BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

According to todays paper Leeds have just signed Robin Koch a 24 yr old German central defender from Freiburg so that could be their interest in Kipre is over.

Indeed. Would seem it is.

WBA still favourites to get his signature though unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would agree that Dack has the skills to perform that role but playing him deeper would mean most of the goals he scores would dry up.

Scored plenty from there at Gillingham. Maybe a slight trade off but would benefit the team as he fits into a system rather than the system being changed to accommodate him. Almost gives him a free role from deeper - so much harder to pick up when arriving in the box. Has the footballing brain to play some killer passes and a role based more on stamina than pace which should suit him. 

Not too dissimilar to Dunny.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Souness's best 2 signings without a doubt

My point being Freidal was not thought good enough at Lpool, turned out to be one of the best, so some fans complaining about only £500k for our new goalkeeper is rather offensive, give the guy a chance please.

Edited by EgyptianPete

3 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

My point being Freidal was not thought good enough at Lpool, turned out to be one of the best, so some fans complaining about only £500k for our new goalkeeper is rather offensive, give the guy a chance please.

I don't think it's offensive, short sighted and possibly ignorant, and very possibly a future specsavers ad

28 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Scored plenty from there at Gillingham. Maybe a slight trade off but would benefit the team as he fits into a system rather than the system being changed to accommodate him. Almost gives him a free role from deeper - so much harder to pick up when arriving in the box. Has the footballing brain to play some killer passes and a role based more on stamina than pace which should suit him. 

I share the worries about how not playing him as a 10 might mean that we don't see Dack at his best, but if we're playing a standard 4-3-3 then in theory it could work out like you say.

Like a Championship Frank Lampard.

10 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I share the worries about how not playing him as a 10 might mean that we don't see Dack at his best, but if we're playing a standard 4-3-3 then in theory it could work out like you say.

Dack on the left of the 3 in midfield, does he have the engine to get up and down?

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Mowbray changed the formation to accommodate Dack not playing. Armstrong needs the freedom to roam up front. Playing Holtby and Dack and the 4-3-3 becomes 4-1-2-1-2. We don't have the personnel to play a natural, standard 4-3-3.

The Celtic player is probably McBride, who is another who looks like a faint breeze would blow over.

51 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yeah he’d be good there, but we need his goals and guile up top. I’m loving BB and Armstrong but there isn’t a truly clinical finisher in the squad unless Dack gets in the box.

Would still like to see a young goal-getter in the Rhian Brewster mould come in on loan once we’ve sorted permanent defenders - gives us the option to move Bradley around to get a grip on games if need be.

I saw it as 4-1-2-1-2 too @Richard Oakley, and I started to like it. Before glass back Holtby got injured by a nudge.

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah he’d be good there, but we need his goals and guile up top. I’m loving BB and Armstrong but there isn’t a truly clinical finisher in the squad unless Dack gets in the box.

Would still like to see a young goal-getter in the Rhian Brewster mould come in on loan once we’ve sorted permanent defenders - gives us the option to move Bradley around to get a grip on games if need be.

Brewster would get us into playoff contention, no doubt for me. Unless Tm plays him on the wing.

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Dack on the left of the 3 in midfield, does he have the engine to get up and down?

Perhaps, perhaps not. I think as number 10s go he already gets through quite a lot of work, and if he's the most attacking player in a midfield three then at least he wouldn't have the same defensive demands, but let's see. 

I think there's a chance of him playing deeper and him still having a real impact with his goals anyway, but time will tell if that's the road we go down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

But it never does. Why try to over complicate things, just play your best player and most dangerous goal threat in his best and most effective position. 

We don’t have a DG anymore.

Get Arma, Dack, Holtby and Brereton on the pitch and we’ll score plenty.

• Like 1