mix” for Kipre. 

anu new signings reliable info etc just to catch up ?

You are absolutly playing this transfer window right! I remember when I grew up and read about completed transfers in the weekly football paper (this was before transfer windows), much easier days. Internet and social media has ruined it. 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Our income is poor, our wage bill too high for it, and our losses pretty worrying, as a result of the first two. Our losses don't show a club with tons of spending power, they show a club who is already overspending and needs to cut back, as the shedding of so much from the wage bill reflects.

To imply our losses mean we should go out throwing money around is counter-intuitive in the extreme, sorry JH. I do think you're a smart, eloquent poster, and like everyone else I want us in the big time again ASAP, but in this case you're just miles off. The only question is whether Venkys can, and should (in terms of the stability of the club and meeting FFP, not in terms of obligation) throw a load of money at it to go up this year, and in that area I'm tempted towards yes. Big gamble though.

Absolutely deluded more like. He thinks Jack's still here. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Absolutely deluded more like. He thinks Jack's still here. 

Interesting interpretation of what I've been saying.

Still, I'd rather have high expectations and views on my club than convince myself that we can't even compete in the 2nd division.

2 hours ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Very strange for Sharpe to advertise to other interested parties that we were in advanced talks. Why not wait until it was signed and sealed. Maybe give impression that we were buying when we weren’t but why would they do that? No season tickets sales to worry about yet. All rather confusing.

Another poster recently gave an opinion on that and some historical backup. I agree with his summation.

They can't fool all the people all of the time so I'm happy to get excited only when a new signing in sealed and in the building.

Must say though I'm pleased that a Keeper has signed, a bit of a (nut)cracker too.

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Interesting interpretation of what I've been saying.

Still, I'd rather have high expectations and views on my club than convince myself that we can't even compete in the 2nd division.

It is rather strange that he seems to think that our place is in the third tier even though we have only spent only 6 of our entire history in it. The only clubs who financially we cannot compete with are the relegated clubs but that goes for every other club in the decision. Perhaps Derby as well but that is only because they seem to have very switched on people running their club.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

These were supposedly the average salaries by club in the Championship in 2018/19. 

No surprises that Villa and Norwich got promoted looking at that - but Sheffield United massively over-achieved.

No surprises who got relegated as well with Rotherham, Bolton and Ipswich amongst the lowest.

Brentford and Sheffield United prove you can compete with a lower wage budget, but as a general rule of thumb, the more you pay out in wages, the higher up the league you will finish.

15 clubs paid higher average wages than Rovers.

EVD_uooU0AEkMlU?format=jpg&name=small

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I didn't think our income was 'poor'. I thought it was competitive. Not big but certainly no reason why it should be lower than many others in this league.

Only 5 clubs out of 24 have less income than us (2019). We are poor by Championship standards. We can only buy BB and SG because Venky's put money into the club. These are facts. 

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It is rather strange that he seems to think that our place is in the third tier even though we have only spent only 6 of our entire history in it. The only clubs who financially we cannot compete with are the relegated clubs but that goes for every other club in the decision. Perhaps Derby as well but that is only because they seem to have very switched on people running their club.

Pretty much what I've been getting at all day but seems I'm preaching to the converted. Ah well, some can look forward to a future of struggling to compete with Wycombe and Luton. I expect more and with owners pumping in £20 million a year I hope they expect more too.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

If you could quote where I've said that it would be terrific. Anyway, have a look at the finance table just posted. Then ignore it again, put your fingers in your ears and go la la la.

It's about your level. 

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Only 5 clubs out of 24 have less income than us (2019). We are poor by Championship standards. We can only buy BB and SG because Venky's put money into the club. These are facts. 

OK. Still bought them though. And Venkys are still putting £15-20 million a year in. So that makes income quite irrelevant. If the owners can and will pump millions in then we can compete. 

Your theory appears to be done on the basis the owners don't put more in here than most every year. Of course without external investment we might struggle to compete. You can apply that to everyone. Without Sky money the relegated clubs couldn't compete.

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

"CSKA Moscow could soon part ways with Slovenian midfielder Jaka Bijol. The 21-year-old midfielder could move to English club “Blackburn”, indicating his interest in the player.

Information about Billiol's possible transfer to the club from the misty Albion was confirmed by the player's agent, Robert Chibezh: “There is indeed interest in Billiol from Blackburn. However, we also continue working in other areas. There is interest in the player from other clubs, we are with and communicate with them. "

Billol has been playing for CSKA since 2018. Last season, he spent 25 games for the “army team”, becoming the scorer of a goal. He also has six appearances for the Slovenian national team.

Blackburn plays in the second strongest league in England - the Championship"

Just what we need, another midfielder!

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You are utterly deluded and think we're a big financial powerhouse in the division. 

Talk about moving goalposts - we've gone from me saying we can compete in the Championship to me apparently claiming that we are a 'big financial powerhouse'.

Lol

More than half this league would love billionaire owners willing and able to write off £15 million a year. I detest Venkys but I accept that the money they put in should at least put us a notch above many in this league.

You seem to think even though we are burning up £15 million a year in losses that we are neck and neck with the nobbers and the rest.