BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Kipre has been widely praised for his performances last season. I don't think the fact that we were about to get a deal done until a Premier League club came knocking smells of desperation to me.

Not so sure he's a journeyman, other than being somebody who deserves to be playing at a higher level than League One.

Like say Scott Wharton he’s done the rounds. League 2 player of the month.

Gestede had one good season with us the rest before and after has been shite. Having a good spell does not make him the solution to our problems.

in the main you reach a level there are exceptions but they are unusual particularly in this day and age. Vardy is one.

i was gutted on the failure to sign John McGinn but not s player with no previous.

This one is a pinch of salt 

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He was, now Fulham have done a deal to get him permanently.

Amazing that a newly promoted Premier League side see enough to splash the cash on him yet he wasn't good enough for our midfield.

Fulham benefited from him learning the game from Smallwood and Evans. ?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Another shocking mistake by Mowbray ...

He was staying in Hanley house at the time and I did some work there, told me himself his lady was fed up wanted to be back down south next to her family so was going to stay at clubs down there FACT nothing to do with TM 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Amazing that a newly promoted Premier League side see enough to splash the cash on him yet he wasn't good enough for our midfield.

He played more games for us than he did at Fulham last season. So it’s rubbish that Mowbray didn’t think he was good enough for our first team. 

He’s gone to Fulham for £8mil, so there’s no way we could have afforded such a fee.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

He was staying in Hanley house at the time and I did some work there, told me himself his lady was fed up wanted to be back down south next to her family so was going to stay at clubs down there FACT nothing to do with TM 

Good job no Premier League clubs North of Watford took an interest then.

Still doesn't explain why he had to learn from Richie Smallwood.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Miker said:

He played more games for us than he did at Fulham last season. So it’s rubbish that Mowbray didn’t think he was good enough for our first team. 

He’s gone to Fulham for £8mil, so there’s no way we could have afforded such a fee.

Apart from we spent nearly that on Ben Brereton and well over that figure in the last two summers.

Mowbray himself played Reed out of position and said he had to learn from Smallwood. I didn't.

He missed games this year due to injury. If he had been fit he would have played more.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Of course he was good enough for our midfield, you and everyone else knew Rovers tried to get him back on loan, but TM said we  couldn’t compete with Fulham with what they were paying him, purely down to cash, and the fact he wanted to stay down south, nothing to do with Mowbray thinking he wasn’t good enough.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

Of course he was good enough for our midfield, you and everyone else knew Rovers tried to get him back on loan, but TM said we  couldn’t compete with Fulham with what they were paying him, purely down to cash, and the fact he wanted to stay down south, nothing to do with Mowbray thinking he wasn’t good enough.

Of course, you're right, we did all we could but he won't move north of Watford because his bird didn't fancy it. Good job he's not on Liverpool's wish list or Klopp would be facing rejection.

I'm sure spending half his season playing out wide whilst being told he wasn't good enough yet to play Central midfield whilst Richie Smallwood did was the right way to go about keeping him happy 

• Like 2

Not followed the transfer news for the last couple of days, but I'm guessing with less than two weeks to go before than the start of the season,  it's the usual "we tried hard but couldn't get the deals over the line" hard luck sob story in relation to the majority of our targets?

(with the exception of the keeper).

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

We bid for him. He didn't want to come here. He wanted to stay down south, missus wanted to stay near family. He would have signed for us as a last resort if no one else bid. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Apart from we spent nearly that on Ben Brereton and well over that figure in the last two summers.

Mowbray himself played Reed out of position and said he had to learn from Smallwood. I didn't.

He missed games this year due to injury. If he had been fit he would have played more.

BB is much better value at £6 million indeed.

Reed is no better than Travis.

2 hours ago, TruRover said:

Can’t see Kipre going anywhere but West Brom but it seems like the guy on twitter who originally broke the news still thinks he’s coming to us.

If he (Whitney) thinks it’s still on then it prob is. He has no obv reason to lie (ie isn’t some wanked out transfer account or attention seeker based on his previous tweets etc) and broke the Kipre story before any journalists had even mentioned the name. Seems to have the inside track? Let’s see.

Ill tell you summat though...if Mowbray pulls this £900k transfer off under PL West Brom’s nose after signing a keeper via our European scouting network then things in here get interesting! Those who’ve mocked the European model, said we were skint and we’d be reliant on freebies and loans and reckoned Mowbray couldn’t tempt players with his Mrs Lemon drizzle cake might well be feeling a little red faced...??

fyi - bearing in mind we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, aren’t generating cash and are perilously close to ffp troubles, who’s paying for all of this? Hate them all we like, but they always pay up! ???

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If he (Whitney) thinks it’s still on then it prob is. He has no obv reason to lie (ie isn’t some wanked out transfer account or attention seeker based on his previous tweets etc) and broke the Kipre story before any journalists had even mentioned the name. Seems to have the inside track? Let’s see.

Ill tell you summat though...if Mowbray pulls this £900k transfer off under PL West Brom’s nose after signing a keeper via our European scouting network then things in here get interesting! Those who’ve mocked the European model, said we were skint and we’d be reliant on freebies and loans and reckoned Mowbray couldn’t tempt players with his Mrs Lemon drizzle cake might well be feeling a little red faced...??

fyi - bearing in mind we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, aren’t generating cash and are perilously close to ffp troubles, who’s paying for all of this? Hate them all we like, but they always pay up! ???

If

• Like 3

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I agree with @Ewood Ace regarding what has been a patient fan base within the ground, I remember how happy Ewood was when he scored v Bolton for example.

Ultimately, a messageboard is a perfect platform for people to judge players. If he is coming on here, a player with 2 goals in 2 years, and is upset by the criticism. Firstly I dont know why a player would come on such a platform, and secondly, surely he would expect fans to not be overly pleased that as a forward he has contributed so little and often looked so out of place.

One thing I certainly do not approve of is people, well a minority of idiots, directly messaging players on social media to call them. That being said, I dont know if Brereton has received that.

As a seperate argument, players do need to be able to have a thick enough skin to deal with 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

“I am flattered by West Brom’s interest and extra money, but I committed to Blackburn Rovers and that’s where I am going.” Said no modern footballer ever. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Of course, you're right, we did all we could but he won't move north of Watford because his bird didn't fancy it. Good job he's not on Liverpool's wish list or Klopp would be facing rejection.

I'm sure spending half his season playing out wide whilst being told he wasn't good enough yet to play Central midfield whilst Richie Smallwood did was the right way to go about keeping him happy 

No, the main reason was we couldn’t compete with Fulham’s wages, end of the day we have a budget,regardless of how much you think the owners have, I’m afraid paying wages like we paid Rhodes has gone.

Dont think there are many Venky lovers on here, but the last 3 years we have to be grateful that they keep putting money in to keep us going and a few quid for transfers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

He's now a Prem player with Fulham on about 4 times more than he would have been at Rovers. He must be gutted he moved back down south.