BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Have to say I feel like people are overreacting to this. I like many hope it is a CB or a LB as they are clearly needed, but I also feel like we need another midfielder, esp as were going with this 4 - 3 - 3 formation. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter what order we sign positions, aslong as we sign all of them. If the right player comes along then we arnt gonna turn it down because we want to sign other positions first. I’m sure (Hope!)the club isn’t stupid enough to waste finances on less crucial additions, I’m sure they’ve set out a budget for each position with a centre back and left back having the majority of our budget dedicated to them. 

One thing I am worried about is that there seems to be a disturbingly lack of left back rumours. 

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Ouch. Open fracture?

Yeah, Rovers were playing Fulham at Ewood years ago The game had only been going about 2 minutes when their centre forward and our centre half both went up for a Fulham goal kick. Our guy heads it back down the pitch, their guy comes back down, stumbles, and goes over badly. You could hear the crack on the Riverside. The guy was an experienced striker aged in his late 20's and he never really played again after that ! 

A really innocuous incident that you saw many times in a games in those days that went badly wrong.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, Rovers were playing Fulham at Ewood years ago The game had only been going about 2 minutes when their centre forward and our centre half both went up for a Fulham goal kick. Our guy heads it back down the pitch, their guy comes back down, stumbles, and goes over badly. You could hear the crack on the Riverside. The guy was an experienced striker aged in his late 20's and he never really played again after that ! 

A really innocuous incident that you saw many times in a games in those days that went badly wrong.

Sounds horrendous.

Just now, Stuart said:

Sounds horrendous.

I saw worse as an young amateur player. One guy got a bad break, he was crying out, it was cold and wet but we couldn't move him. We sent for an ambulance but the security guys couldn't find the key to unlock the gates to let the ambulance onto the pitch. Eventually they found the keys and got the gate open only for the ambulance to bog down on the pitch. We had to get the poor bloke onto a bench and carry him to the ambulance. Then we had to push the ambulance back onto the road. All in all in must have taken about 3/4 of an hour to an hour to get off the lad off the pitch.

I've never forgotten that one.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw worse as an young amateur player. One guy got a bad break, he was crying out, it was cold and wet but we couldn't move him. We sent for an ambulance but the security guys couldn't find the key to unlock the gates to let the ambulance onto the pitch. Eventually they found the keys and got the gate open only for the ambulance to bog down on the pitch. We had to get the poor bloke onto a bench and carry him to the ambulance. Then we had to push the ambulance back onto the road. All in all in must have taken about 3/4 of an hour to an hour to get off the lad off the pitch.

I've never forgotten that one.

What’s worse is that because of the cutbacks in the NHS is that 45 minutes is probably a fast response time these days!

• Like 1

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The crack of Cissé's shin when he was running alongside McEveley still rings in my nightmares. I shuddered on the BBE when it happened, albeit I tried to rationalise it away as his shin pad at the time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

This formation does not suit Armstrong, Travis or Dack. Why is Mowbray persisting with a formation in which our three star men do not fit? 

Agree with dack. Disagree with the other two. 

Armstrong from the left of the 3 is probably where he is best. Travis gets a bit more license to get up and down in the right of a 3.

Dont see where dack slots in though. I'm worried it's as a false 9

• Like 2