BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

I think it's pretty obvious there's always been something else in the background with the Nyambe situation.  TM has always been quick to heave him out now and again whilst others get away with it and i don't think it's just because of Bennett.

If you go back and read his comments about some of his absences i think there's been quite a few different reason given by the manager. Maybe it's just his way of getting a tune out of a young player or maybe he just plain doesn't rate him or like him. Of course in public he'll always be referred to as a great human being.

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Am I missing something about Nyambe? The way that we're talking it's like he's been kept out the side like Harry Chapman. He played more than 30 league games last year, a similar number the year previous and this is a player who has missed a lot of football through injury, not just not being picked.  

I don't know why his contract situation is what it is, but if he doesn't sign I doubt it's because he doesn't think he plays enough. 

Everytime Benno played his position whilst he sat on the bench would have hurt him.  He's off and has been for the last 12 months 

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

IHard to coach either IMO as it’s in the head: pattern recognition, projecting multiple vectors etc.

I can't agree, our coaching has been shite for the last few years.  

I know people who would do that sort of one on one coaching with him better than it seems our coaches are

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I agree, he’s pretty unbeatable in a foot race going either way and is very strong, doesn’t get knocked off the ball. But, for me has a big weakness also at both ends of situational awareness. For a player who can get past a fullback to only have one good assist is ludicrous, but his final ball is almost always a hit and hope. Equally, at the back I can think of numerous goals conceded where he was unaware of what his man was up to. Hard to coach either IMO as it’s in the head: pattern recognition, projecting multiple vectors etc.

Yes, very true. 60% athlete, 40% footballer. Having said that we should have made more of him by now. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

They are all made into athletes now from a young age that's what academies do but sadly they don't turn all those athletes into good footballers.

Used to be the other way around the number of good on the ball players there was blowing out their arse after 25 mins in the 80's. Its gone full circle now.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Let's not rewrite history. Nyambe hasn't been perfect but he has been a lot, a huge amount, better than Bennett at RB and has been for years.

The difference is Mowbray likes having Bennett in the team, but not Nyambe for some reason. If we lost Nyambe it would be another massive blow to an already incredibly shaky defence.

Interesting Nyambe has been put on the bench today with JRC at RB. I wonder if that is the real reason he hasn't signed? He can see JRC is going to leapfrog him in the pecking order?

No he's on the bench because he's had an injury. TM said he might make the squad but he wouldn't rush him back

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

No he's on the bench because he's had an injury. TM said he might make the squad but he wouldn't rush him back

Thinking about it logically it could just be a money thing. Nyambe is probably on around 20-30% of the average first team salary. He wants to get up to parity, but rovers have refused to do it.

1 minute ago, neophox said:

I can in some way understand Mulgrew frustration. You play the strongest team and right now Wharton is ahead... I hope Mulgrew finds a new club and we get a new manager in. Another clueless performerance today. 

Does seem like Mowbray has a poor relationship with some players.

Dack hasn't signed a new contract for whatever reason, Mulgree unhappy, Nyambe seems unhappy for whatever reason and Chapman has been treated shodily.