BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well if you read its says Mowbray has spoken to their owners about new contracts for the 5 players(Armstrong, Dack, Lenihan, Travis and Nyambe). 

Dack and Nyambe(who mowbray has pissed about by playing Bennett in his position too many times) won't be signing now.  Too late, and i expect they will maximise their financial position by letting their deals run down and leaving for free.....

Shit management yet again.

26 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

We haven't seen enough of Wharton and Carter at this level to know they aren't liabilities. And the centre of defence is arguably a more crucial position in general, literally the last bit of protection a goalkeeper has, you can't be be going into a season with only one good centre half at this level.

Sounds a bit too Catch 22 for my liking. Bell has clearly struggled to progress following his arrival, and is consistently wasteful in possession and passes backwards or sideways when play is screaming out for a run to the by line and cross. For that reason I think it is time for him to be moved on and a replacement found. If Wharton or Carter can step up, now is the time to bring them in. If not, then we have a problem that can only be solved by more recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dack and Nyambe(who mowbray has pissed about by playing Bennett in his position too many times) won't be signing now.  Too late, and i expect they will maximise their financial position by letting their deals run down and leaving for free.....

Shit management yet again.

You have no idea how long these contracts have been discussed but yeah why not, criticise the club again. What would you rather the club do? Not offer new contracts? Or is that shit management as well??

Baffles me as to why some fans try to find reasons to criticise everything. Offering our best players new contracts is surely positive intent.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Sounds a bit too Catch 22 for my liking. Bell has clearly struggled to progress following his arrival, and is consistently wasteful in possession and passes backwards or sideways when play is screaming out for a run to the by line and cross. For that reason I think it is time for him to be moved on and a replacement found. If Wharton or Carter can step up, now is the time to bring them in. If not, then we have a problem that can only be solved by more recruitment. 

I would argue Carter showed in the last 2 games that he isn't ready, we conceded 6 in those games altogether. Particularly remember him looking really poor on the turn against Luton, their player raced away from him on more than one occasion.

Mowbray has already stated since the first couple of friendlies that we need "men" at centre back. I don't look at Wharton and see someone who can dominate a striker. Granted Tosin didn't do that either but he had his other attributes. I'm not sure what Wharton's are.

I'm agreeing with the Bell comments. He is poor, I just feel a poor left back is easier to mask than a poor centre half.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t know mate, I’m not the CEO nor am I a member of the Rao family.

But it seems that the manager is safe for now and therefore my post was relating to transfer activity and the positions I would focus on.

You said "he will live and die by their results". I think you're wrong, he'll live whatever the results.

We have hardly improved in the last 2 seasons despite the big spending. He should "die" on that basis alone.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

You said "he will live and die by their results". I think you're wrong, he'll live whatever the results.

We have hardly improved in the last 2 seasons despite the big spending. He should "die" on that basis alone.

Great post. And why I am seriously worried by his transfers. 

Last season he had a 50:50 ratio which was his best yet and still poor. However 4 of the 6 aren't here any more and a 5th looked over the hill when he came. Long term solutions and planning is not his forte.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm not optimistic on Dack.

This was November 2019:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18070592.latest-rovers-contract-talks-star-man-bradley-dack/

Seems little progress has been made now in nearly 10 months. Taking too long.

How do we know how long we’ve discussed a new contract, it’s down to the player and his agent, if they don’t agree to extend yet there’s not much we can do, we’ve done pretty good recently tying down a lot of the young one’s, but trying to extend someone like Dack, probably our best player will take a long time.

Whatever we can pay, Dack and his agent know if a decent premier club comes in they could blow us away. 

Really hope they can extend Dack/ Nyambe contracts and add a permanent c/b and l/b and a couple of loans.
We live in hope, COYB.

10 hours ago, Ricky said:

The gaping holes in defence and goal make it even more astounding that anyone authorised TM spending £12m on two average front men. Especially when they don’t seem to fit the system that he wants to play. Madness!

They should have built from the back and it should have started in lge 1 but if not then the min we got promoted.  Now it's arse over elbow because there is not enough finance to do it properly it's mainly gap plugging.

That's the top and bottom of it all if they'd done that there might have been a good keeper already there to step in after Raya and a more established back line. There probably wouldn't have been 2 expensive misfit forwards still being shoehorned into a line up to try and get something in return.

But that's how this club and manager do things so the hope now is the front players catch fire and keep us in the goal;s because the back line will still leak them. Barring some last min rabbit out the hat deals the defence and keeper spots still aren't strong enough for anything other than keeping our heads above water, IF we are banging them in at the other end.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, unsall said:

How do we know how long we’ve discussed a new contract, it’s down to the player and his agent, if they don’t agree to extend yet there’s not much we can do, we’ve done pretty good recently tying down a lot of the young one’s, but trying to extend someone like Dack, probably our best player will take a long time.

Whatever we can pay, Dack and his agent know if a decent premier club comes in they could blow us away. 

Really hope they can extend Dack/ Nyambe contracts and add a permanent c/b and l/b and a couple of loans.
We live in hope, COYB.

Mowbray's comments in November 2019 and nearly  in September 2020 are virtually the same. That suggests to me that there has been little to no progress during that long period. I would hope that if both parties were on the same page then over nearly a year something could be sorted out.

Granted in late December he sustained a major injury, which may have frozen things, but as he comes out the other side what we cannot afford is to nurture him through his injury only for him to walk once he is back playing.

From the players point of view if he signed a new deal he could get a pay rise. Signing a new deal will not put off Premier League clubs. If one wants him and thinks he is good enough they will pay.

I'm not sure he will ever make it to that level.

Edited by JHRover

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray's comments in November 2019 and nearly  in September 2020 are virtually the same. That suggests to me that there has been little to no progress during that long period. I would hope that if both parties were on the same page then over nearly a year something could be sorted out.

Granted in late December he sustained a major injury, which may have frozen things, but as he comes out the other side what we cannot afford is to nurture him through his injury only for him to walk once he is back playing.

From the players point of view if he signed a new deal he could get a pay rise. Signing a new deal will not put off Premier League clubs. If one wants him and thinks he is good enough they will pay.

I'm not sure he will ever make it to that level.

So you think championship is his level.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I have seen Sheffield Wednesday. What about them? You will note that their points deduction wasn't given for breaking Ffp rules or overspending, but was given for failing to provide accurate records in their accounts and attempting to decieve the League by backdating their stadium sale.

Why have they failed to provide accurate records in their accounts and backdated their stadium sale if not to overspend and defy FFP though? Genuine question as I haven't really read about it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, unsall said:

So you think championship is his level.

I do although he could prove me wrong but i think it far more likely a top championship club would be after him. Or one in the Prem near the bottom with half an eye on if they did go down he'd be in place ready to help try go back up.

He's good on the ball and has a good football brain but has never looked fit enough or sharp enough to be a player coveted by Prem clubs. Not for the money we'd want anyway but who knows.

Right now he's got to just get back to being able to cut it at midtable champ level the rest is irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Rob Elliot is a name we are looking at as a second goalkeeper. Available on a free after release from Newcastle after 9 years. When was his last competitive game?

34 years old and only played 191 games ... waste of a career if you ask me 

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Long-term occupation seems to be though.  :angry:

I know. And I think this is what irritates me even more about the situation. Most managers have to be pragmatic and have some focus on short term as otherwise they won't remain in post. Our guy is safe as houses and can rely on being here long term and yet somehow.despite this advantage cannot see beyond the current season. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Rob Elliot is a name we are looking at as a second goalkeeper. Available on a free after release from Newcastle after 9 years. When was his last competitive game?

Heard anything about Jaka Bijol or is it just agent talk ?

24 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I would have taken Elliot in front of some of the other names mentioned as our first choice at the start of the summer, so whilst I'd question the attitude of someone who gets to his stage of his career with so few appearances, as a back up that's a great option.