BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see your point totally. I just think we cant let another King or Marshall situation happening again. 

I'd rather avoid it too. But that promotion honeypot is worth the risk of a couple of million if we think we can compete. Of course the best case scenario is that Nyambe signs a better deal soon so let's hope for that.

I was very annoyed when the last deal he signed was only a 2 year one. Nobody of that age with talent should be signing such short deals when we can help it. I'd like to know the reasons and whether that came from the club or the player.

3 hours ago, unsall said:

How do we know how long we’ve discussed a new contract, it’s down to the player and his agent, if they don’t agree to extend yet there’s not much we can do, we’ve done pretty good recently tying down a lot of the young one’s, but trying to extend someone like Dack, probably our best player will take a long time.

Whatever we can pay, Dack and his agent know if a decent premier club comes in they could blow us away. 

Really hope they can extend Dack/ Nyambe contracts and add a permanent c/b and l/b and a couple of loans.
We live in hope, COYB.

If I were Dack I'd be signing whatever contract Rovers put in front of me. Who's to say he's going to reach the same levels again ? Looking good in training when your mates are deliberately taking it easy against you is one thing, doing it against opponents who know you'll be vulnerable to a bang on the knee is another thing altogether.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You have no idea how long these contracts have been discussed but yeah why not, criticise the club again. What would you rather the club do? Not offer new contracts? Or is that shit management as well??

Baffles me as to why some fans try to find reasons to criticise everything. Offering our best players new contracts is surely positive intent.

Im criticising the club for bad business and mowbray for stunting Nyambe....He should have played well over 200 games for us by now. Joke...

3 hours ago, unsall said:

How do we know how long we’ve discussed a new contract, it’s down to the player and his agent, if they don’t agree to extend yet there’s not much we can do, we’ve done pretty good recently tying down a lot of the young one’s, but trying to extend someone like Dack, probably our best player will take a long time.

Whatever we can pay, Dack and his agent know if a decent premier club comes in they could blow us away. 

Really hope they can extend Dack/ Nyambe contracts and add a permanent c/b and l/b and a couple of loans.
We live in hope, COYB.

I would say the club, as much as Dack, are seeing if he comes back the same player. No point extending him if he comes back the shadow of the player he was. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I would say the club, as much as Dack, are seeing if he comes back the same player. No point extending him if he comes back the shadow of the player he was. 

Exactly, we all thought Matty would come back from the bang on the head but he didn't. Recovering from serious injuries can be 50% physical and 50% mental. Some players can do it and some can't.  

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Potential? Mowbray has stunted his development with his Benno love in. Nyambe will be off and I don't blame him.  He will just sit tight now.

Dack will also be off at the end of the season unless we go up. IMO

Opinions on Nyambe. I actually think he’s very well protected because he’s a young player. And I think he’s never been consistently good enough to make the position his own until this season and guess what? He’s played (when fit) in front of Bennett. Either way, I don’t think he’s anything special and as per, if he doesn’t wanna sign, get rid.

Your point about Dack not relevant. So what if he goes next summer as long as he’s under contract. Which he will be when WE trigger his 12 month extension. You were suggesting that we could potentially lose him AND Nyambe next summer. Which is not going to happen.

1 hour ago, m1st said:

For me, one of the benefits Gresko enjoyed was playing his career behind Damian Duff. It always seemed to me that Duffer was prepared to come back and help Gresko out.

Didn't Gresko only join on loan and play with Duff for 4 months? (Jan-May 2003)

But your general point is valid.

For me the example would be Warnock. Warnock was not a great fullback, terrible positionally and erratic and reckless in tackling, but Pederson did SO much defensively it allowed Warnock to impress more than he deserved IMO.

Mowbrays system basically hangs his full backs out to dry. Expecting them to do everything - so unless you have Cafu and Ashley Cole as fullbacks, you're screwed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Im criticising the club for bad business and mowbray for stunting Nyambe....He should have played well over 200 games for us by now. Joke...

200 games!!!? Mate, I genuinely wonder sometimes if you actually watch the matches. Your opinions on players are unreal. I’m all for youth but Nyambe until this season has been the most inconsistent player we have. He has ranged from Useless to unplayable for most of his young career and has literally turned that corner in the last few months thus keeping the resident utility man out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

For me the example would be Warnock. Warnock was not a great fullback, terrible positionally and erratic and reckless in tackling, but Pederson did SO much defensively it allowed Warnock to impress more than he deserved IMO.

Mowbrays system basically hangs his full backs out to dry. Expecting them to do everything - so unless you have Cafu and Ashley Cole as fullbacks, you're screwed.

Warnock was head and shoulders above any full back we've had at the club for a good while.

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Without going into the other room and checking, I couldn't tell you, Angry Pirate; I  just recall one game where Duffer put in a real shift and I commented on it to my pals in the Riverside.

Totally agree with you about Warnock & Pedersen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

200 games!!!? Mate, I genuinely wonder sometimes if you actually watch the matches. Your opinions on players are unreal. I’m all for youth but Nyambe until this season has been the most inconsistent player we have. He has ranged from Useless to unplayable for most of his young career and has literally turned that corner in the last few months thus keeping the resident utility man out.

Nyambe was unplayable 4 seasons ago, just hasn't had the correct manager and coaching structure to develop his final ball/head up under pressure.  I remember him 4 seasons ago tearing left backs apart and only his final ball was missing. His defenive game is sound when he's confident and in the managers good books 

I fully expect him to play at a higher level 

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd rather avoid it too. But that promotion honeypot is worth the risk of a couple of million if we think we can compete. Of course the best case scenario is that Nyambe signs a better deal soon so let's hope for that.

I was very annoyed when the last deal he signed was only a 2 year one. Nobody of that age with talent should be signing such short deals when we can help it. I'd like to know the reasons and whether that came from the club or the player.

Depends who.if any one is interest in Nyambe. His attacking game isnt good enough.and hasnt come on enough for me. I can see Nyambe ending up a centre back eventually. 

I think we could do better. Who is more attacking minded but good defensive still. European network would be useful here. @RovingRover is there any one you think we get who would be better than Nyambe?

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wait a sec, we did sell Marshall though. 

But for low fee. Would have higher fee in the summer or 18 months before his contract was ending. 

Let's not rewrite history. Nyambe hasn't been perfect but he has been a lot, a huge amount, better than Bennett at RB and has been for years.

The difference is Mowbray likes having Bennett in the team, but not Nyambe for some reason. If we lost Nyambe it would be another massive blow to an already incredibly shaky defence.

Interesting Nyambe has been put on the bench today with JRC at RB. I wonder if that is the real reason he hasn't signed? He can see JRC is going to leapfrog him in the pecking order?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nyambe was unplayable 4 seasons ago, just hasn't had the correct manager and coaching structure to develop his final ball/head up under pressure.  I remember him 4 seasons ago tearing left backs apart and only his final ball was missing. His defenive game is sound when he's confident and in the managers good books 

For most of the time Nyambe has been a complete tampax. Useful for a one week per month. It’s only this season he’s kicked on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I wouldn't like to have to play against him. Not many players will beat him in a foot race. He'll be great as a centre back when they ban heading the ball.

• Like 1

Am I missing something about Nyambe? The way that we're talking it's like he's been kept out the side like Harry Chapman. He played more than 30 league games last year, a similar number the year previous and this is a player who has missed a lot of football through injury, not just not being picked.  

I don't know why his contract situation is what it is, but if he doesn't sign I doubt it's because he doesn't think he plays enough. 

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Let's not rewrite history. Nyambe hasn't been perfect but he has been a lot, a huge amount, better than Bennett at RB and has been for years.

The difference is Mowbray likes having Bennett in the team, but not Nyambe for some reason. If we lost Nyambe it would be another massive blow to an already incredibly shaky defence.

Interesting Nyambe has been put on the bench today with JRC at RB. I wonder if that is the real reason he hasn't signed? He can see JRC is going to leapfrog him in the pecking order?

He has been injured. I'd expect a 2and half cameo perhaps. I do hope that JRC plays right back instead of bennett should nyambe be unavailable for any reason

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn't like to have to play against him. Not many players will beat him in a foot race. He'll be great as a centre back when they ban heading the ball.

I agree, he’s pretty unbeatable in a foot race going either way and is very strong, doesn’t get knocked off the ball. But, for me has a big weakness also at both ends of situational awareness. For a player who can get past a fullback to only have one good assist is ludicrous, but his final ball is almost always a hit and hope. Equally, at the back I can think of numerous goals conceded where he was unaware of what his man was up to. Hard to coach either IMO as it’s in the head: pattern recognition, projecting multiple vectors etc.